The Undefeated - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Undefeated Reviews

½ August 31, 2011
I'm pretty sure she WAS defeated, then quit, then never even tried. Just in it for the money, just ask Todd.
November 25, 2011
Sarah Palin does more to expose the left in their hypocrisy, hate and intolerance than anyone else. This documentary proves that much, especially in the first of three Acts.

To the objective eye, there's no doubt why she garnered an 80% approval rating while governor of Alaska as she took on big oil and corrupt politicians. I have no doubt she'd had done the same in Washington. Since she's decided not to run for office, I think her star power will keep the conservative message in the forefront and eventually help get rid of the worst administration in history.

The only criticisms I have are that they could have used different music instead of the same score that went on through the entire movie. Also, I think two hours was a bit long and the director's message would have been just as effective in 90 minutes.
February 7, 2012
Although Palin could probably make for an interesting subject of an in-depth documentary about her unlikely quasi-political career (her rise was more meteoric than most!), The Undefeated is NOT it. Saving all the time and trouble, this doc gives its viewers absolutely nothing new. It is a paint-by-the-numbers, Documentary Film-Making 101 college student production (although it isn't) that is a chore to watch -- not because of subject matter; but becuase of its shoddy production values. Just as the narration provides a nice sound quip, the screen goes black and the audience is informed that the next section of the "film" is entitled exactly what the filmmakers had just said ... and it is literally written out for us on the screen! There is no debate or no real discussion about who Ms Palin is ... it is spelled out for everybody and it is comes across as rather insulting (is she seriously this one-sided?). The film opens with vile comments made by her detractors which is supposed to encompass all who disagree ... but shame, shame ... that isn't the case. People CAN disagree. The film makes her out to be the one good apple in a barrel of bad ones ... and no human is that flawless except for ... and I highly doubt even Palin would accept that praise. This isn't a film and it isn't really a documentary ... it is a love-letter/vanity project made by a swooner. I was hoping for some depth and analysis of Palin's character and I wanted to see why McCain chose her over some other, more-qualified individuals for his running mate; but the film doesn't paint a whole picture. Again -- we are told what people want us to "know" and hear. It is all gloss.
December 27, 2011
Look at the title.. "The Undefeated" are you kidding me? The woman LOST her bid for Vice President and then went on to QUIT her job as governor of Alaska because the media was picking on her and it just got too hard. Besides being a loser and leaving things incomplete and undone what is she "undefeated" at?

But yet her brain dead zealot followers (which are very few if the attendance and gross profit of this film is any indication) can't be told any different. With a cult like allegiance and and willful ignorance they'd follow her off any edge and over any cliff. Of course on the way down they'll blame it all on liberals and the any non right-wing media.
October 5, 2011
If the significance of a documentary lies in its abiltiy to make you reithink aq previously held position, then this one is really great. No wonder Sarah Palin is vilified! She has really had a negative impact on seriously manipulative and aggressive corporations such as Exxon. I came away much more open to the idea that this woman could be President, something I would not have thought at all a week ago. I recommend this as a political documentary.
September 7, 2011
I saw this movie via the Comcast Cable On Demand service, and it was excellent. One cannot help but feel that they have finally met an honest, ethical and hard working politician. The vilification of Sarah Palin is nearly beyond comprehension. Sarah Palin stars as Jimmy Stewart in Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, except it's actually true. Everyone should see this movie. Sarah Palin's values of free markets, fiscal responsibility, and limited government ring as true today as they did when our Founding Father's tried to give us a Republic - if we can keep it. Indeed Benjamen Franklin reportedly said when asked what America got after the Constitutional Convention: "A Republic, if you can keep it." Sarah Palin stands against socialism and crony capitalism and this film proves it.
September 5, 2011
Saw it on PPV. After all the media bashing her in such a non-biased way, I think it's high time we let her (and her documentarian) tell her side of the story - in the interests of fair play and equal time, of course. She has the "X" factor America has been asking for and has come a long way - all by herself. That 'X' factor charisma helped both Reagan and Obama get elected... I would love to see her haters comment on her actual words and philosophy rather than the way she says it and I hope everyone with an open mind gives it a look. To those of you who believe what the media tells you to believe, spend you time elsewhere, cuz you ain't gonna like this!
½ August 19, 2011
The issue is it doesnt tackle anything, and thats fucking shit with the issues we face, stop the fucking sugar coating goddamnit
August 8, 2011
I saw The Undefeated to learn a little more about Sarah Palin. I thought the movie was well done. It showed clips from her childhood, and her rise from mayor,governor, and presidential vice President candidate. I think she is a very qualified person to run for any office. She has a lot of good ideas on how to make our country better. I also think that the reason the liberals are so against her is that they are afraid she might actually win a possible presidential bid. The movie is well worth seeing to at least answer any questions you might have about her. Go see it, you might be surprised and like her.
July 31, 2011
Why would anyone want to watch a film about the most annoying politician in the world? This film is nothing more than a propaganda for the detestable tea party.
July 25, 2011
Obviously this score is artificial. 0% is virtually statistically impossible. It takes a whole bunch of people who haven't even seen it, but just want to express their irrational hatred of Sarah Palin, to vote. Lefties, look at that 0% and revel in it: its a badge of your hatred - and the first 15 minutes of the movie is dedicated to you, you should see it sometime.

Palin Derrangement Syndrome is alive and well, apparently. Have you ever seen so many people who haven't seen a movie and weren't interested in seeing a movie - go out of their way to express how much they hate it?
July 19, 2011
She is amazing to watch. Don't judge until you go and watch this. It is a great piece of work. Loved it!!!
December 12, 2013
This was a very good comedy. That's the best I can describe it.
June 29, 2013
There's a reason why Sarah Palin quit.
½ March 25, 2013
A well done documentary.
November 25, 2011

½ February 24, 2012
Seeing one of the most defeated politician in history in the movie The Undefeated not gonna happen. And I decided to try it and it's a boring documentary that shows just one side of the views that only shows the good or disguised accomplishments that are given way too much credit to her.
½ June 11, 2012
A documentary with no focus whatsoever. Quite possibly the worst of its kind.
½ July 19, 2011
This film should be rated R for Retarded!
½ May 25, 2012
I agree that this film was not terribly well made, but disagree with those who dismiss it as nothing new. Average Americans don't grasp how popular Governor Palin was in Alaska prior to joining the McCain campaign. They have no idea how closely she worked with Democrats to fight the Republican establishment for the benefit of all Alaskans. They don't know how those same Democrats became unwilling to work with her over the course of those few weeks of Palin's involvement in the 2008 presidential campaign. They don't know how things were in Alaska when Palin came home. She had angered conservatives before she left, and liberals while she was gone. The legislature was paralyzed. She was going broke fending off one frivolous lawsuit after another, after another. Alaska law lets anyone bring suit for any reason, and they don't have to pay a penny, ever. Governor Palin was a middle-class candidate from a middle-class family. She had no trust fund or affirmative action to help her through college. She did it like the rest of us.

Average Americans don't know any of this, just like they don't know Governor Palin never claimed she could see Russia from her house, and couldn't tell you what Palin really said, or speak to the context in which she said it. We need not look beyond President Obama to know that experience doesn't matter, because he had less than Palin. He never met a payroll, never helped create a single job, and never had to balance a budget. He was never the sole person in charge of decisions that affect myriad lives. He was a senator. He gave speeches for a living. There's a reason former governors far outnumber former senators in the Whitehouse.

I'm a 25-year resident of Alaska. I watched this film. It's as much a documentary as anything Michael Moore has ever made...which is to say it's not truly a documentary. It has an agenda. I can understand why Palin haters dismiss it. It IS overly rosy, and not a balanced depiction. We've had years of the pig-piling irrational hatred though. We've had enough of the smug elites on both sides of the aisle who think they're smarter than regular Americans. Excuse me if I admire Governor Palin for reminding us that we don't have to just take it.