20% The Identical Sep 05

—— Sullivan & Son: Season 3

6 Souls Reviews

Cynthia S

September 13, 2010
Pretty creepy. Johathan really makes this movie....he is a darn good actor in my book. The story has holes, and some unanswered questions. But, I am givings it "props" for the supernatural effects. They were quite outstanding!
LWOODS04
LWOODS04

July 10, 2010
The film really surprised me. Not only did this movie creep me out, but it had my complete attention the whole way through. I made the mistake of watching this film alone in complete darkness. The film gave me goosebumps. I haven't really seen a good creepy thriller in quite some time. I can't really go into the movie too much without giving things away. But I will say it is one to watch. The acting is great, especially from Jonathan Rhys Meyers. He became all these people and made the character even more believable. I was all ready for it to give me an "its all OK ending", but lets just say it was even better. Great thriller that will really put the fear of not believing in God into you.
Lady D

October 16, 2010
Predicted rating: 3.5

Started well and ended well, but it lost a little interest in the middle, despite good performances from both Julianne Moore and Jonathan Rhys Meyers.

The Multiple Personality/Psychological input was much more intriging than the possession route it took.
familiar s

December 13, 2010
If you can give your logic a rest for a while, you're most certainly bound to enjoy this movie. There are just a few plot-holes than what we get to see in an average movie. I found the movie thoroughly interesting; it succeeded in keeping me on the edge of my seat (just a figure of speech, I don't mean it literally) from the beginning credits to the ending.

While Julianne Moore plays the role of Cara incredibly, the actor playing Adam/ David/Wesley's character isn't too convincing and the actor playing Cara's father's role also seemed a bit too lame. The rest of the cast delivers relatively good performances.

I'd certainly recommend this movie because it's way better than what we get to see in the movies of this genre these days around.
mvieaddict
mvieaddict

February 23, 2011
Shelter started more like a psychological thriller and ends up as a supernatural Voodoo movie, showing ideas and themes of other horror and psychological movies. For example, the beginning was similar as Silence of the Lambs, looking for clues, then it turned to Primal Fear, focusing on a character who was trying to help a man with multiple personality. The final part turned into The Ring, where they try to discover the mysteries of a supernatural force in order to save a child. The direction from the Swedish duo Mans Marlind and Bjorn Stein appeared amateur, there were many plot holes and the pace was damn slow,which damaged the whole theory behind the story. All the suspense went out and the movie crashed into the world of evil and God and witch doctors and let's just say pure crap.
bamadeb77
bamadeb77

August 8, 2010
Pretty good movie, kept my interest from start to finish
John2223
John2223

July 31, 2010
"Shelter" is an engaging psychological supernatural thriller that will make you hold your breath more than once. Despite a couple of plot holes and some questionable decisions by the characters, I did leave the film feeling pleased and positive about the whole experience.
DrLappos
DrLappos

August 19, 2010
Julianne Moore and Jonathoin Meyers were cracking as psychologist and (split personality) nutter respectively. You get used to films where the ending always makes it all right. This film is a little different. Watch it and see, its great.
July 4, 2014
This movie gets off to a really slow start, but once it starts going somewhere it's actually quite unnerving. I passed over it for a long time because I figured it wasn't worth sitting through, but I was pleasantly surprised. If you're a fan of B horror, you will probably enjoy this.
Hamee
November 5, 2013
This was a rather exciting thriller. There were a few scary moments, but overall a well paced story that built to a wonderful conclusion.
August 19, 2013
This Was A Decent Horror/Suspense Movie. Jonathan Rhys Meyers Does Prove He Can Be Super Creepy And Hot At The Same Time.
July 4, 2013
6 Souls (aka Shelter) blends thriller and horror genres together into a mix that is pretty entertaining but still pretty hackneyed. The movie starts off as a psychological mystery in which we get the rather tired cliche of discussing whether dissociative identity disorder is real or not. As this plot unfolds, the film begins to divert into a supernatural thriller complete with possession, backwoods wtiches, etc. There is nothing you haven't seen before, but it is still pretty entertaining nonetheless.
HeyMissLoving
October 4, 2010
It was interesting, enough to keep me watching and wondering. I was so happy it wasn't a cliche...my only mild complaint was the obvious religious propaganda. However, it can be argued that a lot of people fear what would happen if we did not believe in a religion...so, it was kind of smart on the part of the film makers to poke at this common fear.
August 24, 2014
Horrible movie. I expected much more because the trailer looked awesome. Starts off great but you quickly lose interest. The movie tries to be complex and deep but fails miserably.
July 31, 2014
So the concept was interesting. Surprise, surprise, the psychology major wanted to watch a movie about a guy with multiple personalities. But the agnostic wasn't so enthused.
June 18, 2014
A creepy film that could have some good potential but it didn't really reach its full potential in the end
May 25, 2014
shotty direction leaves this one with a "eh" feeling in your mouth while struggling to find a reason to still be casting Meyers in anything.
April 13, 2014
It has its own weaknesses but not a bad concept.
March 5, 2014
I had good expectations for this movie but they slowly dissapeared as the movie had a good start, but then it became convoluted and uninteresting, with a strange pace and this feeling that the wirtters began having creativity problems as the ending aproached. Eventually, I was bored and began thinking about watching something else.
March 1, 2014
This could've been so good. Allthe elements were there. Really good acting all around. I think the critics panned it because where the elements should coalese ....they don't..almost isn't enough. I did like the moral of the story. I think the critics were too harsh..they have to make these to get to the next The Others..so close, dang