3 Ninjas - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

purely based on nostalgia
September 11, 2015
Stupid, and pointless!
May 21, 2015
Classic Childhood movie. nough said!
½ April 16, 2015
A terrible movie no child should suffer.
November 30, 2014
it is cool the lesson is to fallow your dream no matter what people say
November 13, 2014
This movie when i was a first kid i'm so loving this movie,
½ November 3, 2014
This movie really holds up!
½ February 11, 2010
Every nineties kid should fondly remember Rocky, Colt and Tum Tum. I consider 3 Ninjas to be a classic family film. (First viewing - Childhood)
December 2, 2009
It has been a long time but I remember these being ok family movies but nothing special
½ May 13, 2014
I hate this movie. it ruined my life
½ April 1, 2014
You know what? Fuck this movie.
½ February 4, 2014
Loved when I was a kid. Now it's just silly.
½ December 31, 2013
Not a perfect movies, but pretty close. I enjoyed this movie as a kid and now own all four of the movies on DVD. It's great getting to watch 3 Ninjas with my nieces and nephews and other young kids in my family. It stands the test of time as younger generations enjoy it just as much.
The characters of Rocky, Colt, and Tum Tum are fun and interesting. Grandpa is a goof ball as the boys say, but they respect him because he listens to them and respects them. The dad has an integral part in the story being an FBI agent and unlike most family movies, he's not useless as he actually saves everyone from Snyder in the very very end. The Mom character has the least development but one of the best line, "You think being a ninja is hard try being a mom." I know the line will be lost on most kids but not on adults.
My only gripe about this first installment in the franchise is 1. The poster using that stupid quote comparing the movie to Home Alone & Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles when obviously the mostly foreign Asian film makers probably more inspired by children films from China and Korea about groups of three martial arts brothers such as Kung Fu Kids.
and 2. That in the USA we got the G version (actually rated PG but seriously it's tame for a PG) while some countries in Europe got the uncut PG version which shows bad guys actually firing their guns, the boys loosing the basketball game and then beating up the bullies another day to get their bikes back, and a few other little bits here and there that where shaved off of some scenes, I want that uncut version too!

Final word, most people are under the false impression that this is a Disney movie, it isn't. It was created and filmed by a young start up company comprised of mostly Asian film makers from all over, some of their producers didn't even have any thing to do with movie making but education. The main man at the helm was the late great Simon Shin. Their intention was to make a movie that fused Asian culture in a family film that would be easily excisable to Western audiences, I think they could have leaned a little more on the Asian culture, but other wise they hit their mark quite well. So how did Touchstone a subsidiary of Disney get their hands all over the cover? I'm not sure exactly, perhaps Global Venture felt they needed help getting in movie theaters and a connection to an established brand like Touchstone/Disney would help.
December 26, 2013
One of the best family action films!
December 1, 2013
You can watch this movie over and over again!
November 1, 2013
A childhood classic in the same vein as the original TMNT.
September 1, 2013
A definite childhood memory.
July 5, 2013
I enjoyed it at age 10, but was not surprised to see how kiddy this looks today.