A Separate Peace Reviews

January 10, 2011
A bit trite, or maybe just familiar (and I liked "Dead Poet's Society" better, but I liked the scenery, and since I went to an all-girl's school, I'm a bit of a sucker for this sort of movie. Otherwise, I might have given this one an "OK" 2 stars.
May 11, 2008
I just don?t understand why there isn?t a decent movie made about this awful book. It just doesn?t make sense to me; basically every high school has to read this. They can?t make a timeless version that people will be interested in seeing so it makes the book more tolerable? It seems like a no-brainer. Either that, or education needs to be revamped as whole and the canon rethought.
January 27, 2007
The original story from which others sprang. Such as, "The Emperor's Club", "The Dead Poet's Society", and others.
February 5, 2014
Saw the earlier one starring Parker Stevenson, which I really enjoyed. Wonder if this one will measure up - rated on the low side, however.
½ August 15, 2012
Complete shit, just like the book it's based off of!
October 18, 2010
Showtime-produced adaptation of the Knowles classic. This movie is to the book as a Hungry Man frozen dinner is to haute cuisine. However, I watched this mostly for prurient reasons. Sometimes a prep school movie with shirtless young men is all one really needs. On that basis alone I'd give it 3/5 stars.