Batman: Gotham Knight - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Batman: Gotham Knight Reviews

December 8, 2009
LOVED IT! Absolutely a work of art!!
May 8, 2008
HAVE I GOT A STORY FOR YOU (2.5) - I have more appreciation for this one after watching it recently, the background animation is very well drawn and is clearly contrasted by the silly main character animations.

CROSSFIRE (3.5) - One big build-up for an extreme Batman entrance.

FIELD TEST (1) - The least amount of action/entertainment.

IN DARKNESS DWELLS (4) - "I'm looking for a monster."

The epitome of Dark Knight animation style; this short story is very similar to the grimy style of "Batman Begins".

"I work through pain."

WORKING THROUGH THE PAIN (4.5) - More focus on Batman's personal vendetta/drive; my favorite short animation of the feature.

"You shouldn't thank me, Bruce. I failed you. You came asking for help in dealing with your pain, but your pain is beyond my abilities; perhaps yours, as well. For your pain is leading you down a path you desire."

DEADSHOT (4) - I didn't really care for this short flick the first time I watched all short films; but after watching it on it's own (and not at the end of all six features), the episode actually feels like the highlights of a motion picture animated film.
April 25, 2013
Much too short and its six sketches range in quality but this animated feature suceeds in expanding the Nolan Batman universe in some unique ways and has some truely great moments despite being painfully underdevoloped
March 26, 2012
Batman: Gotham Knight is an anthology of six short stories that are each supervised by renowned anime directors. Batman is voiced by Kevin Conroy (Batman:The Animated Series) and the vignettes are written by Josh Olsen ( A History of Violence), David S. Goyer (The Dark Knight), and Brian Azzarello (100 Bullets). This sounds like a really great concept on paper, but the whole of this film is less than the sum of its parts. Perhaps my expectations were too high, but I was ultimately underwhelmed by this film's lack of focus and seemingly soulless execution.
July 11, 2011
its batman , of course its good ! :)
January 9, 2012
Worth checking out. Different stories, different art styles, all defining Batman in different ways
October 5, 2011
good but but to many storylines. That don't add up
½ July 11, 2011
An unusual midquel to Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, Batman: Gotham Knight has some interesting stories that boast wonderful dark animation and interesting looks in to the psyche of Batman.
½ June 26, 2011
Definitely an enriching extra of the dark knight for fans to oogle over.