5150, Rue des Ormes Reviews

½ September 28, 2014
A truly superb psychological thriller!
½ December 21, 2011
A Pitiful joke of a film, "5150 Rue des Ormes" offers absolutely nothing with characters that consistently contradict their development and a plot that is so disjointed and without any truly obvious purpose.

It attempts to disturb the viewer, however with any halfway decent explanations for the events transpiring onscreen, the only truly disturbing thing about the film is if the viewer is actually able to sit through the entire thing at all.
½ August 16, 2012
A French language psycho-thriller from Canada that's exceptionally well executed with a seemingly simple plot centers around an accidental captivity of an young film student in a residence of a righteous psychopath & fanatic chess player. With some great characterization & a good cast, the film comes with a good production value, not so much gore except if you count a room of bleeding wall & its floor flooded with blood! The entertainment more lies on the growing psychological tensions between & within the characters & the slowly changing course of events.
½ June 22, 2012
A brilliantly acted and original horror film that is different from what we normally get.
April 10, 2012
Not bad, it was a good dark thriller. But I would have find it way better if I had not read the book in first place, because all I could think of was all the differences between it and the movie. What upset me the most, is that, in the book, Yannick is really less.. arrogant and looking for trouble than in the movie, and his relation with Jacques Beaulieu is a lot more complex and intriguing and it evolves more, it the movie, it's not what's the most the most important. And I truly was upset they removed the kind of epilogue, with what Michelle does... But the actors were good, because I have to admit, I expected much worse from some of them.
March 23, 2012
The book was so much better. It seems like an easy thing to say, but it still is true. What upset me the most is that in the book, Yannick really enters this mess by total accident. In the movie, he walked himself in the house, and kind of searched for trouble. It kind of pissed me off. Normand D'Amour was incredible.
½ December 20, 2011
Pretty nice and dark movie. 3,5/5
½ September 26, 2010
The worst film i ever.
August 27, 2010
this movie was the most distubing flim ive ever saw. a must see for horror fans( and the fact thats its less known is great too)
½ August 16, 2010
A truly scary horror movie. The movie was in French so I had subtitles. What makes this scary is how the two main characters plays chess with Dead bodies. A guy shoots a child with a shotgun!!!! Really scary, even the main character who is laying chess with himself and beliving some one is playing chess with him. Freaky!!!