—— Hercules Jul 25

85% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
76% You're the Worst: Season 1

A Girl Like Me: The Gwen Araujo Story Reviews

January 25, 2014
The only people who will say this movie is bad are the arrogant small minded c*nts who are the very reason this movie was made in the first place. My heart goes out to Gwen & her family ?
April 1, 2013
Seen this movie a few times now. A very moving and thought provoking film.
August 31, 2012
AGLM, crash land even before a take off. Its is what is wrong with the society; crude or no knowledge of the transgender concept. It cannibalizes the challenges of the transgender community; pushing everything the transsexuals worked for into the valley of banality.
August 26, 2012
so so so sad made me cry
August 1, 2012
i want to watch this my friend wants to see it
July 28, 2012
A very emtional and tragic story about a Transgender girl. Worth Dropping your plans to see!
June 9, 2011
I've seen this a Few Times.About a Boy who is Murdered because he wants to be Female
SantIngela
July 13, 2010
Based on a true story about Gwen Araujo, a girl born in a male body and who gets brutally murdered by 4 teenaged boys.
An excellent film which deals with the subject of transexuality. Extremely powerful performances by Mercedes Ruehl and J.D. Pardo.
A film that leaves you shaken up for days after watching it.
marazasayuli07
October 22, 2009
I loved this movie. JD Pardo is absolutely breathtaking and him and the real Gwen could actually pass as siblings. This is a movie he should feel truely proud of.. I have been trying to find it on DVD, but I havent been able to find it. If anyone has seen the DVD please let me know..
light2dark
May 9, 2009
someone in my school was like that i would be friends with him or her no madder what
boyhitscar1988
May 10, 2009
This Movie speaks to me and I Love it
If you want to see a real tear jerker look no further
kribu
May 4, 2009
Very touching story and great movie.
Sanity Assassin !

March 25, 2009
good film. aside from the worrying fact that gwen looks alot like davey havok, it's an eye-opener. i can't understand why anybody would feel the need to kill someone because of their sexual preference... i guess there's alot of prejudice. pretty much anyone slightly religious/pious or over the age of 30 can't seem to accept homosexuality. my only complaint is that it ended rather abruptly. you didn't see any of what gwen went through at the hands of those creeps and then all of a sudden she's boxed up and six feet under. maybe i'm just a nihilist and wanna see the pain and suffering. maybe sam peckinpah should've been ressurected from the grave to direct this one
kayekaye82
March 12, 2009
i love this movie...it is so sad but so good...i can watch it over and over and cry everytime:(
Stephaniecote59
January 27, 2009
Heartbreaking ,but beautiful cannot believe there is so much ignorance here in the United States still.
haras030727
January 25, 2009
this is a very good movie. where this boy new from the begining that he was supposed to be a girl and his mother doesnt like it. hes changes to a girl and ends up getting jumped and killed for who he was, his mother comes to realize that he was actually who she was supposed to be and is angry for what those people have done to her
September 28, 2008
a steller movie...i cried. go lifetime movie channel!
Megggyy
September 27, 2008
Yeah ok, so I get it, its a made for tv movie. But I really want to express how much i enjoyed this movie! I don't have much to say, just that I found it to be amazingly entertaining and interesting. I fell in love with Gwen's character, and it makes so sad to know this is a true story. This is possibly one of the best made for tv movies I've ever watched, although I don't really watch many of them. I really feel this is a must-watch, just so you can understand a transgender's life a little more I suppose.
sweetangell06
September 17, 2008
a very nice movie..with a interensting story..love it!
blackbrittney52