388 Arletta Avenue - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

388 Arletta Avenue Reviews

½ January 6, 2013
realistic, yet pretty dull and boring at times, the whole computer thing got a little to repetitive to me. didn't really enjoy it, but the acting was pretty decent.
June 4, 2012
A stylish and well-made found footage serial killer film, 388 Arletta Avenue mixes Michael Haneke's masterful film Cache together with the older found footage stalker film Alone With Her. Despite being well made, 388 Arletta Avenue never achieves the heights of either film. Engaging throughout, it never manages to be creepy and just ultimately fizzles out.
November 23, 2014
Considering its mostly poor reviews I found the film to be quite entertaining. Being set in Toronto is a plus!
September 8, 2013
"My review can be called a spoiler alert" This movie left me wanting to know just a little bit more information and I had to watch it twice especially when it came to the ending. It kind of makes me upset because after viewing it twice, I still don't know which person was the killer, and it kind of pissed me off. I did although appreciate the genre of which it was filmed, it just that it left me quite frustrated.
August 12, 2013
Strangely compelling, and sinister & creepy...though now I'm singing "Da Doo Ron Ron" non-stop. That song will never be the same again.
July 31, 2013
I really enjoyed it! It was creepy and rather un-settling, and I liked the fact it didn't show too much or give you all the answers.
½ June 7, 2013
Canadians have pushed the edge when it comes to thrillers and horror - this carries on that bold tradition of truly trying to create a new take on some borrowed themes. This is a blend of serial killer meets paranormal activity. It holds your attention and has a very clever ending and hook.
April 7, 2013
If it were possible to give a 0 Star rating, I would as it was slow and stupid.
February 16, 2013
Suspenseful and paranoia ridden film. I enjoyed it. Nick Stahl played the part well.
½ February 10, 2013
Provides a good deal of suspense throughout, however "388 Arletta Avenue" is an overall cliched jumble of predictable horror movie fare coupled with the usual found footage shtick, it ends up feeling without purpose or creativity.
½ February 8, 2013
Creepy, weird, with creepy weird songs.
November 8, 2012
Good concept for a movie just way to predictable for an ending. This film could have been a lot better.
½ January 6, 2013
November 28, 2012
I m not shure what happened in this movie.Can someone help me out here.
November 20, 2012
damn good chiller. Its smart, though small cleches like home invasion,but the way he was in the house was new. almost likke he didnt want to be in if he didnt have to.just needed his work done and wanted to do it right. which would be mentally torture one while actually torturing the other. great movie.
November 3, 2012
Director is a fucking retard
½ October 2, 2012
a terrifying, nightmare-inducing, tale shot entirely thru a malevolent stalker's surveillance cams.
½ September 8, 2012
Pudo haber sido toda una revelación entre el gà (C)nero de cinema veritas pero 388 Arletta Avenue carece de la tensión y el suspenso característico de este tipo de películas, quedándose al final en puras promesas.
½ September 1, 2012
Paranormal Activity without the ghosts or any sort of real tension. Meh!
½ August 28, 2012
This is new but again no real surprises, less gripping and feels stale. Not much of a performance anyway.