13% critics liked it, 82% general public...I trust the public

Movie critics are an age old idea gone bad. We don't need them. They are horrible at reviewing films and quite frankly they almost always get it wrong. The public just needs to go to the movies and enjoy them. I can count on one hand how many movies the critics hated that I hated too. It just doesn't happen.
Michael Leonard
02-15-2013 01:28 AM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

Even though I went against my better judgement, I rented this turkey.
I totally agree with the "top critics" on this one.
It proved that the audience here at Rotten is just too damn immature to get a good honest opinion.

Aug 13 - 11:32 AM

Jaime Lannister

Jaime Lannister

you still trust the public right? or do you now think they are dumb since they disagree with you?

Aug 7 - 06:07 PM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

They are pretty DUMB

Aug 13 - 11:32 AM

Michael Mora

Michael Mora

Oh boy, this was painful to watch. Bad dialogue, crash after crash, humans dodging thousands of bullets, diving through windows with nearly a scratch.
John McClaine seems like he is stuck in someone else's movie. I was going to say, poor Bruce Willis but, he signed on to this turd.

Aug 4 - 10:50 AM

Jennifer Pierce

Jennifer Pierce

I read all the reviews and I watched it anyway. I'm not too hard to please (although I draw the line at any "Hangover" movie or anything with Will Farrell in it) and I wasn't expecting "Citizen Kane" or "Casablanca." I just wanted a little John McClane and I got it. I had fun and isn't that really why we watch movies?

Jun 28 - 06:47 PM

w@velength

In Your Dreams

Even if you weren't expecting Citizen Kane and Casablanca, it still sucked ass. Also, stop parroting those two films as examples of "the perfect movie" just to make the rest of us with good taste appear to be film snob elitists. It makes you look like an idiot.

Jul 6 - 10:13 PM

Diego Tutweiller

The Artist Formerly Known as Tutweiller

You're right. However, you are also a total fucking dick to everyone.

Jul 28 - 05:25 PM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

you aren't hard to please Jennifer

Aug 13 - 11:34 AM

Pratik Singh

Pratik Singh

audience is 44% only now...so trust them

Jun 19 - 08:52 PM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

they're idiots!

Aug 13 - 11:34 AM

Dead

Sean Bean

So now that the public also disagrees with your viewpoint, who do you "trust"?

How about you stop being a simpleton and just trust yourself. Stop caring so much about what other people think. You indignant philistine.

Jun 11 - 08:03 PM

Diego Tutweiller

You are my kind of person. Arrogant, pretentious, thinks that everyone else is the dregs of humanity. Let's go to a Wal-Mart sometime and laugh at fat people on rascals.

Jul 1 - 12:04 AM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

Sean misses his best friend who hang out there at Wallyworld.

Aug 13 - 11:36 AM

Maineutral R.

Maineutral Reviewer

Audience is at 44%

Jun 3 - 08:23 PM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

Once again the critics prove the 'audience' has it's head up it's ass.

May 29 - 01:04 PM

Sean Moore

Sean Moore

You have a point with the critics, but in this case, the critics are on the money. This is a sorry attempt to recapture the subtle magic that was the first-rate films of 1.2.3 Die Hard films. Those silly lifeless Romantic comedies that are everywhere rarely if ever get any scenes right much less an entire movie. You can compare and contrast what worked and what never did? Same here these are like Steven Segal silliness but with better production values...so sad.

Mar 15 - 11:49 PM

Sam Denyer

Sam Denyer

Only 46% now...

Mar 15 - 01:39 PM

Migs Rodriguez

Migs Rodriguez

it was okay...just felt like an action flick and not a Die Hard movie

Mar 11 - 12:05 PM

Bruce Kane

Bruce Kane

Umm, that's 49% now, guy. A disastrously low rating when you consider that it comes from folks who chose to see it and were pre-disposed to like it.

Feb 23 - 02:59 PM

Tom Carroll

Tom Carroll

the 1st 5k of fans see anything and they like it that how it gets a early 82% after a while the public speaks and the rating are what they are disappointing just like the movie

Feb 23 - 10:42 AM

Dick Travis

Mick Travis

Now only 49% of the general public liked it you fucking douchebag, so get off your high horse and shut the fuck up. Sincerely, The General Public!

Feb 23 - 09:56 AM

Jay Gag Ner

Jay Gag Ner

Critics are failed actors who never miss the chance to shit on any movie! Go see the film: make your own jugement!

Feb 22 - 07:56 AM

Chase The Lost

Chase: The Lost Trollfighter

Critics are failed actors?

Feb 22 - 11:11 AM

Dick Travis

Mick Travis

??????????????????????????

Feb 23 - 09:57 AM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

On this one, I should have trusted the 'top' critics

Aug 13 - 11:37 AM

Sean Lincoln

Sean Lincoln

I haven't seen this yet but I have seen a few of Moore's films, and I must say I'm disappointed that the producers didn't demand better. Die Hard has always been about the action, I'll say that, but it's always had a head on its shoulders too.

Feb 21 - 10:31 AM

Mike Cortez

Mike Cortez

I see movies every weekend, When you watch the movie you say it is an okay movie, but as you walk to your car and you reflect on the movie your opinion of the movie decreases The movie is kind of a dud. I think if the movie focused more on "Bruce Willis" the movie would have been better. You sort of feel like they are trying to make his son start the "Diehard"series.

