Forged - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Forged Reviews

½ December 19, 2011
Excellent indie, tremendous performance from Manny Perez. One of the best executed tragedies I've seen in a long time.
November 19, 2011
This was a GREAT flick. I was very impressed with the serious story, the dramatic turns throughout the movie, and the totally unpredictable ending. WOW...
August 6, 2011
Brutal realism, beautifully filmed and terrific acting!
October 30, 2011
Superb movie. Very original with great performances. Manny Perez is a STANDOUT. Go see it.
August 14, 2011
A very touching story of a father and son rebuilding their shattered relationship. Filmed in cold and gritty Scranton, PA, the town is one of the main actors. Beautifully filmed in what almost looks like tinted black and white with a stark and haunting musical score. Stellar performances by all actors.
August 13, 2011
Great movie! a rolle rcoaster of emotions!
August 8, 2011
What a tasty theatrical treat!......Definitely a must see!! WILLIAM WEDIG brings MANNY PEREZ and JAIME TIRELLI to the big screen like no other before in this gritty drama about a father and son reunion of disturbing proportions, with deadly consequences. When you're up against all odds and family becomes the enemy, there is only one way out......See the summer sleeper of the year now playing for a limited time. ******
August 8, 2011
great movie! amazing plot and epic storyline go see it!
August 8, 2011
Forged is a beautifully shot work of art. The cinematography in Forged gripped me and the plot's suspense kept me on the edge of my seat. The music is well-appointed, the acting is spot-on, and the script is great. I think I've watched everything, or mostly everything, that director William Wedig has done over the last 10 years or so. Forged is an obvious growth on his part, a pointedly hard-hitting film carrying the production values respected in mainstream media while pairing those qualities with his indie sensibilities. It's a wonderful movie, showcasing Scranton's desolate winter scenes, which reflect the emotion desolation of the characters. More importantly, it dives deep into themes that remind me of Tolstoy or Franzen... complicated personal stories, the ambiguity of right and wrong, and the intricate interweaving experienced among people in families and small towns everywhere.
August 8, 2011
I saw this movie twice already in NYC, and am seeing it again when it plays in Miami in September. 3x won't be enough so I gotta get my DVD. I give this movie 2 thumbs up and a FABULOUS!!!!
August 8, 2011
William Wedig delivers a masterfully done drama piece with Forged. The story gracefully unfolds through the brilliant performances of Manny Perez and his on screen son David Castro. Although the drama is ever present, there is plenty of action and tension to keep story moving. The photography almost looks to me like a seventies homage, with muted tones and contrasting elements. Watch out for DP Zeus Morand. He shows a mature and thoughtful approach to capturing images.
July 31, 2011
The Film was Phenomenal! I was moved by the performance of young David Castro. Manny Perez really brought his character (Chuco) to life, Its a movie that will have you on the egde of your seat, and will tug at your heartstrings....AMAZING!