If they make a sixth one, here's what they got to do

They have to go back to basics - Bonnie Bedelia, maybe even Reginald VelJohnson and William Atherton. Put McClane in a enclosed space (shopping mall?) and make him hurt.

But here's the key: they have to have the villain be the third Gruber brother - and only one man can play him.

Christoph Waltz. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.
D P.
D P
02-13-2013 03:45 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Jacklord Alan Keen

Jacklord Alan Keen

The director should be....
Christopher nolan?
Quentin tarantino?
idk?

Apr 18 - 06:41 PM

Nikhil Bhardwaj

Nikhil Bhardwaj

it already made 300 million there will be a 6th movie.they should hire a better writer like dredd writers and a good director such as john woo or johnie toe or the raid director

Apr 7 - 04:31 AM

Sean Moore

Sean Moore

So far so good and way more thought than these last silly films....go for it!

Mar 15 - 11:58 PM

Yves Lessard

Yves Lessard

put the family back in the finale...

Feb 17 - 05:56 PM

Diego Tutweiller

The Artist Formerly Known as Tutweiller

IT WILL BE CALLED 'OLD HABITS DIE HARD'.

Feb 17 - 04:40 PM

Seamus Oatis

Seamus Oatis

That's good.

Feb 17 - 06:09 PM

Himanshu Pant

Himanshu Pant

They should end the series. Nobody want more die hard movies except a few peoples(sorry to say but this is the truth).

Feb 17 - 05:39 AM

Jeremy Strong

Jeremy Strong

This is so incorrect it's not even funny. This franchise has a huge fan base, and it will be reflected in the ticket sales. Look at the critical consensus compared to audience response and see a very different story being told. Die Hard rules.

Feb 17 - 08:40 AM

Stacy P.

Stacy P

Hell*. F*cking auto correct.

Feb 16 - 11:33 PM

Stacy P.

Stacy P

They have him retired working for security firm in Afganhistan or Iraq. Only has the job because Holly is a the company CEO. She's held hostage he goes rogue trying to save her. Facing off against both Terrorists and the U.S. Military. John working for the CIA is brought in to try and Damage Control but is torn between his career and helping his father saving his mother. He'll pick a different country if you want invent the conflict. In the end he can tear up the Mid East or Asia. The film could be tense thriller taking place over weeks instead of one day.

Die Hard 5 should have been in India somewhere where he is truly a fish out of water.

Feb 16 - 11:32 PM

Seamus Oatis

Seamus Oatis

Wow Stacey, as a fan of the franchise, I love that idea.

Feb 17 - 06:11 PM

Stacy P.

Stacy P

Thanks! Fox should hire me to write the 6th one. I'll do it for a tenth of Mr. Woods going rate. (My grammar will also be much better than my late night not use to an iPad keyboard post.)

Feb 17 - 07:42 PM

Andre-Paul Maddox

Andre-Paul Maddox

This is actually an awesome plot. I would even through in the geek who fell for his daughter, Lucy, and through in the technology twist.

Mar 16 - 07:36 PM

Blue O.

Blue Oregon

I thought they should bring back the Matthew Ferrell character as there was some potential there. Bringing back Holly for the last one would be good as well. She hasn't been in the series since Die Hard 2. A better director and writer would help as well.

As for the setting that's going to be tough because you need to find something where people can't say "that's been done already".

IMHO Russia was a really poor choice for the setting on this one.

Feb 13 - 06:14 PM

Brenton M.

Brenton Malnofski

Your idea is definitely a good one. Unfortunately, I feel that too many people would view it as "rehash" rather than a "return to form". There should be JUST enough differences to set it aside as its own new thing, while still retaining the good ol' Die Hardisms. Kinda like Skyfall. Perfect example of a mix of some old and some new.

Feb 13 - 05:55 PM

Matt John

Matt John

How about getting a writer and director with actual filmmaking talent?? John Moore is a joke of a director.

Feb 13 - 05:29 PM

Nikhil Bhardwaj

Nikhil Bhardwaj

gareth evans is perfect for next movie as his last movie raid was good

Apr 7 - 04:39 AM

Trey M.

Trey Marksberry

Christoph Waltz - GREAT IDEA. And love the Star Wars reference.

Feb 13 - 04:07 PM

Alberto Zeeky

Alberto Zeeky

Waltz would make for a very good villian if there isn't a comedic tone that comes with him, Inglorious and Green Hornet gave him a little bit of a loopy personality mixed with psychotic. Cut the loopy, leave the psycho.

The enclosed space could work and couldn't in terms of it's a relatable territory to the McClane character but at the same time could have critics complaining that it's too much of a copycat of the first with a change of location.

But really the biggest thing is get some bloody decent writers and a good director. Those connected to those categories on this film really have just proven that they aren't qualified.

Feb 13 - 04:05 PM

D P.

D P

Tarantino would be an obvious choice because he gets such good work out of Waltz, but he would turn into a Tarantino Movie. Joss Whedon is probably too busy.

As for directors, Mctiernan is going to jail, so they'll have to get someone new.

Feb 13 - 04:25 PM

paul f.

paul freeman

Shane Black.

Feb 13 - 11:18 PM

Alberto Zeeky

Alberto Zeeky

Depending on how he handles IM3, he could actually be a very good candidate.

Feb 14 - 12:32 AM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

Shit. That does sound really cool.

Feb 13 - 04:02 PM

Matthew Preston

Matthew Preston

They could do that and call it Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2, and it could be about how Kevin James and Bruce Willis swap each other's faces, because Blart has planted a bomb in the mall, but Blart wakes up and kills everyone who knows and Willis is in this oil rig prison with not a friend in the world. Then John Travolta steals a nuke from a stealth bomber that crashes in Las Vegas with John Malkovich, Samuel Jackson and a lot of snakes on board.

Feb 13 - 03:54 PM

Diego Tutweiller

The Artist Formerly Known as Tutweiller

And Nicholas Cage flies an airplane full of fugitives into the mix.

Feb 13 - 04:37 PM

Daniel Nyari

Daniel Nyari

I love your idea for the plot and having Christoph Waltz as the villain, but I don't think the villain should be a gruber but rather a new villain like DH2 because the more members you add to the gruber family the smaller the world of the movies seem. Not bashing, you seem to have the most sense out of most people Ive seen.

Feb 13 - 03:50 PM

D P.

D P

Well, I went with Waltz first and then worked backwards from that,. I agree about the "small world" thing, and there's a problem in that why would he wait nearly 20 years? But you need a damn good Talking Killer for it to be Die Hard.

Feb 13 - 04:05 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile