Why John Moore?

There's a lot of talented directors in the business, why choose Moore? This guy has directed big flops such as Max Payne and so on.
Hopefully, Bruce can save him. I'd love to watch it in IMAX, let's see first if its rotten or fresh.
Kerwin Mallari
02-5-2013 04:41 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Shaun W.

Shaun Weston

Keep John Moore dafuq away from any future Die Hard projects, this movie was abysmal. I am actually angry that this movie was allowed to be shown. If I was involved in the prelim views I would just tell them to scrap it and start again, but with total overhauls in scriptwriters and direction.

Feb 28 - 09:57 AM

Kerwin Mallari

Kerwin Mallari

i bet they will. :)

Mar 3 - 12:26 AM

Tony Stark

sam varma

what more do you expect from john moore! he directed it quite well for an action movie i kinda liked the movie;3.5/5 when you have bruce willis or any other action hero, great action, hot babes,and cool cars..... who needs a good story and good acting! just enjoy it! by the way the theatre where i watched it cut the scene in the starting when the girl rides on the bike and pulls off her zip! although i saw one part of it but she wasn't wearing any bra... she was naked under so they cut the scene( not like in the trailer)

Feb 22 - 03:51 AM

Nicolaus Pramono

Nicolaus Pramono

I don't know what's wrong in this film. Everything like not well prepared. Change the director from Len Wiseman into John Moore is questionable decision until now. Len proved that he could make Die Hard accepted by new era. John Moore, unfortunately, copied it without new innovation ( in my perception ). Honestly, I hope that sixth film will be release as the good encounter for this film

Feb 14 - 04:46 AM

Kerwin Mallari

Kerwin Mallari

After knowing about a plan of fifth installment, I was boosted with excitement knowing that Wiseman can make a good one. And yes, Fox made a stupid decision.

Feb 15 - 09:21 PM

Tony Stark

sam varma

i don't even think there is gonna be a sixth one

Feb 22 - 03:52 AM

This comment has been removed.

Edgy Nyland

Edgy Nyland

Die Hard deals with terrorism, not the mafia.

Feb 16 - 07:49 AM

This comment has been removed.

Edgy Nyland

Edgy Nyland

What makes action mafioso action? Never heard that in my life.

Feb 19 - 08:24 AM

Alex Aston

Alex Aston

damn it, February 13th and RT hasn't released any reviews on the site yet, the studio definitely thinks the movies going to be a flop if they haven't released any reviews for it yet.

Feb 13 - 06:57 AM

Sean Moore

Sean Moore

Why not some new blood for these creaky dinasours? I love this series but the last one was lacking any pop from Willis. The same for the "crystal Skull" That should have been gold but it was bloated slow and never came alive like the others...Hope for the best...

Feb 12 - 01:01 AM

Will Hume

Will Hume

John Moore is a competent studio director who will deliver the movie the producers want without having a creative vision, that gets in the way. His past movies like The Omen Remake and Max Payne had a visual flare to them that will keep the franchise from seeming stale.

Feb 11 - 10:57 PM

Kerwin Mallari

Kerwin Mallari

Disagree, I believe that Max Payne is a bad film.

Feb 12 - 04:37 AM

Edgy Nyland

Edgy Nyland

Yeah, I thought Max Payne was unwatchable.

Feb 12 - 11:15 AM

Micah Berman

Micah Berman

max payne was great, what the hell was wrong with that movie? oh it's a game so lets rip on it for not being true to character.

Feb 12 - 11:53 AM

Edgy Nyland

Edgy Nyland

Micah, you again? Aren't you tired of me exposing you for the idiot you are?

Feb 12 - 01:37 PM

Valmordas

Val Mordas

Max Payne was pure shite.

Feb 14 - 11:18 AM

Valmordas

Val Mordas

I'll elaborate.. In a noirish movie about a game with eeerie dream sequences and slo-mo shooting scenes, the was no noir and barely any of the latter...

Feb 14 - 11:20 AM

BMS1234

brandon sideleau

Max Payne was terrible- no character development, bad dialogue...it was all style and no substance. This movie looks to easily be the worst Die Hard ever...by far. It looks like 97 minutes of cheesy CGI and Bruce Willis shooting non-descript bad guys. Whatever happened to having a villain as compelling as the protagonist? Whatever happened to McClane NOT being Superman and us genuinely fearing for his survival? Hell...I'd just take some good dialogue and characterization...but nope...we won't get that either! How about some competent editing? Nope. Practical effects? Bare minimum...CGI crap mostly. Die Hard, Die Hard With a Vengeance and Die Hard 2 shit on Live Free or Die Hard...and even THAT movie looks Oscar-worthy compared to this.

Feb 12 - 01:47 PM

Hunter Boyette

Hunter Boyette

McTiernan is currently in prison. It would have been nice if he could do it. I'm more worried about Skip Woods writing the script. He wrote X-Men Origins: Wolverine, GI Joe and Hitman. Why couldn't they hire a writer with a better track record?

Feb 11 - 07:48 PM

Brian Chambers

Brian Chambers

Skip Woods tanked the film already in my mind.

It's bad when the writer's best film may have been Swordfish. Guessing this is the worst Die Hard yet. By a decent margin.

Feb 12 - 04:46 AM

Kerwin Mallari

Kerwin Mallari

I definitely concur to your opinion, no review up to this time, and it's one day before it will be available in theaters. No fortune in Russia I bet.

Feb 13 - 01:21 AM

Alex Aston

Alex Aston

I'd actually agree about that, I mean what ever happened to McTiernan? I really wish he would come back and direct something, if not that Hollywood could probably get a better Director if thy were really trying. That being said they did pick Len Wisemen for Live Free or Die Hard and for me it was the worst in the franchise.

Feb 11 - 05:31 PM

Kerwin Mallari

Kerwin Mallari

It seems that 20th Century Fox wants this to be as audience friendly as possible. If they will hire a better director, it can be disregarded since critics will probably compare this to the past Die Hards. But still, getting someone like Brad Bird (who made MI4 a top-notch action flick)or Sam Mendes or whoever it is who can deliver a kick, it is worth the risk.

Feb 13 - 02:14 AM

Ben Thompson

Ben Thompson

Audience-friendly? It's actually rated R, unlike the action-packed yet out-of-place Die Hard 4

Feb 16 - 03:31 AM

Kerwin Mallari

Kerwin Mallari

what I mean is that it's more of a commercial hit, just like hansel and gretel.

Feb 24 - 06:20 PM

Find us on:                 
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile