Inseparable Reviews

August 12, 2012
Pretty good. A Chinese man is going through a lot of stress because of an accident and because of his job. He breaks and goes a little crazy and eventually becomes a superhero.... It's pretty funny and very sad at times. A pretty good story.

It's full of twists. I caught a few, but a few totally caught me off guard, which I think bumps this up a bit.
½ October 5, 2013
I was quite surprised to see Keven Spacey in this film. He even tries to speak the language which is pretty funny. Daniel Wu is a good actor.
August 27, 2013
This was a surprise find for me. My motivation was Kevin Spacey. The film is fresh, intriguing. The casting, directing and acting are beyond satisfying. This film went from being a surprise find to a surprise treasure. And reading subtitles in English was fun because of the pace of the movie and given I don't know Cantonese. I recommend this film to anyone because it has something for everyone.
½ July 13, 2013
An interesting movie about a man run down. Spacey is funny and likable while Wu is not awful but not great. Just like the movie.
March 9, 2013
Excellent film, made in Japan for both Japanese and American audiences. Uses subtitles. The story is intriguing and flows well. It's a psychological drama with a happy ending, well scripted, well acted. Kevin Spacey does a fairly good job in this and the storyline remains interesting throughout. Watch the whole movie, the end will be worth it!
September 22, 2012
really nice intriguing flick :)
½ September 16, 2012
The music and direction seemed like that of a Bollywood film. It was an okay film
½ August 11, 2012
This Chinese-Mandarin film takes a look at mental illness manifested by personal tragedy. Although films in Hollywood have tackled this theme more skilfully, Kevin Spacey injects some funny moments into this low-budget feature. There are a number of borrowed themes here, from Falling Down (1993), to a Beautiful Mind (2001), to Kick-Ass (2010). Worth renting due to the relatively short run-time.
½ June 18, 2012
Very interesting, and entertaining, movie that deals with one man's coming to terms with issues after some tragedy in his life, as well as facing the problems he has with his wife and pressures at work. Never seen a Chinese film such as this -- obviously, never seen Kevin Spacey (who is great in this) in a Chinese film either. All the actors do a great job in this film that deals with issues in China and elsewhere. Some elements might seem "been there done that" with American films that have big twists, but overall it was a great to see a director that didn't treat the audience like idiots.