50 First Dates - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

50 First Dates Reviews

½ August 10, 2007
So freakin' likable. A bumbling bachelor falls in love with a woman with short-term memory loss, so he must remind her of their relationship every day. The reveals of Lucy's dad and brother painstakingly recreating the day of her accident and Lucy painting Henry's face from her dreams despite not remembering him are quite touching.
August 22, 2008
A comedy with an interesting plot but predictable laughter that still catches you no matter how many times you view the film. Sandler and Barrymore's second on-screen duo builds their chemistry even bigger and higher than ever. 4/5
FiLmCrAzY
May 12, 2007
Its an entertaining and sweet movie, but it isnt the best at trying to capture the real intensity of emotions that could have been portrayed across to the audience an okay movie which is vaguely amusing.
½ December 26, 2006
Nice story
Chiefilms
½ February 29, 2008
Fun movie but riddled with cheese, it's not great but it isn't as unbearable as some of Sandler's 21st century comedies.
½ July 30, 2008
For a romantic comedy, it certainly does its job and is not as bad as some of Sandler's other films.
thmtsang
May 26, 2007
Funny rom com. Henry (Adam) works in an aquarium and lies to get off with women. Henry meets Lucy in a cafe but she has short term memory loss so she can't remember who he is after they meet. Henry tries to make Lucy fall for him everyday. Adam and Drew are brilliant. Great on screen couple. I love the song 'Forgetful Lucy'. Beautiful scenery in Hawaii.
3niR
½ June 19, 2011
I laughed real loud when Drew beat the sh!t out of Rob. That was simply hilarious! This movie was nice. Although the idea is a bit weird but it's passable.
April 5, 2007
Unlike Click, this film managed to mix the traditional Adam Sandler shtick with a rather sweet and touching love story. Sandler and Barrymore certainly have the kind of chemistry required for their romance to blossom. This film takes a really wild idea of a man falling for a girl who happens to suffer from short term memory loss. It's a fictional kind of memory loss, where her brain resets every night. It's a bit like Groundhog Day and Memento with your usual wacky Sandlerness. In some respects he does play it slightly different, as he is quite understanding here and resists the urge to become the angry version of himself. As it gets towards the end I was astonished that it didn't bitch out with a quick fix to the problem. So many Hollywood endings have that love conquers all, happy ending, but this went with a bittersweet ending. Along the way we have the usual grotesque but likable characters, such as Schneider's Ula and Strus' Alexa. Each of these add enough humor, but it's Astin who steals the show, as a workout obsessed protective brother with a lisp. Certainly worth your while.
February 17, 2006
I didn't really expect much when I started this film, especially since I'm not a fan of either of the two leads however I was gladly surprised. There were many laugh out loud moments which brightened what could have been a depressing film. The performances were ok and the continuity wasn't as good as it could have been but I'm really glad they didn't go down the cheesy Hollywood film route and have Lucy suddenly 'cured'. Impressive.
murphmann93
July 6, 2008
Adam Sandler never fails to impress. Nothing short of hysterical. Must watch!
½ June 20, 2011
A moving, sentimental, funny and entertaining movie, that brings a criative story, but the script commit some flaw and the humor stay very exaggerated. Rotten.
CloudStrife84
April 8, 2007
Fun plot idea, about a guy with a fear of committance, who falls in love with a girl has no short-term memory. Most of the jokes fell flat for me, due to their lame and corny nature, but what makes the film worthwhile is the big heart found in its centre. There are some very touching sentiments that lifts it and holds it together. Scenery-wise, it's also incredibly beautiful - with some gorgeous shots from various locations in Hawaii. Drew Barrymore is her usual cute and lovable self, and Rob Schneider, well he does pretty much the same thing he does in every other Sandler film. A few semi-amusing jokes thrown in every once in a while, but that's about as far as his contribution goes. Great chemistry between Adam and Drew though, which raised the overall quality significantally. A dependable pick to watch on a date or with a special someone in your life.
DreamExtractor
February 13, 2011
I enjoy this movie actually. Its story keeps me interested but I hate how they try to get sad with Adam Sandler in a movie, you dont make a sad Adam Sandler movie. It had some good comedic moments. It was a fun movie but its not good enough to make me love it. But this is the worlds only romantic comedy I can watch.
½ August 9, 2010
Except for some offshoot comedy from Rob-Schneider, this turned out to be a rather enjoyable rom-com.
movieguru12
December 8, 2007
Such a sweet & adorable romantic comedy. I'm starting to really like Adam Sandler in movies after watching Grown Ups, Billy Madison & Just Go With It. Drew Barrymore has never failed to wow me in movies & always is fantastic. A great film that is filled with adorable romance & absolute pure hilarity :) Definitely can watch this movie over and over :)
October 25, 2010
Funny and all, recommended if you want non heavy movie who can make you laugh, over and over again.
½ June 24, 2010
B
TheGame90
December 20, 2007
Simply Amazing
½ March 27, 2007
A fun easy going, enjoyable Rom-com. The location set in Hawaii and one of it's Aquariums look great with some good animal tricks performed. Original idea for the story as well. A little predictable but it makes for a fun laid back watch. Cool music as well.