The Undefeated Reviews

½ August 31, 2011
I'm pretty sure she WAS defeated, then quit, then never even tried. Just in it for the money, just ask Todd.
February 7, 2012
Although Palin could probably make for an interesting subject of an in-depth documentary about her unlikely quasi-political career (her rise was more meteoric than most!), The Undefeated is NOT it. Saving all the time and trouble, this doc gives its viewers absolutely nothing new. It is a paint-by-the-numbers, Documentary Film-Making 101 college student production (although it isn't) that is a chore to watch -- not because of subject matter; but becuase of its shoddy production values. Just as the narration provides a nice sound quip, the screen goes black and the audience is informed that the next section of the "film" is entitled exactly what the filmmakers had just said ... and it is literally written out for us on the screen! There is no debate or no real discussion about who Ms Palin is ... it is spelled out for everybody and it is comes across as rather insulting (is she seriously this one-sided?). The film opens with vile comments made by her detractors which is supposed to encompass all who disagree ... but shame, shame ... that isn't the case. People CAN disagree. The film makes her out to be the one good apple in a barrel of bad ones ... and no human is that flawless except for ... and I highly doubt even Palin would accept that praise. This isn't a film and it isn't really a documentary ... it is a love-letter/vanity project made by a swooner. I was hoping for some depth and analysis of Palin's character and I wanted to see why McCain chose her over some other, more-qualified individuals for his running mate; but the film doesn't paint a whole picture. Again -- we are told what people want us to "know" and hear. It is all gloss.
July 31, 2011
Why would anyone want to watch a film about the most annoying politician in the world? This film is nothing more than a propaganda for the detestable tea party.
December 12, 2013
This was a very good comedy. That's the best I can describe it.
November 25, 2011
Sarah Palin does more to expose the left in their hypocrisy, hate and intolerance than anyone else. This documentary proves that much, especially in the first of three Acts.

To the objective eye, there's no doubt why she garnered an 80% approval rating while governor of Alaska as she took on big oil and corrupt politicians. I have no doubt she'd had done the same in Washington. Since she's decided not to run for office, I think her star power will keep the conservative message in the forefront and eventually help get rid of the worst administration in history.

The only criticisms I have are that they could have used different music instead of the same score that went on through the entire movie. Also, I think two hours was a bit long and the director's message would have been just as effective in 90 minutes.
½ February 24, 2012
Seeing one of the most defeated politician in history in the movie The Undefeated not gonna happen. And I decided to try it and it's a boring documentary that shows just one side of the views that only shows the good or disguised accomplishments that are given way too much credit to her.
½ June 11, 2012
A documentary with no focus whatsoever. Quite possibly the worst of its kind.
½ July 19, 2011
This film should be rated R for Retarded!
½ May 25, 2012
I agree that this film was not terribly well made, but disagree with those who dismiss it as nothing new. Average Americans don't grasp how popular Governor Palin was in Alaska prior to joining the McCain campaign. They have no idea how closely she worked with Democrats to fight the Republican establishment for the benefit of all Alaskans. They don't know how those same Democrats became unwilling to work with her over the course of those few weeks of Palin's involvement in the 2008 presidential campaign. They don't know how things were in Alaska when Palin came home. She had angered conservatives before she left, and liberals while she was gone. The legislature was paralyzed. She was going broke fending off one frivolous lawsuit after another, after another. Alaska law lets anyone bring suit for any reason, and they don't have to pay a penny, ever. Governor Palin was a middle-class candidate from a middle-class family. She had no trust fund or affirmative action to help her through college. She did it like the rest of us.

Average Americans don't know any of this, just like they don't know Governor Palin never claimed she could see Russia from her house, and couldn't tell you what Palin really said, or speak to the context in which she said it. We need not look beyond President Obama to know that experience doesn't matter, because he had less than Palin. He never met a payroll, never helped create a single job, and never had to balance a budget. He was never the sole person in charge of decisions that affect myriad lives. He was a senator. He gave speeches for a living. There's a reason former governors far outnumber former senators in the Whitehouse.

