2 Days in Paris - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

2 Days in Paris Reviews

½ June 20, 2014
Ok to watch but i expect more
January 4, 2014
150917: Purchased DVD from Beaumont Dollar Tree.
½ February 2, 2010
This delightful, very funny look into an eccentric couple's relationship proves that Delpy can be as good a filmmaker as she is an actress, and my only complaint about it is her unnecessary narration at the end instead of a dialogue that is not shown to us.
December 11, 2014
An inversion of Before Sunset, 2 Days in Paris combines a deeply personal character-driven honesty with the beauty of an authentic travel experience to tell a story that is organic, complex, and original.
½ September 15, 2014
A vaguely funny movie with some nice moments, but the main couple are rather tiresome. I wouldn't want to spend more than a few minutes with them!!!
July 12, 2008
Practically perfect.
July 20, 2014
It always fascinates me how people go from loving you madly, to nothing at all, nothing. It hurts so much. ... Here it is. One more, one less. Another wasted love story. I really loved this one. When I think that it's over and I'll never see him again like this, ... well yes, I'll bump in to him, we'll meet with our new boyfriend and girlfriend, act as if we'd never been together. The, we'll slowly think of each other less and less, until we forget each other completely; almost. Always the same for me; Break up, break down. Drink up. Fool around. Meet one guy, then another. Fuck around to forget the one and only and after a few months of total emptiness, start again to look for true love. Desperately, look everywhere and after two years of loneliness, meet a new love, and swear it is the one, until that one is gone as well.
There is a moment in life that you can't recover any more from another breakup. And even if this person bugs you ... 60% of the time, well, you still can't live without him. And even if he wakes you up every day, by sneezing right in your face, well, you love his sneezes more than anyone else's kisses.
July 4, 2014
Rom Com penned and directed by Ms Delpy. Great observation and a look at the French and Paris a refreshingly non-romantic way. A few good laughs - nothing like Before Sunset/Sunrise so be prepared!
May 16, 2014
A smart, funny, conversational perspective on relationships
May 1, 2014
Great Movie, wonderful dialogs and a amazing Julie Delpy
March 22, 2014
It's funny as well as serious... Every characters fits perfectly and seldom are there moments where you think about something else going on in your life. Engaging, enchanting and entertaining, 2 Days in Paris checks off the 3 E's of a good romantic comedy.
March 17, 2014
Ugh, everything I'd assume to dislike about France and French people. Delpy's character is kind of insane, and the problem is as the writer/director, Delpy is expecting the audience to identify with Marion (I think so anyway) when she's pretty crazy.
½ February 26, 2014
Julie Delpy's movies are all just talk talk talk but this one is funny :)
½ February 6, 2014
I love the deadpan, almost neurotic delivery of Golberg and the wonderful fanaticism from Delpy - the dynamic between Delpy and Goldberg is absolutely great. This film is awkwardly and sometimes uncomfortably hilarious with nice little observations about reality and I enjoyed every bit of it.
March 10, 2009
Not fantastic but fun. Watch with a beer and/or friends. You should chuckle sometimes.
January 15, 2008
Not so entertaining, but was okay to watch.
½ December 22, 2013
"It always fascinated me how people go from loving you madly to nothing at all, nothing. It hurts so much. When I feel someone is going to leave me, I have a tendency to break up first before I get to hear the whole thing. Here it is. One more, one less. Another wasted love story. I really love this one. When I think that its over, that I'll never see him again like this... well yes, I'll bump into him, we'll meet our new boyfriend and girlfriend, act as if we had never been together, then we'll slowly think of each other less and less until we forget each other completely. Almost. Always the same for me. Break up, break down. Drunk up, fool around. Meet one guy, then another, fuck around. Forget the one and only. Then after a few months of total emptiness start again to look for true love, desperately look everywhere and after two years of loneliness meet a new love and swear it is the one, until that one is gone as well. There's a moment in life where you can't recover any more from another break-up. And even if this person bugs you sixty percent of the time, well you still can't live without him. And even if he wakes you up every day by sneezing right in your face, well you love his sneezes more than anyone else's kisses."
½ December 1, 2013
Should be re-named Nightmare stay in Paris. I didn't have much sympathy for the character of Jack, but my lord, poor guy had a reason to complain about this short stay in Paris.
I know the French have a reputation for being rude, but surely no one encounters that many rude and awful people in one brief stay in a city. I do understand his frustration though when everyone is speaking French around him, and he can not understand it, especially when a lot f the time it is his partner.
October 13, 2013
As ambitious and as spontaneously sweet as this movie could get, I couldn't get past the feeling of not caring. Yes, the writing was great and I actually liked Adam Goldberg's character when he wasn't being overly annoying. But I just couldn't feel the sympathy that the movie wanted you to feel, I couldn't feel that sympathy for two rich egotistical Americans who have to "rough it out" in Paris for a few days.
September 18, 2013
I have no idea why people like this movie. I tried to finish it twice and couldn't- both of these characters are absolutely annoying. Quirky is cool, flat out chihuahua sounding banter between the characters I just couldn't handle. I really did try and I usually don't disagree this much with high rated movies but I would rather get a full body wax than ever watch this again.