A Little Help - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Little Help Reviews

½ April 2, 2016
Beautifully structured film with great performances from all. I genuinely felt sympathetic towards Laura throughout. Extra half star for soundtrack - which included some tracks from Jakob Dylan.
August 2, 2014
Brilliant and terrific performance by Jenna Fischer!
July 18, 2014
Jenna Fischer proves she has what it takes to achieve big-screen stardom in this interesting character study.
½ June 2, 2014
It's a shame to see such a lovable actress in something so unlovable.
May 25, 2014
TV actors stick to the TV. This movie went nowhere. Can I please have my 2hrs of life back!
½ May 16, 2014
76%

Slightly more grounded in reality, then most its of its type.
March 3, 2014
It was ok. The ending could have been better .
July 22, 2011
Need to watch - in instant quie
½ February 28, 2014
I am glad I watched it through NetFlix. I found it had some good moments but really did not work for me.
May 28, 2013
'A Little Help' has a little bit of everything because it's smart, funny, sad and crazy at times. Leading the charge is Jenna Fischer from "The Office" who played the role of a troubled widow just trying to keep her life with her son together. Such a simple concept turned out to be quite a touching movie with great performances all round especially from Jenna. The movie did suffer from being over dramatic in some scenes but it's forgivable because it didn't take away much from the overall quality. 'A Little Help' is a good little movie.
½ January 18, 2014
The resolution of all of this was just a little too convenient . . .
November 18, 2013
I've been trying to put my finger on why I enjoyed this movie so much: It's not a polished flick, it is not a perfect script, and it is not without its flaws. A tiny, independent film, only generated about 100k at the box office, but here's the thing: Jenna Fischer was incredible, in fact, all the performances in this film, was top-notch, organic, and real. I believed in these characters, their relationships, and their conflicts, and I honestly cared about their lives and their complex, messy world. I have no doubt, after watching this film, that Jenna Fischer, is an actress that is going to break out in Oscar-worthy ways. A Little Help, is a little flick, that you'll be able to go back and say, this is where it began. I believe you can watch it for free right now on HULU, and I think it's worth a couple hours of your time.
½ October 11, 2011
This is how my gratification will be achieved tonight. Can NOT wait!!!
½ August 22, 2013
Not usually my cup of tea but this movie surprised me with it's sincerity and realness. Definitely worth seeing.
½ April 10, 2013
touching story but the ending was a bit to open ended. But still a pretty good movie. you will really feel for the main character and you watch as she grows. Jenna Fischer really gets into the role and plays it nicely. not that many critics seem to have liked it but i guess it may have been the ending.
November 14, 2011
Much too depressing for the cute girl we know and love from the Office.
December 30, 2012
This movie is about a bunch of idiots and assholes I couldn't care about. Everyone treats the "protagonist" like crap and she just keeps letting them and never learning her lesson, not even by the end. Plus, several characters make clear they think her only value is in her good looks. The movie doesn't make a compelling argument that she has much else going for her and the idiot actually encourages this behavior.
½ January 17, 2012
So, I actually really liked this. The story is pretty interesting, and I was really not expecting the big lie that gets told. It did a nice job of walking this fine line between being a drama and a dark comedy. But honestly, what makes this movie is Jenna Fischer's performance. This character is fascinating, you feel for her and you see her faults all at the same time. That she's just trying to do the right thing but she has no idea how. Overall, I really enjoyed her performance. Now, as much as I liked some characters, some of the other ones, the mom and the sister in particular, I hated just a little too much. As in I almost didn't believe that people could be that vindictive. And as for the story overall, I really liked it, it built really nicely, but then it drops off really suddenly, and you end up just waiting for the ambiguous ending. In the end, this is one to see, if anything, for Jenna Fischer's performance.
November 2, 2012
A surprisingly funny movie that doesn't quite reach the heights it seems to be aiming for, but Fischer and Benedict are more than likeable enough to carry the load of the movie.
October 20, 2012
the help this chick needs is clear at least it was 2 me she needs AA and alanon too