I'm a 25-year resident of Alaska. I watched this film. It's as much a documentary as anything Michael Moore has ever made...which is to say it's not truly a documentary. It has an agenda. I can understand why Palin haters dismiss it. It IS overly rosy, and not a balanced depiction. We've had years of the pig-piling irrational hatred though. We've had enough of the smug elites on both sides of the aisle who think they're smarter than regular Americans. Excuse me if I admire Governor Palin for reminding us that we don't have to just take it.
July 18, 2011
While this documentary covers the life of Sarah Palin, most of its focus is on her years as an Oil Commisioner and then Governor of Alaska. It also explores the unprecedented media attack on her that has been ongoing since her nomination for Vice President and explains her decision to resign as governor. The movie inspires because we see a person in ordinary circumstances who brings uncommon energy to the task of government. It shows her as unafraid to take on big oil and clearly winning in some major fights with them. Some critics have deplored the failure to include all of the media story lines about her. Bannon argues we already know all that. What we don't know is this is a governor who raised taxes on Oil, accomplished legislation which will allow brining the vast natural gas reserves in Alaska to the lower 48, cut the state budget ad increased competition in the state. While the film does make an argument, it also presents a lot of factual information by using newsreel footage, Interviews with Alaskans and friends, and some Palin voice overs from the audio of her books. The history is presented in a fast paced, sometimes overly dramatic fashion that keeps it interesting. If you really really hate Sarah Palin to the point that you want to join in the constant villification of her, then you probably won't like this movie. If you have an open mind and are willing to see the other side, you will probably find that you will learn a lot from the movie.
March 15, 2012
I was greatly encouraged by her courage to fight against corrupt politicians from both sides of the isle and how quickly things can get done when states have courageous leaders who take decisive action. Thank you Gov. Palin!
March 13, 2012
Very good. Very moving and uplifting. Shows some indisputable reasons why Sarah was governor with 88% approval. Shows the tremendous power, with her honesty and enthusiasm, as VP over the American people. Must make anyone wonder "What? What really happened to sabotage this warrior and winner? What is going on out there?"
March 13, 2012
Excellent movie with the hate-filled vulgar radical leftest exposed in their own words.
½ March 12, 2012
This film shows the political chops Sarah Palin has. It also shows how the left has been on a mission to destroy her!
February 1, 2012
Inspirational. This maverick of a woman will lead the United States of America to the 20th Century.
December 27, 2011
Look at the title.. "The Undefeated" are you kidding me? The woman LOST her bid for Vice President and then went on to QUIT her job as governor of Alaska because the media was picking on her and it just got too hard. Besides being a loser and leaving things incomplete and undone what is she "undefeated" at?

But yet her brain dead zealot followers (which are very few if the attendance and gross profit of this film is any indication) can't be told any different. With a cult like allegiance and and willful ignorance they'd follow her off any edge and over any cliff. Of course on the way down they'll blame it all on liberals and the any non right-wing media.
July 16, 2011
If you've ever bumped your little toe on a hard edge of a bed leg, or slammed your finger in a car door, that have nothing on the pain of sitting through even 5 minutes of this brownshirt propaganda film. It's amazing how this film could last more than 10 minutes as it lacks of any honesty, truth, logic, and integrity that only focuses on Palin's successes (very few) and none of her setbacks and failures (very many).
December 21, 2011
Wow! Here's a middle-class woman who took on big oil, and the good old boy corruption of the Alaskan Republican Party - and won! She had sweeping and overwhelming support from the Alaskan residents, and experienced bypartisan success while serving as Governor. But the left hates her anyway. What exactly does the left stand for anymore? This was a very inspiring documentary, loved it!
December 8, 2011
The Undefeated is Palin's narcissistic scrapbooking attempt at closure, a silly autobiography; it feels more like an excuse than a documentary. And it is really very sad.

A 0% is too high for this film. It deserves a -1 because the documentary goes beyond the array of what is interesting or ethical in film; it's clear within 3 minutes and from Sarah's narrative that the movie was produced by Sarah Palin herself, utilizing fanatics, loyalists, probably former staff and internet trolls to provide the segues, introductions, contrived narrators, hosts and interviewers.

Also, it is difficult to watch because of the revisionist history aspect of the film; since Mrs. Palin is curating every scene she can say whatever she wants, reinventing the past and re-interpreting her questionable actions as as the misunderstood underdog hero that she really is because the film tells us so.

The film would be a great example of something in between media shaping perceptions (hearts&minds) to brainwashing, if it weren't so obvious and so stupid. And also so boring.

The first 3 minutes, however, the media montage of hate and anger directed towards Palin is supposed to make us, the audience, feel sympathetic for her. And it did, for about 1 minute, then as soon as she opened her mouth it was 'oh yeah that's why Bill Maher called her a dumb t*at' It's because stupid people who are succeeding in their run for a very important office are a fungible commodity; we get to say whatever we want because we are scared sh*tless that they will be in control of the currently most inter-active (putting it kindly) country in the world.
July 18, 2011
The woman is an attention obsessed failed beauty queen, not satisfied unless gullible followers are kissing her undeserving feet. Paris Hilton has more character and class than this know-nothing celebrity whore.