305 Reviews

½ March 28, 2013
lame, but pretty funny....they should make it with better special effect..i think it would hit the market better.

i like the characters..
September 2, 2008
Had the backgrounds been better, I'd have given this 3 stars. Thumbs up for having a good looking woman in the mix as well.
April 15, 2011
Ok, the special effects aren't great and neither is the plot or the acting, but for the low-budget that it so obviously is, i would say they've done a pretty good job of it all.
Developed from a mockumentary trailer uploaded to youtube, this is a spoof film based on the spartans who defended the goatpath as described in the 2007 Lionsgate film 300.

Original, funny and witty, this film serves the purpose that comedy films must serve at a basic level, which for amateur aspiring filmmakers, is a great achievement.
November 18, 2010
Better as the 5 minute youtube clip it stemmed from.
½ August 25, 2010
This movie was pretty cheesy and i didn't really enjoy it too much. I gave this movie a rating of "gay" or 3.
August 25, 2010
Why did I rent this movie? "Meet the Spartans" wasn't bad so I thought I would push my luck with 305. I can give you 305 reasons to not watch this movie. I made it less than 5 minutes before I ended this on-screen disaster. Message to the director..."Stick to YouTube!"
½ August 25, 2010
[font=Impact][size=5][color=Blue]I think I have gotten plenty enough spartan now. I rented this along with Meet the Spartans at the same time. You could tell this movie was made by the people who make The Office. It was funny but really stupid at the same time. Chances are if you don't like Napoleon Dynamite, you really will hate this movie.[/color][/size][/font]
August 25, 2010
The films concept gets tiring after about a half an hour. This is so bad it's actually somewhat entertaining, you feel guilty laughing, but you do on occasion. Really low budget.
½ September 25, 2009
This movie is just plain stupid.Avoid it at all costs.
½ August 24, 2008
Take two things that are great and mix them together and you should have yourself the ingredients of success - this was true of chocolate & peanut butter, peaches & cream and bangers & mash, but it was not so true of hamburger contraceptives or puppy Ultimate Fighting Championship. 305 falls into the latter category combining 2007's blockbuster 300 with the US remake of The Office and the results are surprisingly close having a vagina packed tight with raw, cold beef patties, or simply watching a wide eyed dalmatian puppy being kicked to death by a 7ft tall Croatian.

Simply borrowing the approach used in The Office and transplanting it onto a Spartan war would have been amusing (for about 3 minutes on youtube, I'd imagine) but such creative backflips are beyond the reach of the people behind 305, and instead they opt to shamelessly rip off The Office, taking entire characters out of the show and strapping them into a leather codpiece and cape. We see a man doing a fairly decent Rainn Wilson impersonation (which eventually becomes irritating) and someone doing a less decent John Krasinski impersonation (which is baffling considering he's the straight guy), the other three cast members are too vague and uninteresting to possibly be stolen from somewhere else, so I will credit the talents of the film-makers for these characters.

It's a one joke concept (someone else's joke, no less) that is implausibly stretched out to 90 minutes of painful runtime. I thought Meet the Spartans was as unimaginative and dull as the 300 concept could be lowered to, but this movie lacks even the cutting insight to make relentless gay jokes.

Save yourself the bother (not that any of you would be stupid enough to waste your time on this crap) and simply have a bowl of peaches & cream, whilst watching a bare knuckle boxer from Michigan punch a beagle in the face.
June 15, 2009
A YouTube love movie which brings the joy of the movie 300, with "The Office" style.
½ January 17, 2009
305 tells the story of the 5 misfit Spartans who didn't make the cut due to them being too fat, blind, or just idiots. When they get a little overzealous and run off to fight some Persians, leaving the goat road they were tasked to watch unattended, the Persians make short work of the 300 and the 5 misfits are on the run. This spoof of both "300" as well as "the Office" was funny enough, for the most part, and I enjoyed it immensely more than the completely cinematic excrement that was "Meet the Spartans" despite the extremely low-budget of this film. Hey here's an idea, give the makers of THIS film $30,000,000 and let the extremely untalented duo of Friedberg and Seltzer have to scrounge up pocket change for Their so-called 'films'
January 2, 2009
Never watching this crap!
½ September 27, 2008

i like the characters..
September 19, 2008
i thought preston from jackass was in thi
½ August 15, 2008
crud - gold standard
½ August 7, 2008
This was the stupidest movie I've ever seen. Don't Watch!!! You've been warned.
July 30, 2008