Superheroes

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Superheroes Reviews

Sylvester K

January 27, 2013
It's quite an interesting documentary about people who dress up as superheroes to "protect the innocents". I think despite their attempts at trying to be cool and do something for the society, they should really take care of themselves first. Don't let larping goes out of control! I liked the editing of the film, the use of narration and comic sans were quite well done. It's both entertaining and insightful, highly recommended to be watched for a good laugh.
Rodrigo R

January 19, 2012
It's a smart and entertaining documentary. The layout you present it is nice to put it as a comic, but at times feels a little loose. Although in some cases not very pleased to see young people who are somewhat "immature" and no more do that to imitate, though some were good.
June 13, 2014
Mike Barnett's humorous documentary is biased, but the way we're introduced to these people as somewhat silly to leave them with the impression that under their costumes they are just compassionate people wanting to make a difference is truly uplifting.
June 11, 2014
Interesting idea, but I really wanted to see some of these guys try and fight some crime.
April 21, 2013
Very funny and also touching; Barnett does a good job portraying his subjects in an unbiased light, and they come across as very weird people with some questionable methods, but also sincere, likeable people who clearly have a passion for what they're doing.
Sylvester K

January 27, 2013
Takeshi
December 1, 2012
More talk than heroism going on here.
July 23, 2012
At times I disliked both the police' and superhero's perspectives. However, it was pretty interesting to see people who live like superheros.
June 5, 2012
You will feel like curling up into an embarrassed little ball at the beginning, but you will be cheering the heroes of the film on by the end and looking at your own life wondering if maybe you're doing all you can for your fellow man.

As a documentary you might be more expecting the shaky cam of such films as Cloverfield and Chronicle but as it's not fiction it's direction is actually steady and accomplished and exceptionally processional.

The subject matter is handled with honesty and dignity, and it's a fine line with some of the characters that never gets crossed into demeaning the real life superheroes. At first they do seem a little sad and pathetic, but this is never the emphasis of the direction. The genuine selflessness of the people in the film is ALWAYS evident and their desire to help is not just heart warming but strangely compelling, again this is never the emphasis of the direction but that's a testimony Mike Barnett who maintains a professional stance throughout.

It's a good, solidly made documentary and the perfect antidote to all the horror on TV these days.

Now where's my cape?
May 14, 2012
A well made documentary about real-life superheroes.
March 17, 2012
I had no idea there were so many "real" superheroes in the world. Some of these people seemed ridiculous and crazy while others were truly inspirational. It was a great film and I'm glad they showed both types of people.
February 10, 2012
"This is the Iron Fist. The Iron Fist is capable of destroying..........many..........things."
Rodrigo R

January 19, 2012
January 16, 2012
Despite the openoing making this look like a bit of a satire, the later portions of the films show the caring nature these men and women in costume form really have.
November 16, 2011
Goofy yet Edgy. It takes individuals with some super-sensibilities to suit up like a trick-or-treater and patrol. I hung on every minute of this film.