A Separate Peace Reviews

February 5, 2014
Saw the earlier one starring Parker Stevenson, which I really enjoyed. Wonder if this one will measure up - rated on the low side, however.
½ January 27, 2014
Acceptable- for a TV movie a decade ago.
½ August 15, 2012
Complete shit, just like the book it's based off of!
January 10, 2011
A bit trite, or maybe just familiar (and I liked "Dead Poet's Society" better, but I liked the scenery, and since I went to an all-girl's school, I'm a bit of a sucker for this sort of movie. Otherwise, I might have given this one an "OK" 2 stars.
October 18, 2010
Showtime-produced adaptation of the Knowles classic. This movie is to the book as a Hungry Man frozen dinner is to haute cuisine. However, I watched this mostly for prurient reasons. Sometimes a prep school movie with shirtless young men is all one really needs. On that basis alone I'd give it 3/5 stars.
May 27, 2010
Watched in my English II class and really like it but i wasnt very happy with the ending. other wise i thought it was a really good movie
½ May 4, 2009
Normally I don't read stories but this one looks like it has an understanding for me.
SarahTheMovieLover
½ March 13, 2009
Read the book of this for a school project. Personally Im not sure which I liked more. I think it might be the book just because things were explained better and more realistic. The movie itself though was alright, average all around.
May 11, 2008
I just don?t understand why there isn?t a decent movie made about this awful book. It just doesn?t make sense to me; basically every high school has to read this. They can?t make a timeless version that people will be interested in seeing so it makes the book more tolerable? It seems like a no-brainer. Either that, or education needs to be revamped as whole and the canon rethought.
½ April 22, 2008
definately not as good as the book
0z
September 23, 2007
Languages - German, English
½ May 6, 2007
I watched it and it wasnt as bad i thought..the book was pretty boring..movie is more interesting.
April 15, 2007
I remember really liking this novel but the movie was pretty slow!
January 27, 2007
The original story from which others sprang. Such as, "The Emperor's Club", "The Dead Poet's Society", and others.
January 11, 2007
i red the book but i really wanna see it, it was totally awesum and real interesting
½ January 1, 2007
As far as movies-based-on-books-I-didn't-enjoy go, it was pretty average I guess.