7500 Reviews

August 25, 2015
Despite a promising setup, 7500 falls apart in a by the numbers lazy ghost story with a cheesy twist ending.
August 22, 2015
I liked the beginning and the end.
August 12, 2015
O filme é muito ruim... a 'resolução' é legal, mas mesmo assim não consegue salvar-lo.
May 12, 2015
I'm basically in agreement with most peoples reviews on this. When you hear 'The Grudge' you immediately think 'Psychological Horror'. Generally I find Psychological Horrors more terrifying than slashers. This sounded promising and the trailer definitely hooked me in, but when it got to the last scene, I was extremely disappointed. They could have made this so much better, by actually showing this creature perhaps. It was very slow and not much happened. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who wishes to actually be scared. Overall it was a bit of a let down unfortunately.
½ May 1, 2015
Whatever the genre of your movie, it is always advisable to give your characters some degree of emotional depth. Unfortunately, 7500's heavy-handed application of this principle leads to narrative that is impossibly dull. Moral of the story: A horror story with exaggerated character development is like a love story with one too many explosions.
½ March 10, 2015
It's so underwhelming to see a horror movie spams high pitch sound effects, sudden screams and grasping mysterious hands for any sort of shock value. The movie has a good set in plane, but there's no consistency from the horror aspect, it's never clear what it tries to do, it may go for supernatural threat but first act resembles more of infestation scheme. Not to mention the characters are nothing close to likeable and the film relies too heavily on plot twist gambit at latter half. There's barely anything to sustain the flight of 7500 until the end.

Ancient tricks, as if they are tattooed on a ghost child's hand, such as jittery camera and annoying booms are used excessively. The film doesn't have any coherent soundtracks, it has loud thuds and shouts to signal when the audience are supposed to react. The dark graphic isn't helping either, almost half the movie is shot in blinking lights or just bad lighting.

Story is a mixed bag of unexplained mysteries, the movie throws some shady philosophical life gibberish and it comes off at cringe-worthy at best. Acting are sloppy, but it's probably not the actors' fault since the on-screen characters are not identifiable. They are highly unrealistic, created just to fit stereotypical roles.

Strangely, there are some names from TV shows here, and while they are not box office veterans, they might have done better with more consistent material. That doesn't stop the film from churning high dose of subplots, none of these pay off in any meaningful way. They only ironically create more plot holes, enough to trip an aircraft into free fall.

It has one or two good moments, and the rest is fumbling around in existential crisis. Effects of the smoke and turbulence don't produce claustrophobic thrill, instead they just seem messy and cheap. If audience lasts through the movie they might have a surprising conclusion, as in baffled how it literally happens.

This is one flight you'd glad to cancel, for the sake of saving time and money.
February 1, 2015
The critics are on crack again. This movie is FANTASTIC. The kind that creeps into your nightmares and doesn't let go. Starts out with giving us a profile of each of the passengers; some we love, some we don't. Builds into a horrifying climax that i did NOT expect, but which ties everything together. Probably did not make the theatres because of the creepy timing with the tragic Malaysian flight that crashed....and the eerie similarities. I'm thinking of watching it again now that i know the ending.....
January 6, 2015
Suspenful,scary this movie won't dissapoint you.Full of chills and scares this movie will scare the hell out of you !!!!!!!
½ December 29, 2014
After the initially intriguing set-up, '7500' starts to unravel at the seams faster than a poorly knit sweater. Borrowing random scare tactics and left over strands of plot from better movies only to come to a conclusion that doesn't seem to be aware that's it's been uh ... done to death. Yep, this one's a plane crash alright.
½ October 23, 2014
7500 didn't exactly meet my high expectations I had almost three years ago when I saw the trailer for the first time but I still thought it was an entertaining horror flick. There was great suspense and the characters were well written and developed. The acting performances by Scout Taylor-Compton, Jamie Chung, Leslie Bibb, Ryan Kwanten and Christian Serratos were very good. There were also lots of great shots in the airplane that made the experience even more claustrophobic. The score is also really good. The concept was very interesting on paper and had potential but the execution is rather dissapointing. There were lots of possibilities with the story and the outcome felt far fetched. The CGI was pretty bad in this movie but that is to blame on the small production budget. Also the ending felt rushed and completely threw me off, very unnecessary. Add that this movie has a running time of a shameful 76 minutes and we got a 6.5 out of 10. I still recommend it to anyone for the cast and director alone but this wasn't exactly worth the 3 year wait, I'm still happy I finally have seen it but the result was a tad dissapointing.
November 24, 2014
Do you know Andy Dwyer's theory about all movies?
November 23, 2014
From the director of "Ju-on". The movie had good ideas, and a quite decent bunch of actors. But its awfully directed. And the script (reminded the series "Lost"... In many ways...) is nothing but totally convincing. Despites all this, the movie is short and quite pleasant to watch.
½ November 10, 2014
Really good for about the first hour and a bit, but in the last 10 minutes it kinda falls apart and you feel really cheated.
November 9, 2014
This film as the plane lift from Malaysia airlines real ghost story , cool and remarkable film
October 17, 2014
Great horror movie :)
October 6, 2014
This film was actually a lot better than I had expected. Though it reminded me of a mixture of The Strain and The Event and a few other TV shows that had a plane overtaken by a monster, this one was good and interesting and exciting.
½ September 24, 2014
Takashi Shimizu's latest horror endeavor proves to be paradoxically decent in presentation, yet utterly clunky in execution as it attempts to balance out the development of its ten main/minor characters, and the supernatural premise at 35,000 feet, all while trying to stretch out the screen time as much as possible to fit every 'development' before anything remotely scary wears out and boredom sets in.
½ February 21, 2012
Takashi Shimizu gives up interesting characters, good dialogue, a logical story, and atmospheric dread in exchange for a twist at the end that's interesting but not enough to save the turbulent film that is 7500
½ September 27, 2014
The director of "The Grudge" disappoints.
½ September 22, 2014