6 Month Rule (2011)
Average Rating: 3.3/10
Reviews Counted: 9
Fresh: 2 | Rotten: 7
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: 1.7/10
Critic Reviews: 5
Fresh: 1 | Rotten: 4
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: 3.2/5
User Ratings: 1,204
6 Month Rule revolves around a bachelor who follows a set of rules in order to avoid emotional attachment, the most important being: there is no woman so perfect that you can't get over her in six months. Knowing that he will get over her allows him to dismiss relationships easily and without regret. Until he meets a girl who changes everything. -- (C) Official Site
Jun 1, 2012 Limited
May 28, 2013
Abramorama - Official Site
Watch It Now
Patrick J. Adams
John Michael Higgins
Sara Jane Morris
Bryan T. Donovan
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
Weaver's last ditch attempt to upend rom-com convention and rewrite the movie as a skeevy lout's comeuppance hardly makes up for the clichéd slog that comes before.
Imagine Tucker Max minus the charm and you've got . . . well, Tucker Max, but also Blayne Weaver, the star-writer-director of the indie rom-com "6 Month Rule."
An ostensible romantic comedy that's really just a grating portrait of an irredeemable jerk.
As with the latest Kate Hudson comedy, it's a formula for irrelevancy pretty much as a rule.
If the plotting and payoffs of this love triangle are a bit problematic and less satisfying than one wished, there are also pleasant inversions to be found in the film's finale, reminding viewers that every down is a prelude to an up, and vice versa.
There are some scattered amusing moments among the supporting characters, but the protagonist is consistently smug and pretentious.
Audience Reviews for 6 Month Rule
There are no featured audience reviews yet. Click the link below to see what others say about 6 Month Rule!
- Tyler: I want to give up a part of myself to have you.
- Tyler: I have become the kind of man that I mock.
- Alan: You can either be with a zero or be with a hero.
- Sophie: You put up all these walls so that people can't know you, then you hate them for not being able to see through those walls.
- Tyler: There is no woman in the world so perfect that you cannot get over her in six months, tops.
- Tyler: Girls come and go. That's just how it works. Friendship, that's the only lasting thing.
Discuss 6 Month Rule on our Movie forum!