The Hunters - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Hunters Reviews

November 27, 2012
The only horror in this film is the acting. All the characters were obnoxiously annoying, especially Jay Brown. I really did not understand anything that goes on in the film, just everyone reading scripts. The whole film is really f-ed up, it's really not scary at all. If you can, please avoid this film.
January 14, 2012
Ummm...I don't even know what happened here. The description on the back of the movie is a complete lie. There are multiple story lines going on and the one you're paying the most attention to apparently doesn't matter. Horrible.
½ August 6, 2015
You want crappy acting from its main stars, dialouge that isn't at all realistic, all over the place time lines, Flash backs within flashbacks and a character reveal you can see coming from a mile away then this is the movie for you!! Dianna Agron is the only positive quality in this film but it is obvious they used her for her star quality at the time. (Glee had just started) Underused in the film to be given the place her name sits on the cover. She is barely in it. I like the idea of the fort and the hunting thing but it's poorly executed, the Benders episode of Supernatural would of made a better film. Again I like the premise of The Fort and Hunting thing and Dianna Agron is good but the rest is just awful.
½ May 30, 2015
If it were possible to give it less than half a star, I would.
½ May 25, 2015
The worst screenplay along with worst actors and extras.
½ January 3, 2015
This entire movie appeared to be just dumped and wasted. Guys, come on!!! You could've done it more thoughtful and attractive...
½ July 26, 2014
Some good tense moments in this thriller about some low men on the totem pole to take our their anxieties by kidnapping and hunting down innocent people for fun.

The Hunters has some decent moments, and decent acting, but some real bad acting in parts too. The location of the Fort is great.
½ July 7, 2013
Complete tedious shite. Accents were kind of funny. Unintentional of course.
February 26, 2013
Some of the characters are interesting and the set-up is okay, but, overall, a disappointment.
February 11, 2013
Because "The Hunters" is so poorly crafted, I recommend avoiding this mess at all costs .....
February 6, 2013
Not great, i was going to watch the Hunter and ended up watching the Hunters.

I don't think it's meant to be a horror film really, more a gorey thriller. It's a story of a group of murderers who are using an old military fort as their base of operations.

The twists are predictable, the acting is ok to not that bad, the thrills are few. There isn't much here to like.
½ February 4, 2013
Monday, February 4, 2013

(2011) The Hunters
THRILLER/ HORROR

An accomplished police officer forced into an early retirement is drawn into investigate an abandoned fort- like maze unaware that a mass of seriel killings are being practiced. Upon watching this one would have to get through plenty of pointless babbling otherwise it'd really be a 45 minute movie.

1 out of 4
½ December 31, 2012
Two whole stars for the girl. Horrible movie.
November 27, 2012
August 7, 2012
Etrange objet que ce Survival franco-belge, intégralement tourné dans un vieux fort militaire de province, de toute évidence pas venu au monde avec une cuillère d'argent dans le bec...mais qui dispose néanmoins d'un casting intégralement américain ! En dépit de ces origines modestes, "The hunters" comporte quelques bonnes idées : loin de les rabaisser au rang de psychopathes déshumanisés, le film s'intéresse plus aux traqueurs, à leur vécu, leurs émotions et leurs motivations, qu'aux traqués. Un parti-pris relativement audacieux, qu'on croirait presque à même de dépoussiérer le genre...du moins, jusqu'à ce que l'amateurisme de l'ensemble reprenne le dessus. Si, en tant que tel, la chasse à l'homme reste fonctionnelle (mais sans génie), les dialogues poussifs, l'affreux filtre bleuté de l'image, le manque de relief des "proies" et une conclusion incohérente expédiée en quatrième vitesse affirment haut et fort que si les bonnes idées donnent souvent de bons films, le manque de moyens peut s'avérer dommageable, même avec de bonnes idées...
August 4, 2012
This was just an awful movie. Watched it cause I love Dianna Agron but shes barely in it and is quite bad in it too...all of the acting is. The director must think yelling like a crazy person is acting. The police chief is hands down one of the worst actors ever. plot is also all over the place. Just avoid at all costs.
½ July 21, 2012
Yes , maybe a little bit difficult , or something like ; what is the point of this movie... the actors mm just okee
½ July 11, 2012
The only thing that successfully distracted me from the horrible story was the bad acting. Stay away from this one folks.
½ April 18, 2012
There isn't even a synopsis on the page for this movie.