You'll Eventually Be Able to Get "Lost" at the Movies

First we learn that "24" is planning to make the leap onto the silver screen, and now comes the (not very surprising) news that smash series "Lost" also has its sights set on life after network.

One of the "Lost" creators shared a quick little tease with PRInside: "The makers of LOST want to end the hit TV show after a maximum of five years and are planning a feature-length movie spin-off. Co-creator Damon Lindelof is so worried producers and studio executives will drag the show out he is making his opinion on the matter clear now. He says, "We'd love to end the show after four year, five years tops and do a movie."

Hope those castaways have a whole lot of sunscreen.

Comments

KwazyWabbit

Chad Pourciau

Welll being a huge LOST fan and there since episode 1 I know my LOST. If they know they can go five years then sounds like the show will end in it's prime. However I have no clue how they will pull off a spin-off film of this series. They better tread their ground easily or they could dissappoint alot of people. LOST is one of the best shows on TV they can't ruin it with one of the worst movies.

Jul 5 - 08:55 AM

PrecentorEpsilonXVI

James Humpula

Perhaps the spinoff will be like the X-Files movie? Kind of a culmination of all the hints and proddings they've been giving us throughout the series?

Jul 5 - 09:37 AM

KwazyWabbit

Chad Pourciau

Good idea I never thought of it that away. Or what it sounds like is the season finale might be the movie. They will wrap it all up in the film which sounds good to me. Good theroy though.

Jul 5 - 12:34 PM

PrecentorEpsilonXVI

James Humpula

Jul 5 - 09:37 AM

KwazyWabbit

Chad Pourciau

Jul 5 - 12:34 PM

KwazyWabbit

Chad Pourciau

Jul 5 - 12:34 PM

Unbreakable Samurai

Unbreakable Samurai

I love Lost, and it's probably a good thing if they don't let it go on for to long. Because I'm a huge fan I'll hate to see it end though, so a movie spinoff would be a great way to go. Just bring along the actors from the show, no replacing with a bigger name and I'll be happy.

Jul 5 - 12:44 PM

synergyred

Nancy Elizabeth

I don't watcg Lost but I have to admire a guy that knows when a show is meant to be over. It's a lot better to go out on a high note then to slowly degrade into crappiness and get cancelled.

Jul 5 - 02:43 PM

KwazyWabbit

Chad Pourciau

Thats the same thing I was thinking. Its better for a show to go out with pride and people be like "I wish it wasn't cancel but, it was one great show I'm glad the didn't start churning out crap." then to keep up with crap and eventaully get cancelled and people saying "Finally they cancel that stupid show."

Jul 5 - 04:47 PM

South_park300

First Last

Lost is my fave tv show right now, and i hope it is true about this news. they can end the series with a movie, and that would rock!

Jul 5 - 03:53 PM

KwazyWabbit

Chad Pourciau

Jul 5 - 04:47 PM

Kaleli

Michael Chovan

I think 4 years is a ripe age for most television series, despite how hot it is . As long as the story is planned and coherent all the way through, ala Babylon 5, where we KNOW where we are going and how we're getting there and we don't have to make up 5 filler episodes for every 1 relevant one, it's a very good think.

And I think it would be great if the series culminated with the finale being on the big screen rather than a spin-off movie.

But good move, nonetheless. Bad in that we now know the life of the show, but good that they will not let the series drag out to utter craptitude.

I eagerly await the next 3 years of my life now :)

Jul 5 - 06:42 PM

ajmueller

Alex Mueller

[b]LOST = lame[/b]
I watched most of the first season of this show and stopped because it was so ridiculous. I don't understand how incredibly cheesy plot "twists" make brilliant TV...if someone would like to explain, I'll read. The premise hooked me for a while, but once the idea that "hey, we're on an island" sunk in, it seemed like the plot couldn't go much farther. Good luck getting to 5 years fellas.

Jul 5 - 09:04 PM

phill01

First Last

Bring back firefly!!

Jul 6 - 02:34 AM

Sinizine

Sinizine .

Well, it should certainly work better in the format than 24 at least. I'm just hoping that the series itself is self reliant, and doesn't rely on the movie to be the conclusion. A big cliffhanger for the "series finale" would be a pain.

Jul 6 - 03:51 AM

dylan21484nj

glenn welsh

movies need to have a beginning, middle, and some kind of climax that resolves SOMETHING. even films that set up sequels need to have some kind of resolution, some kind of payoff. at least with 24, the formula works better in a film format - you've got some crisis that threatens the world, Jack Bauer going into action, a few twists and turns thrown in, some explosions and deaths, and Jack Bauer eventually saves the day. that's a much easier format to bring to a film.you've got your set-up, your conflict, and your resolution.

that's why a LOST film that ends the series would be better than a story that happens in between seasons. you need a satisfying resolution, and the only satisfying resolution a LOST film could have is if they all finally got off the island. plus, all the LOST fans will run to the theaters to see how it all ends in the summer movie season, so you've got a built-in audience and a likely box office success. besides, i don't think a LOST movie would be all that costly to make since it's pretty much just a bunch of people on an island, so it doesn't really require a Superman Returns-sized budget. so even if it has a small box office in comparison to most summer films in its run, it would likely still turn a profit and be considered a success.

Jul 6 - 07:44 AM

edgarandstephen

steve nonyobusiness

[b]LOST[/b]
souds sick, i love the show, and i was always wondering how they would end it...a movie would be kool, they could also have better special effects and a bigger budget (if anyone remembers the polar bear scene with walt from season 1 -they know what I mean...i love the show, but sometimes bad cgi can affect it)....although the pilot for this show was awsome -by far the best i have ever seen -it almost felt like a movie (and it was the most money ever spent for a telivision show piolt) -just a little fact

Jul 6 - 04:40 PM

the_don_of_yreka

Francisco "Kiko" Gomez

well well, i say... not bad. i like see this show end in five years too. and this moive will be like a cherry on top to finsh the show.

Jul 6 - 06:07 PM

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 350 Comic-Con Costumes!

The Hobbit
The Hobbit

See the final movie's trailer

Weekly Ketchup
Weekly Ketchup

Read the Comic-Con revelations

Photo gallery of great movie spaceships