9 Deaths of the Ninja Reviews

October 4, 2013
I was a kid an instantly was hypnotized to the tv "Sho" known for many ninja flicks was great as usual not a big budget box office smash but I knew that cause it only cost about $2.50 my favorite weekly B-movie theater. Not as good as return of the ninja but this one sorta like a A -Team feel an the lolly pop was kinda funny. Today I can see a lot of guys clowning this but at the time fitting era it came out in this genre was on fire but they were reaching big with this one I give it a thumbs up just cause it has Sho Kosugi
March 31, 2013
I am ashamed of watching and even owning this movie.
½ October 7, 2012
Giving it half a star is probably being a bit kind to it. Hilariously bad, the sort of film you don't even need to be drunk to enjoy.
½ August 16, 2012
Thursday, August 16, 2012

(1985) 9 Deaths Of The Ninja
ACTION

According to RT "Meant to be a parody of the martial arts genre" but if that is what it's supposed to be then I must be missing something here because I thought it failed on all levels since the fights were badly staged that could use better sound effects when their aren't any except for the explosions etc... The plot is a dime-a-dozen which centers on some kidnapping of some English speaking tourists or Asian while riding on a bus somehwere along the Phillipine jungle and the terrorists who hijack it for a release of one terrorist hostage who also happens to be Phillipine terrorist who seems to be quite useless once release. A group of 3 (who are suppose to be the best)are sent to save them- one is of course Sho Kosugi (who was also credited for the martial art choreography) another is a mercenary who happens to be a Caucasion and a Cauacasion female whose supposed to be an expert on explosives. Oh, and one last thing some of the terrorists also include model-like Caucasion women. Actor Sho Kosugi's son also has a small part in this as one of the hostages. I probably counted at least 10 cringes on my forehead upon watching this.

1 out of 4
½ July 28, 2012
Chop socky (and schlocky) trash-fest that can evidently only be shown after 1am on telly in case anyone sensible might see it. Poor old Sho Kosugi got lumbered with some tat in his time but this one must take the biscuit. Mind you, I first saw it after several hours drinking and at the time felt it could rival "Citizen Kane" in the echelons of classic cinema. Theres a lesson here...
July 28, 2012
sho kosugi's 007 ninja film ..with midgets
April 11, 2012
Yeah, it was VERY cheesy, but fun!
May 15, 2010
Bad movie lovers take note; the Crown International releasing should be a tip off. Sho Kosugi starts off loaded for bear & uses every weapon in his arsenal kicking a lot of ass...then the credits roll that has Kosugi in a pink room showing his sword skills while ballet dancers that look like rejects of Robert Palmers Addicted to Love dance around him w/ a very painful Take Me High by Ivy Violan playing. W/ what follows is Kosugi & his crew trying to thwart some terrorists (lead by a Nazi in a wheelchair w/ a monkey) who have hijacked a bus. It climaxes w/ ninja action between Sho Kosugi & the white ninja. Your enjoyment w/ this will depend on your tolerance for such rubbish but @ least I endured which is more then I can say for Leonard Maltin who once said in one of his review books that I used to have that he wouldn't waste his time reviewing garbage like this & 99 Women.
½ April 19, 2010
I love this movie. It is so bad, that's is good. It's over the top in its depiction Asian mysticism and martial arts. The whole movie screams cheap, but that is part of the charm. It has guns, ninjas, a nazi, and a ferocious lesbian. Not to mention martial art kids. It's so all over the map. A must watch for any bad movie night you might be planning.
May 30, 2009
It was A ok Action/Adventure movie, Very bad acting & story, The bad guys were very strange & stupiid & nuts on Crack, This movie as a Awsome title but it was waste of that great title.
½ June 4, 2007
It may be bad..but it's worth it to see Sho as a Ninja School flunk out code named "Lollipop"
April 3, 2007
Some good fights and terrible acting and story.
January 25, 2007
Yeah, it was VERY cheesy, but fun!