A Thousand Words Reviews

July 9, 2014
A super cool movie....
A fiction but some great story to learned...
People said "silent is gold"...but most of the time we take it just as saying....
Well this movie told how precious the time and value for just being silent... then start to listen and watch around
March 10, 2014
A Thousand Words had potential as a successful, meaningful comedy with a good-hearted message about the consequences of our words. But instead, Eddie Murphy screwed the whole movie. Though, it might be the script's fault as well.
January 7, 2013
For a movie that has 0% on rotten tomatoes, I really expected much much worse. Ok this isn't a great movie, by any regards. But its not the worst movie ever created. In fact its actually kind of enjoyable. I mean I laughed in a few scenes and found the theme of the movie to be surprisingly touching. Its sappy and predictable but the movie takes a unique enough spin on this theme and it makes the predictable nature of the movie less of a negative. I think the film is worth one watch. Its not a classic or anything, but its not worthy of the 0% of critics liking it.
January 24, 2014
A thousand words, or perhaps a waste of 1hr and 31mins, the film was lacking comedy and proper acting, silencing a comedy genius's voice made the film more and more painful to watch, this movie deserves the three Golden Raspberrys it was awarded with everything being the matter with it, from it's terrible jokes to the unfunny scenes, this movie adds to another boring and stale line of films from Brian Robbins, this film fails to achieve anything it was hoped to.
March 23, 2012
Eddie Murphy is brilliant as always and the movie carries a great message: Sometimes we need to shut up and listen.
March 14, 2012
Laugh? thought I'd never stop!
½ April 4, 2014
I love the entire idea of this movie. The core of this movie is so beautiful, however it can be turned into something magical and it's just bring a big disappointment to the audiences.
February 18, 2014
Leppoisa komedia. ;)
January 29, 2014
While people are sick and tired of Eddie Murphy trying to make audiences laugh through family films and comedies that don't work, for most A Thousand Words will be one of the worst movies they've ever seen, but for some its a film that has an amazing idea, a great story, a good script full of funny dialogue, a fantastic cast headed by Eddie Murphy as Jack McCall, Kerry Washington, Clark Duke, Allison Janney, Cliff Curtis and special appearances by Ruby Dee and Jack McBrayer, hilarious scenes and sequences, a dynamic pace and flow, lots of heart and a meaningful message.
January 25, 2014
While in Afganisatan I accidently saw this movie starring Eddie Murphy on Armed Forces Network. I was astonished. The normally trash talking , loud mouth persona was replaced by a serious actor in a well thought plot and uplifting story. I watched the movie and would be glad to take my family and children to see this. I am a student of history and am reminded of a similar movie that was at first ignored. It was produced in the WWII era and starred Jimmy Stewart and Donna Reed. Initially reported as a flop by the critics of the day. It is now recognized as a beloved and classic movie, "Its a wonderfull life." This movie a Thousand Words will be a lasting tribute to Eddie Murphy and is the only potential classic movie I have seen in recent times. Dont listen to the critics, see for your self. This is a wonderfull movie that will inspire you to do good and I congratulate Mr. Murphy on his role! From Afganistan LTC Bennett, US Army
January 25, 2014
Functionally strange (it has a family-film plot but adult-level humor and language) and just mechanically a mess (things happen in the plot seemingly because they just do), A Thousand Words explores nothing new and isn't particularly entertaining while doing it.
January 21, 2014
entretenida pero con chistes viejos y un mensaje banal
December 20, 2013
Could use more laughs (14) OWN BLU
January 17, 2014
A Thousand Words leaves you on your seat until the end- wondering the fate of Eddie Murphy's character- Jack McCall. The ending is heartwarming but the movie as a whole was lackluster.
½ January 16, 2014
Has one or two interesting scenes and jokes, but it's mediocre at best. Also got annoyed at the cliché of the wife being demanding and leaving with the kid as soon as the main character had a crisis, but returning as soon as the crisis was resolved.
January 14, 2014
Formula ridden, unfunny, and a movie that tries at the end to have some dramatic moments. This is one in what is becoming a long line of Eddie Murphy fails.
December 24, 2013
Zero stars. This is a movie that shouldn't exist.
December 23, 2013
I would like to see this movie.
December 22, 2013
I really don't get why people hate this movie, for me this is meaningful and i love it! really I do!