23 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

½ September 21, 2011
Very good german movie.
3,5/5
March 23, 2010
In the 1980's free thinking Karl Koch (August Diehl) is an idealistic and interested young man. He is an active fighter against nuclear power, which his financially situated father does not like at all. The minute his father dies, Karl starts to change his life. With the money he inherits he buys his first computer. And becomes one of the world's first Hacker. He is good at what he is doing: not only the German National Bank, also the Pentagon and the Ministry of Defence are no problem for him. But he does not break into the databases for fun. Karl is convinced that the Illuminati rule the world, since he read the books by Robert Shea. The number 23 is the most important sign for him, that the Illuminati have their hands in something. And he soon finds the 23 everywhere around him.

"America" becomes his own personal enemy. He is convinced that it is Adam Weishaupt, one of the founders of the Illuminati, on the Dollar-bill; not George Washington. And because America is so contaminated with the Illuminati, Karl does the obvious thing: he becomes a spy for the KGB, America's worst enemy. Drugs keep him awake while he works day and night against his enemies...and his own paranoia. And he does not notice that he is just used by the KGB.

"Nothing is true, everything is allowed."
November 8, 2010
groĆartiger Filme, den muss ich mal wieder gucken!
½ March 7, 2010
man,this is just too difficult to understand..

i only enjoy the first 30 minutes, the rest is just too confusing.

maybe i'm not smart enough to watch this kind of movie..
ScoopOnline
December 14, 2009
Nothing is as it seems.
August 21, 2007
Oh my... all along I thought I rated the movie 23 starring Jim Carrey. But I do not mind watching this 23 because based on the synopsis it sounds like an interesting film. I'm not familiar with any of the cast memebers but regardless of that it sounds liek an okay movie to watch:D
January 18, 2009
Watching this film was time well spent!
December 8, 2008
no thanks not my thing
½ August 1, 2008
this movie is very interesting.
February 23, 2007
A very well researched movie about the death of the German Hacker Karl Koch. The movie director studied documentary film but made a perfectly balanced mixture between a documentation and a feature film. Worth to see!
March 26, 2008
our classroom is haunted by the number 23! and a ghost apparently named Charlie! lolz.
January 31, 2008
Long before The Number 23 came this interesting, but ultimately confusing film about the paranoia of a computer hacker who starts seeing 23 everywhere. It's apparently based on a true story, so I should probably see it again when I'm not nearly asleep in the theater.
January 20, 2008
did you know that hackers started working so soon?
Nice thriller...
November 5, 2007
After I saw this movie i was seeing 23's for a week....but jim carry shouldnt do scary movies
November 4, 2007
didn't Jim Carey do a movie like this?
0z