6 Month Rule Reviews

September 2, 2013
What a terribly sad ending for poor Tyler. I am only happy that he got his friend back and learned a valuable life lesson.
April 2, 2014
a love it or hate it flick. .depends if you're a dreamer. .i loved it . .fave of yr
½ September 2, 2013
Not as bad as the tomatometer. Some of the acting is a little anoying, but who's not a sucker for a little romantic comedy once in a while. I enjoyed it.
½ January 23, 2013
Sooner or later we all get hurt
½ July 17, 2013
Although kind of guy oriented romcom is not usually the sort of thing I like, This one was different. The script was bright and witty and the acting excellent. And in a genre that usually doesn't have much in character development, the main character in this film really grew emotionally right before our eyes, a rare development. Really watchable.
April 28, 2012
It's a cool rom com with a twist....sort of a chick flick for guys.
August 8, 2012
I rented it last night on iTunes and enjoyed it. For an indie it felt like a much larger, higher budget film. While it didn't stray too far into new waters it didn't have the stereotypical ending which I enjoyed. Natalie Morales was awesome and Blayne Weaver can act as his ass off. I actually felt the acting was the strongest part of the film. I'd recommend it. It's not going to overwhelm you but it's well worth the rental.
July 27, 2012
When it comes to romantic comedies, I feel I see the same film over and over again, but with different actors. The story usually ends up the same in every circumstance. While, I know that‚(TM)s the point for a romantic comedy, I always yearn for something different. Something that is not afraid to stray from the typical plot. With Blayne Weaver‚(TM)s ‚~The 6 Month Rule‚(TM), it was a breath of fresh air to see the romantic comedy genre get turned on its ear and change the game.

Blayne Weaver is a jack-of-all-trades so to speak. He acts, writes, produces, directs, and even lends his voice to Peter Pan for Disney. His latest film ‚~The 6 Month Rule‚(TM) tasks him to write, direct, and star. According to Weaver, it‚(TM)s the best job in the world. ‚(TM)The 6 Month Rule‚(TM) follows Tyler (Blayne Weaver), a semi-successful photographer who has a swamped love life with many girls. He lives his life with a certain set of rules when it comes to the dating world. And 10 times out of 10, those rules really don‚(TM)t pay out in the long run. You could say Tyler is a womanizing jerk that his very high standards. One of his rules is the title of the film. He can guarantee that any woman on the planet can be forgotten in six months.

Tyler is joined by his best friend Alan (Martin Starr) who has just broken up with his long-time girlfriend Claire (Jaime Pressly). Alan is completely devastated (as we all would) by the sudden break-up. Tyler starts to coach Alan in his dating system, until he meets Sophie (Natalie Morales). Sophie almost immediately sees right through Tyler and his devious ways and always has the upper hand with him, something Tyler is not used to. Tyler abandons his set of rules to try and win over Sophie. Much to our surprise, Tyler‚(TM)s efforts are more difficult, because Sophie has an indie rock star boyfriend.

From here on out, we follow Tyler on his personal and emotional journey to find himself. What I like most about this movie, besides the great cast including John Michael Higgins and Dave Foley, is that the film completely surprised me with its non-conformist story line. It really takes some twists and turns that a normal romantic comedy would not have taken. I love watching a film that isn‚(TM)t afraid to do something different, and that is what ‚~The 6 Month Rule‚(TM) did well.

I felt some of the pacing of the film was a bit off from time to time, and I would have loved to see a more likable character in Tyler, but ultimately, that‚(TM)s also what I loved about the film. It went in a different direction. The ‚~6 Month Rule‚(TM) is much like the film ‚~Swingers‚(TM), but for a new generation. It‚(TM)s romantic comedy plot line strayed from the rest and showed me something a little different than I‚(TM)m used to. And I welcome that. If you are looking for a good romantic comedy that takes you on an original journey, then you might find something remarkable and great in ‚~The 6 Month Rule‚(TM).

-Bryan Kluger
June 18, 2012
Not sure why this is showing a 100% for "audience liked it" on RT with just over 1000 user ratings, when there are only 2 positive audience reviews. Methinks someone is artificially inflating the numbers. Sounds like the standard romance plotline, and given the critics reviews, I'm not going to bother to see this one.
May 11, 2012
I was fortunate enough to watch 6 Month Rule at the Omaha Film Festival and loved it. Well thought out script and cast perfectly. Can't wait to see it again.
May 8, 2012
Pretty farcical if you ask me. Here's the deal. Guys that have rules when it comes to dating, don't get laid.