A Company Man - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Company Man Reviews

December 1, 2015
44%
Saw this on 1/12/15
With a plot borrowed from A Bittersweet Life without any of the latter's style and a combination of boring, dull plot with mostly cliched situations, subpar acting, Company man is the worst Korean film that I have seen thus far. I don't watch many Korean films, but when I do, they will be great.
October 11, 2015
A Company Man is a tired exploitation of the Korean revenge movie genre. The synopsis is almost a copy/paste of A Bittersweet Life, and has the same main actor playing an identical type of character. The biggest difference I found is that A Bittersweet Life has an awesome soundtrack while A Company Man score is nothing but memorable. Otherwise, the ressemblance is so obvious that as the story unveiled itself, i found myself exponantially hoping I was rewatching ABSL instead.
½ August 21, 2015
Above average thriller that while not perfect, makes up for thanks to some excellent action & unrelenting plot. Jisub So is solid in the lead role while not being showy while getting great support from the rest of the cast. Behind the camera, Sang-yoon Lim crafts some fun action scenes (a knife fight on a busy highway is a highlight) while keeping the twists & deaths coming (some of which are surpising). However, he doesn't take advantage of the corporate/mafia parallels first presented, which could have been a great source of satire. Overall, a solid action film but not much more than that.
June 28, 2015
Feels like a good start to Lim making the standard Well Go films, just needs more polish in a few areas- most notably the great RED cinematography in the whole film till the final end gun fight that for some reason looks to be shot on a eng camera at 60i and never corrected for some reason. I think the story is also abit to romance-ish that feels off with the pace in places.
½ May 27, 2015
Halfway decent action movie. It's something that Jet Li or Jason Statham would do for Stateside production. The action sequences are spectacular and very well-choreographed. The plot is simple as a hitman kills someone and then befriends the family. Then he supports the family and well, does what he does best. It has veins of Leon the Professional. Hitman and other similar movies.
May 7, 2015
really good movie. dude was cold-blooded
December 8, 2014
They spent a lot of money on artificial blood on this one. But for all the carnage, this is actually quite a good film with a nice turn of plot that keeps the suspense very high. The final scenes are a bit cringeworthy for their over-the-top violence, but all in all an entertaining film.
October 17, 2014
damn this was a fantastic film. really nicely shot and the action is amazing.
March 4, 2014
Started off with a bang! But before I could recline in my chair it decided to shift from thriller to a gall darn dialogue driven drama! After an hour long snoozefest and the bullets decided to come out of hibernation it was too little too late!
February 22, 2014
One line summary: Professional assassin develops a conscience at great expense.

----------------

Hyeong-do is assigned to terminate a man. The man asks that he give a certain woman some money. He does this. The woman is someone who he knew from earlier in his life, who used to be a singer.

He finds her, gives her the money, and meets with her now and then. He puts off killing the man, but later is cornered into doing it.

He grows closer to the woman, and helps her buy a small shop. He encourages her to sing again. He decides to resign at a meeting. His company sends two others to escort him to the meeting. They were also assigned to kill him.

Throughout much of the film, he consults a disgraced former operative that the company let live for some unclear reason. He confides in this man. He decides to take the singer and her two children to a 'safe' place.

How well does that work?

-------Scores-------

Cinematography: 8/10 Good.

Sound: 8/10 The subtitles seemed to be good. Incidental music and foley were folded in nicely.

Acting: 9/10 I liked the principal actors very much.

Screenplay: 8/10 Reasonable story, well told. Loved the final revenge phase.
October 4, 2013
You are what you do.
September 6, 2013
To me, this movie has a lot of fight scenes. The music is good. The plot is very interesting.
June 29, 2013
korean action move. not bad, if you watched and enjoyed the raid you'll likely enjoy this flick.