6 Souls - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

6 Souls Reviews

½ March 5, 2014
I had good expectations for this movie but they slowly dissapeared as the movie had a good start, but then it became convoluted and uninteresting, with a strange pace and this feeling that the wirtters began having creativity problems as the ending aproached. Eventually, I was bored and began thinking about watching something else.
March 1, 2014
This could've been so good. Allthe elements were there. Really good acting all around. I think the critics panned it because where the elements should coalese ....they don't..almost isn't enough. I did like the moral of the story. I think the critics were too harsh..they have to make these to get to the next The Others..so close, dang
February 22, 2014
awsm piece... worth a shot....
January 3, 2014
Starts out strong but just absolutely ridiculous by the end. It's not a complete waste of time, but I was expecting something a little classier from these 2 actors.
½ June 30, 2012
I thought this movie's name is Shelter, but then found out the US (English) title is called 6 Souls.
The movie was good and intriguing. It had a few jumpy moments, which I liked. The plot development was interesting but it got confusing towards the end. The writers and the director didn't explain clearly why "Adam" behaves like he does and what his purpose is on earth. His reverend past was quite confusing too and should have been explored more. Those are the only things that annoyed me about this movie.
The cast was good and Julianne Moore acted well as in all of the movies I've seen of her. Jonathan Rhys Meyers performed well too with the different accents and characters.
October 13, 2013
The possessed guy really kept this film together. Another actor may have made it much worse.
December 18, 2013
I don't get the end. Shame though the movie had potential.
November 30, 2013
Really good movie, kept our interest. New story line not anything you see coming. Effects were great, no over done gore fest. I wish there were more movies like this.
½ September 13, 2010
Pretty creepy. Johathan really makes this movie....he is a darn good actor in my book. The story has holes, and some unanswered questions. But, I am givings it "props" for the supernatural effects. They were quite outstanding!
½ November 25, 2013
had potential, but too much religious/voodoo stuff
½ November 22, 2013
This starts off fairly slow and it graduates to something ridiculous by the very end. Movies like this is why people can't take religion seriously. Not sure if Julianne Moore lost a bet to be involved in this, but it is not one of her best films. Mostly boring and predictable.
November 18, 2013
In Australia this is known as "Shelter"
November 5, 2013
This was a rather exciting thriller. There were a few scary moments, but overall a well paced story that built to a wonderful conclusion.
½ November 2, 2013
It starts out as a sensible psychological thriller that turns into an absurd horror movie. It was very difficult to follow and I still don't really get it. Julianne Moore has been fantastic before but this movie was not the case.
October 27, 2013
What a boring movie, I still don't understand how Julianne Moore signed up for this. Lots of cliche and nonsense.
October 26, 2013
In the beginning it was ok but from then on it sucked big time & in aus they call it shelter not 6 souls!
½ October 24, 2013
A supernatural thriller that accomplishes some creepy moments but gets stuck in a bad climax. 6 souls may carry good performances but the other pieces, fail.
March 15, 2013
The best part of this movie was the acting. Especially with Jonathan Rhys Meyers because I thought he was amazing in this movie. The story itself was interesting, but I think it became a little too complicated. It started off one way and then changed to something else that wasn't necessarily better.
January 5, 2011
It has been a very long time since I saw such a thriller. Supernatural and super spooky, especially when watched home alone in the dark, but... thrilling. Julianne Moore and Jonathan Rhys Meyers are superb. geesh. how can I go to bed now?
September 9, 2010
Very interesting thriller movie from Netflix streaming. Not a gory horror film, but leaves you wondering...... And the end leaves room for a sequel.