Lockout

—— Wilfred: Season 4
43% Young & Hungry: Season 1

Lockout Reviews

November 16, 2013
A space prison where the inmates take over is certainly not original (see: Battlestar Galactica), but it's well done for what it is: a sci-fi action movie about saving someone from a space prison. I'd say Guy Pearce gets credit for 2 of the 3 stars I'm rating this, with Maggie Grace's pretty-good-for-what-she's-given performance adding a quarter star and Luc Besson's guiding hand (writer and actor but not director?) responsible for the remaining half to three-quarters... Might have actually been better if they'd given more than 10 minutes to the government conspiracy plot that bookends the space prison action movie. Oh, and be prepared for lots of democrat/republican cracks which is very clearly Besson poking fun at the American government. Real subtle.
November 11, 2013
Guy Pearce! What were you thinking?!? If I was being kind I would describe Lockout as... horrendous. Some disgustingly bad editing, stick-out-like-a-sore-thumb choppy storytelling and some of the worst uses of special effects I've seen. An awful film that left me shaking my head in disbelief at how bad it was. Miss this.
November 9, 2013
The clichés were palpable but that made the entire experience quite fun, the only reason it doesn't have a higher rating is the poorly animated 3D motorcycle scene.
November 1, 2013
Film d'action classique.
October 29, 2013
Other than Guy Pearce's tongue in cheek performance their really is no reason to lookout for Lockout. Lockout is full of terrible cinematography, laughable special effects and shoddy acting but f you enjoy sci -fi films that needed a bigger budget to be any good than Lockout is one to check out otherwise just ignore it.
October 25, 2013
It was okay. Some of the action was cheesy though.
October 24, 2013
REVIEW:
For this review, I shall divide and conquer:

The Good

Awesome premise of jail being put in outer space. I think its a good idea
The effects were great
The acting was good.
It seemed hopeless that Snow and Emilie were going to survive, so I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.
Guy Pearce (Snow) is hilarious and badass and not too bad looking....like usual.
The ending was pretty good and I approve.
The true big baddie was a twist and surprised me.
The Bad and the Ugly

Even though I adore Maggie Grace, I hated her character...
Emilie was perfect and as you all know I hate annoying characters; she was pretty, rich, smart, bold, brave, a saint, and just loved by everyone. Gah.
A couple loose ends that annoyed me.
Conclusion
Wish I could say more...but I don't want to give away any spoilers. It was an okay movie. I loved the setting and the idea behind a prison for all the dangerous criminals is an awesome one. The acting and screenwriting were good, even though Emilie annoyed me to no end. Sighs. One flaw is all I ask...I hate perfect characters. Anyways...I would recommend this to those that love sci-fi movies with action and a small flake of romance. In the end I shall grant this....errrrr....3 stars.

Favorite Character(s): Snow and Harry Shaw
Not-so Favorite Character(s): Emilie (love the actress, hated the character)
October 21, 2013
If you'd like to eat popcorn and look at Guy Pearce's arms, this is the movie for you.
October 10, 2013
Guy pearce played his character very well I thought. He was the tough special agent, but not just another strong silent type. He had a sharp tongue and a quick wit. He made the roll of hero not so stereo-typical. He was the good guy in a bad way. Maggie Grace played her roll very well, and many of the supporting actors filled their rolls excellently as well. I will say, I was shocked with how much violence there was. How this one got away with a PG-13 rating is beyond me. It was exciting and intense, but it pushed well beyond what I would deem PG-13. My other complaint was the strange shift in graphics, that lasts for all of about 3 minutes, right at the beginning of the film. The movie starts out normal, but then there is a chase scene that looks as though it is a hacked to pieces, sub-par graphics video game clip. Once that chase scene is over the graphics go back to normal and the rest of the movie is fine. What the purpose behind that 3 minute collapse of quality is unknown to me. Was it supposed to be some nostalgia moment, or paying tribute to some video game or old movie? Did they just run out of money and that was the last scene they had to shoot so they cut corners? Whatever the reason it was strange. But over all I enjoyed the movie, I thought it deserved more than the bad wrap that it got.
September 22, 2013
The film is cliched, loud, illogical, and highly derivative but manages to be a mildly entertaining popcorn movie. It's also always fun to see a respected actor, like Guy Pearce, taking on an unapologetically bubble gum, comic book role. Still, this movie had the possibility to have been a whole lot better instead of a passable copycat.
September 6, 2013
For what it's worth, this movie is actually quite excellent. People forget that a generic movie nowadays is a romantic drama with some comedy involved. THIS is the epic, one-liner dishing, atmosphere-tearing shooter that made me acknowledge Guy Pearce as an action star. If Luc Besson is involved, it's likely to be awesome.
August 31, 2013
Not bad, but still a parody of several action films all meshed into one. Not to mention, some of the effects still could have been worked on more especially the skyfalling scene (which happened way too fast. Still though pretty watchable.
August 30, 2013
Set in the near future, and with a plot that seems heavily reminiscent of 'Escape from L.A./New York', it's up to Guy Pearce's ex-government agent to locate and rescue the Presidents daughter from a new maximum security prison in low orbit where she is being held hostage.

What follows certainly won't win any awards for originality, blatantly ripping off other action/adventure films (and the odd computer game - such as Escape from Butcher's Bay - left, right and centre, but is still an OK watch.
mokeypokeyrocker
August 18, 2013
i thought it was pretty funny. your average cliched action flick es, but still funny
August 11, 2013
Good fun hostage rescue action in space. And the bad guys were european :)
Marcus W

August 6, 2013
Even though it rips off approximately 19,825 other action movies, it's still worth a watch.
muffin0681
July 30, 2013
A falsely convicted ex-government agent will get a chance at freedom after going on a dangerous mission in outer space to rescue the president's daughter, held hostage at a maximum security prison.

stars Guy Pearce, Maggie Grace, Vincent Regan, Joseph Gilgun, Lennie James, Peter Stormare, Jacky Ido, Tim Plester, Mark Tankersley , Anne-Solenne Hatte, Peter Hudson, Nick Hardin, Bojan Peric, Thomas Kelly, Michael Sopko, Yan Dron, Milorad Kapor, Jason Ryan and Jovan B. Todorovic.

directed by James Mather and Stephen St Leger
July 26, 2013
Really good sci fi action flick! My buddy Adam kept recommending this to me. I watched this in honour oh him.
July 10, 2013
Not good. It was oozing with cheesy lines and ended like it did not know what to do or how to wrap it up. Ending was rushed and the main story line wrap up was horrible.