Thirst Reviews

January 9, 2013
'THIRST' - My Review: Wow! what a powerful film. But let me say it's NOT for children, as this is a story about survival in the desert without water and has some rather 'dark' moments included. The scenery is absolutely stunning and it shows what can be achieved with good compelling script while only using a "simple" set. I found myself drawn to these people and wanting the best for them as though they were friends (and not acting in a movie) whilst glued to my chair for almost the entire length of the film. Very well filmed, written, produced etc with a terrific cast. I do recommend it. Well done everyone. :) Helen xo
November 20, 2012
This movie is a surprise package. Beautifully cast and set, the drama is not too heavy and not too light - just perfectly watchable. The characters grow throughout the movie and almost compel you to ask 'which one would you be' if you were in the same situation - which is not inconceivable. This potential reality is what makes this movie stay with you long after the end. It has been well over 5 years since I bought a movie to keep - this one is a keeper!
½ November 16, 2012
Exasperating watching these peoples lives played out and the choices they made. Still, its a good movie, you see parralles in life in these characters. We enjoyed it.
March 31, 2012
This film is a must see if you want to see Australian film making at its best. Shot beautifully, great editing, in a stunning location that intergrates and comes alive in this four hander drama. The ensemble acting is exciting to watch and captivating to experience. The script is has multiple layers to it that twist and turn as the characters reveal themselves. It uses the location with great artistry and plants subtle clues that anchor the journey. Worth seeing.
January 28, 2012