• PG-13, 1 hr. 35 min.
    In Theaters:
    Jul 17, 2009 Wide
    On DVD:
    Dec 22, 2009
  • Fox Searchlight Pictures

Critic Review - CNNRadio

Gimmicky love story that's not saved by its bittersweet ending. Acting is more than just cooing with your eyes. It seemed like 500 days allright. Paul Chambers, CNN.

February 10, 2010 Full Review Source: CNNRadio | Comments (21)
CNNRadio

Comments

ScytheofAzrael

Omar Siddiqui

Oh, grow up. There was excellent acting in this film, and the gimmicks are what made it great. Are you kidding me? The ending made it.

Go watch Dear John or something.

Feb 11 - 08:55 PM

Eric M. Robbins

Eric Robbins

Learn how to spell "alright" douchebag.

Feb 14 - 08:16 PM

Adam H.

Adam Hearsey

I have to ask, how does it feel to be in the minority of critics who didn't like this film Paul? Do you think to yourself, hmmm, maybe I got this one wrong? Or maybe I should give up my day job! Adz

Feb 17 - 09:17 PM

CATTLE PROD

K C

I have to ask, how does it feel to be in the MAJORITY of SHEEP who likeD this film ADAM? Do you think to yourself, ****, maybe I got this one wrong? Or maybe I should GET A NIGHT job!

Feb 18 - 11:01 PM

Tyler D.

Tyler Durden

Does it make you a sheep to like a movie simply because its well written and brilliant despite the fact that the vast majority of intelligent movie critics agree as well? Or does it make you a fucking poser for trying to be the child of the inbred indie rock nation that's currently sweeping the underground you FAG SHEEP. Nice profile picture too, keep up with the goth act and you could probably snag Edward Cullen like you always dreamed.

Jul 22 - 11:57 PM

Adam H.

Adam Hearsey

Feb 17 - 09:22 PM

CATTLE PROD

K C

Feb 18 - 11:00 PM

Japes

Japes .

A night job? What the hell are you talking about? Obviously, this movie is a good movie considering it has over 100 positive reviews and only 25 rotten. I personally despise chick flicks of any kind, but I found myself enjoying this movie.

P.S. Learn when to capitalize and when to not. Do you need to go back to Kindergarten?

Sep 15 - 05:19 AM

Ken

Kenneth W.

It's the sheep, maaaaan! The sheep! Conformists, maaaaan! I gots to go to Hot Topic!

Dec 2 - 09:08 AM

Federica C.

Federica Cuddle

get a real job, this movie is great. It's to easy to criticise a movie, anyone can do it. Douche.

Apr 8 - 01:47 PM

Ken F.

Ken Farris

Maybe you're the "gimmicky" one.

Jul 19 - 03:51 PM

Najee N.

Najee Najee

Fuck you dickhead,you don't know what love is

Jul 13 - 02:16 AM

Jenna Sullivan

Jenna Sullivan

All of these comments have made me very happy...thank you Tyler D. for making my day.

Aug 18 - 11:28 PM

Sherief Shiha

Sherief Shiha

It is not a love story

Aug 19 - 09:42 AM

Emerald1234S

Stephen Murphy

WHAT ARE YOU DOING PAUL CHAMBERS, CNN???? YOU'RE RUINING THE WORLD WITH YOUR NOT LIKING THIS MOVIE!!!!!! Ahh, i'm so special

Aug 27 - 04:47 PM

Christie Meller

Christie Meller

Finally, someone not drinking the Zooey kool-aid. it's like the eyes just make people go all stupid in the head.

Oct 23 - 09:36 PM

Andy Pugmire

Andy Pugmire

Many of you are calling him an asshole/douchebag/jerk because he doesn't share YOUR opinions on the film, but what does that make YOU? He knows his opinion is an opinion and not a fact. However, several of you seem to think YOUR opinions ARE fact, and are very quick to judge and defend your "fact" in a pretty aggressive manner. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is what's called hypocrisy.

Since I know someone will bring it up, I'll just mention it first -- I'm not defending his review nor agreeing with it, just critiquing the comment trends on this site from those who are (often angrily) in disagreement.

Feb 1 - 02:22 PM

Lucy Morrison

Lucy Morrison

Agreed, wasted 1hr and 35mins of my life

Feb 10 - 01:31 AM

Jay Feng

Jay Feng

This is an example of why CNN is full of shit.

Mar 5 - 04:15 PM

Carolina V.

Carolina Villanueva

CNN.. of course. -__-

Jun 13 - 06:49 PM

Thomas Sutherland

Thomas Sutherland

Love all the hipsters hating on this guy. This movie was below par at best.

All i could think about is how insane the male character is. He is legit stalker-crazy. I guess some girls would think he's sweet or something but in real life he'd be such a whiny fuckin loser... and his guy friends just put up with it in the movie. So cheesy... lol

such a waste of time.