89% Guardians of the Galaxy Aug 01

3 Ninjas - High Noon on Mega Mountain Reviews

CloudStrife84
CloudStrife84

April 8, 2007
Where to begin? I only saw this movie because my little brother wanted to rent it when he was 10, and was really into the whole ninja thing (this was during the peak of the TMNT era). This movie has some of the worst acting, worst dialogue and editing I've ever seen. Only way to enjoy it is to see it as a parody, which it unfortunately isn't. Hulk Hogan should stick to wrestling or retire or something. Wanna know what a ninja is? Watch Batman Begins or some decent anime. This is just a big waste of time and the single worst movie I've ever seen.
AJ V

September 6, 2010
I only saw this movie because a younger sibling was watching it. I didn't want to see it really, and I regret watching it. I'm glad they've stopped making the 3 ninjas movies.
bug761
bug761

April 10, 2011
Yes. I bought the DVD and gave it a high rating. Don't hate me. The reason for the rating and the fact I bought it was because of Jim Varney. He does an excellent job as Lothar Zogg and is sexy to boot. Before we all start hating on Hulk Hogan, let's take a look at Loni Anderson who, by far, takes the 'Most Wooden Performance Award' of the century. She was not convincing at all as Medusa and if this is a kids' movie, why was she wearing that skanky outfit? She was much better on 'WKRP in Cinncinati'. Mr. Varney steals the show and I would've been happy to see him in every scene. He truly oustshines the entire cast, including the three ninjas themselves. I was actually rooting for Lothar to be successful in his mission. Tum Tum's yells started grating on my nerves after a while. Medusa's nephews, where do I start? How did they ever break into the theme park? All, but Lothar, didn't have the intelligence to do such a thing. Ok, Victor Wong was great, too. Maybe if Varney had cast and directed this movie, it wouldn't have flopped. Only Varney seemed to give 100% to his role. The rest? Well, I would've been satisfied if it was a one man show staring Varney. Oh, wait, I have his commercials. Now, that's worth watching repeatedly. If you're really, truly a fan of Varney's then you might want to get this simply for him and in his memory. If not, leave it in the bin.
Jason O

August 15, 2009
The 3 Ninjas have lost all their magic by now, and the new actors don't help
Drew S

January 22, 2007
I watched this. Please don't judge me.
firstamb
July 21, 2008
The little ninja boys are getting too old, but in this one they must team up with Hulk Hogan to stop an evil mastermind who has taken over a theme park. Yawn.
August 25, 2007
I think I know why the package was so hard to open. It must have been sealed tight purposely, because when I opened it, it was like releasing an evil spirit from an ancient tomb. Some of this movie is just SO stupid it's funny, but I can't believe that this thing keeps dragging on, and it wears thin. Writing a review on this is like analyzing a pile of manure as an art piece, but atleast it had Hulk Hogan and Jim Varney. It's too bad they didn't have a fight scene between the two. It gets an extra half because they are in it, although not as much as they should have been. Bottom line, this gets to be excrutiatingly obnoxious by the end.
January 23, 2008
When the normal kid actor's names are replaced by "Hulk Hogan", something is terribly, terribly wrong. (Still, it's funny if you can laugh at the terribleness of it.)
LaggiexArexThexy
April 2, 2007
i loved this movie! it was the first one i watched when i moved to new zealand! wow, great memories.
rjorules
April 2, 2007
the new actors for the kids suck except the older one, hes ok but still not as good as the old actors..hogans cool
March 27, 2007
Not good at all, i was a fan of the three ninjas movies, but they killed them after the 2nd one and they started changing the original main characters...
Crgalarneau
August 25, 2006
It has Hulk Hogan, these got cheesier as they went on, but what can I say I am a sucker for a martial arts flick
tagsimon1989
May 6, 2006
Ok kiddie action flick? Stick it... Ok maybe it is for kids but I liked it then and I like it now. Old people shouldn't be allowed to rate movies they have no life in them to appreciate anything but gore and sex.

This is a sweet movie and yeah the kids will love it but it is a family film. Go Get it!
tso05001
I like the way they played this one out, It's very interesting to see little kids being ninjas, at least they can and I can't!
johnedmonds07
May 31, 2006
Actually, I don't think I've seen this, but look how awesome those kids look! But it stars Hulk Hogan, so it must be crap.
mysticgem
April 21, 2006
Being a three ninjas fan I have to give this movie its props. It wasn't as good as the original, but I'd still buy it on dvd.

One thing though, if you've watched the original you might have a little trouble adjusting to the new actors that play the kids. "Gosh Michael! You've gotten younger and your hair turned blonde! OMG are you one of those pod people I keep hearing about?"
poeticangel26
March 21, 2006
very first movie I paid attention too as a child and now my children love it.....david bowie, the best!
December 2, 2009
It has been a long time but I remember these being ok family movies but nothing special
Dave J
April 7, 2014
Monday, April 7, 2014

(1998) 3 Ninjas: High Noon On Mega Mountain
FAMILY ACTION COMEDY

Fourth "3 Ninjas" movie is a complete waste of time, during the time when much superior martial art movies with Jackie Chan, Donnie Yen and Jet Lee were restricted 'only' to be shown on Chinatown theatres throughout North America. Anyways, three very white Caucasian kids practising martial arts with their Japanese grandfather, coincidently thwarting a gang of hijackers lead by Medusa(Loni Anderson from WKRP fame) for millions of dollars from the owners of the "Mega Mountain" theme park. It's the youngest brother of the '3 ninjas' birthday, and he wanted to celebrate it at the Mega Mountain them park. At the same time, Dave "Dragon", ridiculously played by Hulk Hogan, is trying to prevent himself from being cancelled from his long running syndicated television show- also filmed on the 'Mega Mountain' theme park.

The perfect movie intended for pre-schoolers, and a complete waste of time for anyone 8 years and up, considering what kids can watch these days from super hero movies and so forth. It says on the commercial box that 'it's fun for kids' quotation from well known critic from RT by the name of Rex Reed, who may have been paid to endorse this movie. One of the stupidest things I had ever saw was when, the so-called "three ninjas" are supposed to be fighting the bad adult ninjas in the dark, yet viewers can clearly see that it's still bright enough for them to see their fighting opponents. Movie, clearly made for white suburban white kids.

Bomb, plus another minus 5
April 21, 2013
I'm looking for you (colt, tum tum and rocky ) Is there a facebook address??