43% Sin City: A Dame to Kill For Aug 22

—— Jonah From Tonga: Season 1
86% The Knick: Season 1

4 (Chetyre) Reviews

November 1, 2012
Difficult, desolate and miserable; full of endless scenes and inaccessible dialogue mixed with the horrific, cadaverous imagery of wasted Russian cities and filthy, wretched peasant life. Unbearable (and brilliant).
November 1, 2012
One of the worst movies I've ever seen. Ending is terrible and trying to GET to that ending is torturous.
scrivthehairybassist
curious. culture innit.
Michael9636
November 1, 2012
Very controversial movie. I saw this film at a film festival. People either hated it or thought it was the best thing they had seen. The undercurrent of the movie is potential human cloning gone bad.
chase _

November 1, 2012
dark and disturbing. a lot of great visuals and some pretty fucking weird scenes.
cheesyradioheadfan
November 1, 2012
this has to be one of the strangest films ever made. its harrowing, at times quietly amusing, disgusting and occasionaly almost unwatchable. but ultimately, its one of those films that will probably linger on inside your head for a while after viewing. although the storyline may seem to make exetremely little sense, this perhaps isnt the purpose of the film, and i think there is a lot of underlying ideas going on in the film. the russian tourist board must despise it, cos it makes it look like hell on earth quite a considerable amount of the time. undeniably original.
November 1, 2012
An ambigious film, blurring the line between truth and fiction. The style of filmmaking also seems divided: precise, textbook direction in the first half, and a natural, documentary-like style in the second. The outcome is a subjective dream or nightmare depending on one's tolerance of disturbing imagery.
brianpark08
November 1, 2012
Waste of TIME!! Very Weak movie, DO NOT WATCH, if you do end up watching it, side effects may include: Suicide, murder ramapages, road ramapage, any kinds of ways of harming yourself, and many others...
November 1, 2012
I thought that I didn't like it, but I haven't stopped thinking about it. There's little plot, but almost every scene is an unforgettable visual story. The scene with the dogs on the street, the scene with the pig, the people eating on the train. I'll be thinking about it for a long time.
November 1, 2012
If I could rate this ????? I would! odd indeed.
March 23, 2011
-Russian Satire Alert...Now i know why this was banned!!!
-well, it's now been 3 weeks since i watched something this fucked up,so i guess it was time, and ofcourse i loved every minute of it~!!
366weirdmovies
366weirdmovies

October 14, 2010
Three Moscow strangers meet at a bar, then we follow what happens to each of them after they leave (in theory, as the story of the prostitute returning to her drunken country village for a funeral takes up far more time than the others). Well shot, well acted, excellent sound design, but this one really shows off the worst flaws of self-conscious art films: it's pretentious, frustratingly obscure, unfocused, and most of all, boring.
Marina-me
February 14, 2008
Knowing this creation started of knowing the creator, which gave an announcement you will find something naked there. And you will, dried suppy lush russian village striptease is granted to you. Not meaning just tits though.
Quite young thing, make an impression it wasn't scripted or directed at all, but was made as it's going on, as a stream of consciousness withought any idea what they will find after finishing it.
zach.seely
May 30, 2007
This movie is no doubt ambitious and at times mesmerizing. But mostly it is puzzling, difficult, and grotesque. The movie is a cesspool like the Russia it portrays.

The nubmer 4 seems to have some great meaning for this movie. It is seen in many places and even talked about. But from what I can tell it goes nowhere. It is a cul-de-sac. It leads you in, and you end up exiting where you entered. This may be on purpose, of course.

This film, however, was too much like David Lynch and less like Tarkovsky.
sexyaleksey
July 19, 2006
Reminded me of Gummo,

But it's more visualy disterbing as to what life realy is, what separates us from loonies, and what is a loonie, what is life? Who's right who's wrong? What is a life style? Do people who lead this delisuonal life style hate it? Do the realize it?

Check for yourself this movie is shot in the most breath taking locations, and i'm not talking about beautiful landscapes either.
Harlequin68
Harlequin68

April 16, 2006
[font=Century Gothic]"4" takes place in Moscow where a meat seller, Oleg(Yuri Laguta), a prostitute, Marina(Marina Vouchenko), and a piano-tuner, Vladmir(Sergey Shnurov), all walk into a bar around 3 am. They all lie about their varied professions - Oleg claims to supply drinking water to the government; Marina claims to be in charge of advertising for a mysterious Japanese product and Vladimir claims to be a scientist for a cloning project that goes back at least fifty years. Eventually, after a few drinks, they all part company and go to their respective destinies...[/font]

[font=Century Gothic]"4" is a strange, haunting movie about identity - about who we are, what we could become and what we wish we were. On a larger scale, it is also concerned with national identity. The movie is very talky in spots but it is fascinating, nonetheless. It does go on a bit too long, though.[/font]
WiseKwai
October 21, 2005
Dammit. I wrote this freaking review about this freaky Russian movie where everything happens in fours. And then it got lost somehow.

So, yeah. Everything happens in fours. Four dogs. Four dolls. Four giant jackhammers. Four snowplows. Four butt cheeks. Four breasts.
Four people in a bar, talking bullshit.

Then it gets weird. Four sisters, quadruplets. One is dead. She was a dollmaker. There are a bunch of old ladies in babushkas. All with toothless grins and photogenically wrinkled faces. They get drunk and sing and expose their breasts. This goes on for too long and becomes disturbing.