20% Transcendence Apr 18

100% Hannibal: Season 2
96% Silicon Valley: Season 1

A Time to Revenge Reviews

September 2, 2013
As humourous and ridiculous as it sounds, the only reason I actually watched A Time to Revenge is solely because its title had poor language. I did not expect to enjoy it, I expected merely a western film so cheap that they couldn't even title it properly.

The opening scene of the movie makes no sense since it introduces the theme of the Vietnam war without going anywhere from there and it isn't key to the story or continued in any way later on. And the jungle is so obviously not Vietnnam that it sets up the weak quality of film that viewers can expect from A Time to Revenge. Unfortunately, even that is misleading because from there is a meaningless story bereft of intensity or much visual stimulation whatsoever. To say A Time to Revenge is a bad film would compliment it. A Time to Revenge is a film even dumber than its poorly conceived title.
It's hilarious how fake the fight scenes are and how the same generic fight scene sound effects are used repeatedly without the actors responding as if they have been slightly injured by the blows they are delivered. The actors are just terrible. And many times in A Time to Revenge, the actors look directly at the camera or break the fourth wall in some way or another which is just completely senseless. There is no experience behind the making of A Time to Revenge, and it's not surprising.
The one thing I had hoped for from A Time to Revenge was some action, but there was actually next to none whatsoever. The first hour had none, it just had a bunch of uncompelling and generic western characters which had nothing entertaining about them or any smart dynamics for the story to chronicle. And when it did come, it was worse than I could have imagined. I don't get why the main figure on the DVD cover was holding a gun since A Time to Revenge has practically never heard of such a weapon, and when one appears on screen it is used it in some of the most cheap and pathetic ways available for the cinematic screen. The action is just terrible.
A Time to Revenge is too cheap for its own good and not bad enough to be good in a bad way. There's a reason you've never heard of it or any of its actors before. And you don't have to watch A Time to Revenge to find out why.

There is no cheap fun in A Time to Revenge, just a title worth laughing about. Have a laugh and move along without watching it. Don't make the same mistake I did.