• PG, 1 hr. 40 min.

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Nine to Five (9 to 5) Reviews

Nicki M

January 20, 2008
Actually downgraded this - was worse than I remembered. The three leads are great and I liked the idea of the downtrodden office workers, but it goes too heavily into the revenge and becomes boring. I also hated the three revenge fantasies. Too long and pointless.
Anthony L

March 6, 2013
Very silly but all the better for it. I love Jane Fonda, Lily Tomlin, Dolly Parton and especially Dabney Coleman in this film. Very of its time, a time in cinema that i'm very fond of. It's a shame many new directors and makers of 'chick flicks' *shudders* don't take a page out of Nine to Five's book, films can be silly without being stupid and women can be funny!
AJ V

September 6, 2010
A fabulous chick flick! It's very funny, and the actresses are fantastic. The story is funny, and realistic too. I highly recommend this one.
erika250
erika250

June 6, 2010
I really like the plot. It was a good 80's film but the acting was little on the weak side.
movieguru12
movieguru12

April 27, 2008
Hilarious story about three women who get back at their chauvinistic boss :) Great to see Jane Fonda & Dolly Parton when they're younger :)
Spencer S

December 9, 2008
Well written with three crazy dames.
sanjurosamurai
sanjurosamurai

November 28, 2007
this was really sort of a silly movie. i actually watched this in college as a demonstration piece on how not to treat employees. it was great in serving that purpose but not alot else can be said for this flick.
Lafe F

August 11, 2007
Great comedy from 1980! Dolly, Jane and Lily have such chemistry and such antics! It's great when they kidnap their boss (Dabney Coleman).
garyX
garyX

March 22, 2007
Pseudo feminist gender politics comedy in which three female office workers get revenge on sexist pig of a boss Dabney Coleman. It's far more interesting while set in the office, the revenge plot descending into the usual witless slapstick farce. Pretty standard fare, but it's inoffensive and you'll be humming the theme tune for weeks...
Megan S

February 9, 2007
I love this movie, it is hilarious, I just can't watch it enough times, it cracks me up every time. Such a great cast.
Michael G

October 23, 2006
This movie is much better than most people give it credit for.
deano
deano

October 16, 2006
Average dark comedy... three female colleagues were quite funny by giving revenges onto their own creepy boss.
Leigh R

August 25, 2006
FUNNY!
Alec B

June 22, 2013
You know, I like the mash up of Fonda, Tomlin, and Parton I just wish the movie was as likable as they are.
xxdebxx
xxdebxx

August 20, 2010
Doralee: But Mr. Hart, I'm a married woman.

Hart: I'm a married man. That's what makes it so perfect!

Jane Fonda, Lily Tomlin and Dolly Parton are three working office women in an awful corporate world under their sexist chauvinistic boss (Dabney Coleman) who threatens to have them arrested after a misunderstanding.
Fearing the boss will call the cops on them they kidnap him and make him stay in their room. While he is gone they turn the work place around. Coleman gave a great performance as the slimy and lecherous Mr. Hart and the girls make a fantastic team as well.
A fun film that doesn't try to be anything other than what it is, and sends a message at the same time: Women are smart, don't mess with them.
zeravenyoej
zeravenyoej

April 9, 2007
Hugely entertaining woman's film from the 1980s. lol
Sarah P

January 15, 2012
I liked this a lot!! This is the embodiment of a fabulously cheesy but awesome 80's movie. I also have a new-found love for Dolly Parton.
Marcus W

October 25, 2007
What starts out as an intelligent and witty comment on womens roles in the workplace quickly decends into farce and slapstick. The three leads are great, it's just a shame that a film trying to promote equal-rights gives up and ties everything in a neat bow at the end.
Robert F

May 18, 2010
Gets off to a great start but loses its taste for revenge toward the end.
Sunil J

January 31, 2008
An awesome comedy that's so much fun.