Critics Consensus: 2 Guns Shoots Wildly, But Its Stars Connect
Plus, The Smurfs 2 has critics singing the blues.
Also opening this week in limited release:
- The Spectacular Now, starring Miles Teller and Shailene Woodley in a coming-of-age dramedy about a hard-partying high schooler who reconsiders his ways when he meets a more grounded classmate, is Certified Fresh at 93 percent.
- The Belgian import Our Children, a drama about a woman who cracks under the strain of her familial responsibilities, is at 93 percent.
- Smash & Grab: The Story of the Pink Panthers, a documentary about a daring and prolific band of jewel thieves, is at 75 percent.
- Europa Report, starring Michael Nyqvist and Embeth Davidtz in a found-footage sci-fi thriller about a group of astronauts in search of life on one of Jupiter's moons, is at 73 percent.
- When Comedy Went to School, a doc about the 1950s heyday of such comedians as Jerry Stiller, Jerry Lewis, and Sid Caesar, is at 69 percent.
- Cockneys vs Zombies, starring Harry Treadaway and Honor Blackman in a horror/comedy about a motley crew of working-class Brits working together to stave off a zombie attack, is at 68 percent.
- Rising From Ashes, a doc about a group of Rwandan cyclists and their strenuous preparations to qualify for the London Olympics, is at 67 percent.
- The Artist and the Model, starring Jean Rochefort and Claudia Cardinale in a World War II-era period drama about an aging sculptor who finds artistic inspiration from a young runaway, is at 50 percent.
- Drift, starring Sam Worthington in a drama about a family of Australian surfing pioneers, is at 29 percent.
- The Canyons, starring Lindsay Lohan and James Deen in a thriller about a movie producer who becomes jealous and possessive of his would-be actress girlfriend, is at 23 percent.