63% The Maze Runner Sep 19

87% The Strain: Season 1
79% You're the Worst: Season 1

30 Days of Night Reviews

September 14, 2014
The movie starts off and ends wonderfully. The setting is beautiful and the characters are realistic and likable. However, I found the extreme gore unnecessary and the antagonists were all ridiculous and over-dramatic.
August 24, 2014
fuck you roeper you stick with your stupid fake sparkling vampire crap and I will like a real vampire move
August 2, 2014
30 Days of Night is technically competent and has some impacting violence and gore, but does not do remarkably well at generating a consistent sense of dread, which is what would have been needed to make the best of the premise: small Alaskan town is going through its yearly 30-day polar night when a group of gruesome vampires decides to infest it. It's up to sheriff Josh Hartnett to lead a small group of survivors as they endure 30 days of hiding. Unfortunately, much of the hiding is dull, making this less entertaining than it promises.
June 19, 2012
30 Days of Night has its creepy atmosphere and features some great horror flicks and spooky looking vampires.
Clara H.
July 22, 2014
This movie does not depict vampires as anything romantic for once. They are portrayed as what they should have been all along; wild creatures whose only interest is to hunt, kill, and feed. They have claws, shark like teeth, and a memorable scream. There is blood and gore but these creatures are in no way simple minded. The actors did an amazing job transforming themselves into these spine chilling creatures of the night.
October 24, 2007
140718: Won't adjust my rating b/c any loss of satisfaction is likely due to a passage of time, not the quality of this film. Loved it the first time I saw it. Still find it quite good. Brought back memories of the comic and made me want to dig out that series. Don't come looking for a flawless story. Just sit back, relax and escape for a couple hours. Nasty, violent fun to be had. Ben Foster was awesome much like I found him in the last 3:10 to Yuma. Mark Boone Junior made me smile.
luccav78
July 7, 2014
Not one of my favorites, yet I give Slade a lot of credit and praise for his realistic and convincing portrayal of vampires and the dark, depressing premise of Barrow, Alaska during the hellish 30 days of night. Could've been a lot better though.
November 11, 2007
looks really good...i can't wait
May 27, 2014
Hilarious to me that David Slade directed this (which is one of my favorite modern vampire flicks) and then went on to direct an installment of The Twilight Saga. This film is brutal, gloomy, and atmospheric.
December 6, 2009
slow and not at all scary the cast could have done a lot more. Awesome Directing creates far more than the script deserves. The setting makes the film well worth a watch though.
May 28, 2014
Now this is a vampire film I can really sink my teeth into!
May 16, 2014
One of the most BORING films I've ever seen!
May 16, 2014
Simple plot filled with cheap thrills and gory scenes. Pretty much like that.
May 8, 2014
With Sam Raimi as producer you knew it was going to be a splatterpack, and the gore and special effects are done well, it's just the story that lets it down. Why does the main vampire talk so much, yet without subtitles we have no idea what he's saying? We get the idea, but in the end like so many modern horror flicks, all reason goes out the window and the make-it-up-as-we-go-along style takes over.
Sylvester K

May 4, 2014
Ben Foster, you ruined everything. It was a fun ride, filled with blood, severed heads and fangs. The acting was average, the set design was great. It lived up to the standard of the comic series. But I must admit the script could have been improved slightly, it becomes confusing in some scenes. The make up for vampire was really good, very impressed. Overall an enjoyable experience.
April 28, 2014
an original premise, but doesn't quite deliver. not as scary as it could have been, and the vamps are more like zombies who suck blood instead of eating you. very far removed from the suave, charming specimens we have become accustomed to in everything from Dracula to Lost Boys, Buffy, Twilight and Vampire Diaries. These guys are for the most part mute and ugly. kind of defeats the purpose. the whole point of the vamp traditionally is that they SEDUCE their prey instead of just chasing them down and killing them. a bit creepier in that the prey WANTS to be caught.
November 6, 2007
Super action packed, gory, violent and horrifying! A must see for fans of horror movies and vampires!

Cinematography was amazing and the movie is easily the best horror movie since the Descent.

P.S. Thank you 30 Days of Night for making vampires scary again.
April 2, 2014
One of the best vampire movies ever! Loved it!
November 12, 2007
While not a shot-for-shot remake of the comic, it is still as visceral and visually striking as the source material. We're not privy to the machinations of the vampires this time around, but that doesn't make them any less scary.
Just James
March 23, 2014
One of my favourite vampire movies, 30 Days Of Night has bite and with that bite comes lashings of blood. When a town is plunged into a yearly period of total darkness, vampires descend onto the town for dinner, hut the strong willed town's people aren't going down without a fight. Melissa George and Josh Hartnett are exceptional as a recently split couple, this relationship doesn't burden the vampiric excitement, it enlivens it, putting you in fear for their lives. The camerawork pans slowly stirring tension, and the bloodthirsty jump out regularly so you'll jump quite a lot. You'll have fun with 30 Days Of Night, it totally brings fresh blood to the genre and is a breathe of fresh air amongst all the Twilight madness.