• PG-13, 1 hr. 29 min.

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

3, 2, 1... Frankie Go Boom Reviews

Anthony L

April 2, 2014
If I were to read the script of Frankie Go Boom I probably wouldn't then go on to to watch it. I do wonder how it got made but then it's a good job I'm not a big movie producer because it's actually a pretty decent comedy. I have my niggles, the film is not perfect but I think the script is clever and they definitely got the right cast. Above all it feels like something new, odd though it might be, it is an original and I won't knock originality in the cinema as there just isn't enough of it going around. However, you may never look at Ron Perlman in the same way again, although he is quite brilliant in his cameo.
MANUGINO
MANUGINO

March 23, 2013
A comedy about two brothers, a girl with a broken heart, a sex tape, an angel and a pig...

Good weird funny movie! A true modern day sex comedy for ages 18 to 60 to appreciate over and over again. whether you have a brother like Bruce or not you can relate and identify with each and every character.Any open-minded film buff would appreciate the genuine clever humor this movie portrays. Frankie Go Boom takes a sibling "rivalry" to the next and quite frankly, insane level. This was a comedic adventure with a quirky romance that will have you waiting for what happens next.

Frank Bartlett has been tortured, embarrassed, and humiliated by his brother Bruce usually on film his entire life. Now that Bruce is finally off drugs and has turned his life around, things should be different. They are not.
themoviewaffler.com
themoviewaffler.com

December 28, 2012
As a child, Frankie (Hunnam) was constantly harassed by his older brother (O'Dowd) who caught everything on camera. Now, as grown-ups, things haven't changed. Following a one night stand with Caplan, Hunnam finds himself the subject of an internet video sensation, thanks to being secretly filmed by his brother.
It would appear to be time to call quits on the American indie comedy. We've seen a string of interchangeable films that rely far too heavily on "quirkiness" to get by. 'Frankie Go Boom' is just the latest to sit alongside 'Safety Not Guaranteed', 'Why Stop Now' and 'Jesus Henry Christ', to name but three cookie-cutter comedies we've suffered through in 2012.
Roberts' film is painfully unfunny, despite the talented ensemble. His idea of comedy is to have Perlman appear in drag. Seriously? Is this 1934? Comedy is the most difficult genre to pull off so why do so many inexperienced film-makers try their hand at it?
Christopher H

August 9, 2012
What keeps "Frankie Go Boom" from going completely into the gutter is the young, brilliant cast. Charlie Hunnam recalls his days on "Undeclared" with this straight-faced comedic role, making his bad ass persona on "Sons of Anarchy" impress that much more. Chris O'Dowd is the driving force of comedy, as the misfit brother pushing the raunchy plot all the way through. Lizzy Caplan proves she's well on her way to bigger and better things, no longer just playing the quirky, tomboy friend, but expanding into a viable and adorable love interest that you root for. I am not entirely sure why Ron Perlman would step into the role of the transvestite, but he definitely holds nothing back. In line with films like "Orange County" and to extremes like "Freddy Got Fingered", "Frankie Go Boom" and its spark may not live on like those previously mentioned films, but it was rather enjoyable from start to finish.
Hamee
August 6, 2013
If it were not for this amazing cast I would have given up on the movie before the halfway mark. The story is completely ridiculous and the familial relationships are dark and disgusting. The love story between Frankie and Lassie was the only part of the story that was worth watching so I am glad things were resolved for them.
September 23, 2012
I liked this. The guy's brother tortures him doing all kinds of horrible pranks and capturing it on film. He puts them on the internet and scars the guy for life. The brother apologizes and tries to make up for being such a shitty guy, goes to rehab, etc. But ends up taping the brother having sex with a famous, and crazy, movie star's daughter. They go on a crazy quest to destroy the tape. Really good stuff.
Wes Troop
November 6, 2013
While this low budget film could use more originality, Frankie Go Boom is still good for a laugh.
zafmonkey
August 27, 2013
Frankie Go Boom has its moments of screwball laughter, but the film has too much exaggeration in plot, tone, and acting. O'Dowd makes the film worthwhile, despite whatever the accent he is trying to use, but Hunnan seems way out of place in a comedy, lacking timing and charisma to carry the film.
DC Edmonds
August 11, 2013
"3, 2, 1 ... Frankie Go Boom" 10 Scale Rating: 6.0 (Decent) ...

The Good: Extremely entertaining at times. Quirky and off the wall, but in a good way. Not quite raunchy humor, but skirts the line just enough.

The Bad: More than a little all over the place. The frantic pace gets old about halfway through.
August 4, 2013
It's fun to watch. The script is not brilliant. It's actually shallow and the the comedy comes from the ridiculous situations and dialogues that arises which a bit of them is what you're expected of what is gonna happen ( e.g. a lot of times Frankie looks at his bro after his bro do or asks something stupid then ends up doing it anyway). Though the script was up and down the cast is actually great.
July 31, 2013
A fantastic movie focusing on addiction, family, and why we sometimes hate them both.
Devildave632
October 2, 2012
saw it...meh at best
bill s.
June 27, 2013
The supporting actors carry the movie....nice little popcorn movie night comedy.
June 26, 2013
should be catnip for "Sons of Anarchy" fans
June 20, 2013
it was so weird, but funny
February 8, 2013
Despite its occasional laugh-out-loud moments and impressive performance by Charlie Dunham, whom I got to see him for the first time (since I didn't get a chance to watch Sons of Anarchy), 3, 2, 1... Frankie Go Boom is quite an annoying little movie from beginning to end; everything about it just rub me the wrong way. One of those movies in which the bad outweighs the good.
annacemo
January 26, 2013
I thought some of the reviews were misleading. I found the film to be entertaining with some pretty funny parts. It's definitely worth a watch.
December 28, 2012