Masters of Horror - Dario Argento: Jenifer Reviews

½ January 5, 2011
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck with a meat cleaver.

A police officer encounters a strange murder attempt. He stops the assailant and rescues the victim. The victim has strange wounds all over her body and seems horribly disfigured. They allow the officer to keep the girl in his custody and eventually adopt her. However, once the girl moves in with the cop, he quickly discovers why the man may have been trying to kill her.

"While all of this is going on, where exactly will you be?"
"Far away."

Dario Argento, director of Suspira, Sleepless, Inferno, Trauma, and Deep Red, delivers Masters of Horror: Jenifer. The storyline for this picture is fairly impressive and presented well. I loved the main character and the manner by which she was utilized. The special effects are solid and the acting is better than you may anticipate. The cast includes Steven Weber, Carrie Fleming, Jasmine Chan, and Harris Alan.

"Hi. What's your name?"

The Masters of Horror series remains inconsistent; however, I found this to be one of the better additions to the series. The main character/antagonist was presented well and scary as hell. She was so hard to look at and to see her interacting with the characters was intense and chilling. This movie is definitely worth viewing if you are a fan of the horror genre.

"Jennifer, please!"

Grade: B-
September 28, 2010
wow!!! ... hahaha entretenida per no la vean.... neta no la vean.
July 20, 2010
Definitely not essential veiwing, even for hardcore Argento fans like myself. The story is far too predictable, and although it's quite grisly, it's never very scary. However, there is some amazing nudity / sex scenes courtesy of Carrie Fleming, so there's that...
½ July 17, 2010
Dario Argento is truely a master of horrer and with jenifer he creats a sick,disturbing, and wierd horror film that doesent take its self to seriusly. Yet i do not mean what all i have said in a bad way,Dario argento is a great director and creats all of jenifers sick,wierd and disturbing eliments to great effect.But you still should not get ahead of your self, even though it has all those positives it still feels like this film is missing something.
½ June 14, 2010
Now this is some sick, disturbing shit right here.
½ March 27, 2010
53/100. Steven Weber is well cast and does a great job in his role. Great pacing, it starts out with a bang and never lets up. But this entry doesn't seem to have a point or a cohesive plot. I didn't feel the story concluded properly, it seemed like a section of a movie and like the whole story wasn't there. It has plenty of gore for those into it. Too much didn't make sense. I understand a person being curiously obsessed with another, but at some point with the character Jenifer, you would think he would have let go much sooner.
December 3, 2009
Sick, disturbing and fucked up... but thats what youre paying for aint it? My personal favorite of Argentos works, and a classic horror that few payed enough mind to. A real gem.
November 9, 2009
if you have an hour to waste.. this is the movie for you!
½ September 1, 2009
Masters of Horror let the Master of Horror Dario Argento in Charge and he created a shocking and disturbing Movie about some strange ugly but from sensational Sexuality who addict one Men after another
January 24, 2009
[b]Imprint[/b], from director Takashi Miike ("God's Puzzle"), has scarred me for life. The acting is atrocious, but the story and the gore and the whole thing (abortions anyone?) turned my stomach. And yet, I couldn't look away.

[b]Jenifer,[/b] from director Dario Argento ("Mother of Tears"), gave me nightmares. No joke. The story is about a cop who rescues a woman who then turns out to be a monster. The way things are lit makes it a really beautiful film, but the story stuck with me so much that I actually don't like thinking about it.

[b]Dreams in the Witch House[/b] is based on an H.P. Lovecraft story and focuses on a student who moves into a rundown boarding house and begins having strange dreams. There's a rat with a human face, a witch and human sacrifice. Yet even with all that, this episode is just not as engaging as some of the others.

[b]Deer Woman [/b]feels the most like a TV show of all the Masters of Horror I've seen. That said, it was extremely entertaining. It's more humorous and visually disturbing than scary. The story follows a series of strange murders where it looks like a giant deer has killed the men who were all last seen with a beautiful woman.

[b]Homecoming[/b] is from director Joe Dante ("The Greatest Show Ever") and features his political satire. In the episode, a politician wishes deceased soldiers could come back and vote in the election because they would approve of the president's decision to go to war. And then the soldiers do come back, and they want their vote. It's a silly zombie story.
March 19, 2008
[color=darkorange]That was tight. Love the tits and sex in the flick. All mixed in with blood makes for a entertaining movie. But don't expect much else.[/color]
December 28, 2006
This one was a bit of a mess, but it's still an interesting take on the whole succubus thing.

I find a lot of Argento's stuff hard to take, because he often focuses on aspects of the story that I personally don't have much interest in. With this film, it's sex scene after sex scene, and I found myself thinking "ok...I get it...they have sex a lot...can I learn a bit more about Jenifer now?"

There just wasn't enough reason or explanation given.

That aside, despite some of the poor writing, it had some of the better acting from the [b]Masters of Horror[/b] series, and the gore was pretty incredible.

And I'll add that on the DVD there's an interview with the actress that played Jenifer, and - not to sound mean - but she kind of gives the impression that she probably couldn't tie her own shoe. It seemed very difficult for her to string more than 2 words together...but that being said, the role didn't exactly require an eloquent person.