Feb 20 - 08:41 PM

Tony Stark

sam varma

I agree! this happens with the most movies I see almost every week! but not with this movie... I still kinda like this movie with 3.5 stars! however this happened with me for hansel and Gretel(3 stars)

Feb 22 - 05:48 AM

w@velength

In Your Dreams

I am part of the public and I hated this movie. There goes your big argument, tardblog.

Feb 20 - 08:27 PM

Jeff P.

Jeff Walken

You don't represent 82% of the public, dipshit.

Feb 21 - 01:21 PM

Gary Devenport

Gary Devenport

It's at 50% now. That 82 is long gone.

Feb 21 - 07:04 PM

D P.

D P

And 50% of the public votes is almost as bad as the 16% from critics.

Feb 21 - 07:20 PM

Jeff P.

Jeff Walken

Hey, I don't care what the percentage is, I just wanted to clear something up with In Your Dreams.

Feb 21 - 07:47 PM

Ivan Krizanac

Ivan Krizanac

From now on i will trust the critics. Sometimes they are wrong, but the 82% who liked this movie obviously don't have a brain what-so-ever. If i had listened to the critics, i would have saved $13 and actually have a comfortable place to sleep........

Feb 20 - 01:57 PM

David Ledford

David Ledford

So anyone that disagrees with your opinion of this movie doesn't have a brain?

Feb 21 - 03:47 PM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

David, you are now known as an idiot

Sep 1 - 03:32 PM

Magic Mike

Mulholland Driver

What,you weren't give enough warning with 'hards 2-4?
What were you expecting?

Feb 21 - 05:46 PM

Ivan Krizanac

Ivan Krizanac

I don't remember one thing that put me to sleep easier than this movie. The first action scene was exciting, but if the whole movie is non-stop action and shooting, and the predictability is so simple, the movie is a HUGE waste of my money (and it was).

It's not the characters in the movie, it's the fact that non-stop action overshadows the plot and makes the movie VERY boring. I like to watch real action movies like Bourne Ultimadum, but this movie is a movie for people that simply don't even know what a movie is.

Feb 20 - 01:50 PM

Tony Frederick

Tony Frederick

I suspect that if George Clooney or Matt Damon was the star of this movie, the critics would have swooned over it. They dont like Bruce's politics.

Feb 20 - 11:37 AM

Matthew Preston

Matthew Preston

I don't even know what Die Hard's politics are, and I hated the movie.

Feb 20 - 12:02 PM

Matthew Preston

Matthew Preston

I don't even know what Die Hard's politics are, and I hated his latest movie.

Feb 20 - 12:05 PM

Diego Tutweiller

Yeah, I think that's kind of far-fetched. Just because Clint Eastwood yelled at a chair for 45 minutes doesn't mean that The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly is in any way a lesser film. Judge actors by their acting, not their politics.

Feb 20 - 12:33 PM

David G.

David Gee

Diego, I don't think it's fair to go back in time with Eastwood (and by the way, I've never seen The Good The Bad And The Ugly and I know I really should). You have to go to any movie he made since he did...whatever that was he did.

Anyway, his next film of course was Trouble With The Curve and it didn't get panned even though it looked like a colossal bore in the previews.

Feb 20 - 06:45 PM

Gary Devenport

Gary Devenport

There are such things as conservative film critics too.

Feb 21 - 07:05 PM

Diego Tutweiller

Well, you can judge him however you want now, but I think he's had a long and great career in film. Just like Charlie Sheen's off-set antics should be overlooked in favor of his solid performance in Platoon.

Jun 14 - 01:18 PM

Justin Daugherty

Justin Daugherty

I don't know if you noticed, but critics were praising Bruce Willis and bashing the script.

Feb 20 - 01:25 PM

D P.

D P

Nothing to do with his politics. Arnold's a republican and his last movie got better reviews than this.

Feb 21 - 07:19 PM

Bruce Kane

Bruce Kane

Reviewers tended to loooove Looper, remember? And if you actually read the reviews for this movie you'll see that many are from admitted fans of the series who are disappointed to see it come to such a sorry end(?).

Feb 23 - 03:05 PM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

Looper was terrible!

Sep 1 - 03:35 PM

David G.

David Gee

Personally, I'm not one to blindly agree with critics (I don't think "Django Unchained" and "Zero Dark Thirty" were as great as they're made out to be), but I'll value and take their opinions over "user reviews" any time.

There are a lot of terrible movies that the critics are going to pan but that people who lack good taste in film will flock to, and no matter how bad it is they'll still say it was good, thus a high user review score. Hell, I'd bet even "Jaws 4" has a good user review score.

And let's be honest, a lot of the users reviewing aren't bright people. Look at the comments on this page in support of this movie, basically "Things go BOOM!". I'm supposed to trust those people instead of those who make their living studying film and looking at all the nuances that go into a film. Right or wrong, at least the critics are making an effort to tell me why a movie is good or bad as opposed to a user puckering his lips like a monkey and saying "Things go BOOM!"

Feb 19 - 10:42 PM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

I got to pretty much agree with you on this.

Sep 1 - 03:37 PM

Jamie Rowan

Jamie Rowan

Biggest load of crap ive seen in a long time, i think the general public are nearly as stupid as the script!

Feb 19 - 05:16 PM

Ivan Krizanac

Ivan Krizanac

waste of my $

Feb 20 - 01:52 PM

Justin Daugherty

Justin Daugherty

Correction, YOU don't need them. Just because they hate movies that YOU love doesn't make them an age old idea that needs to be gotten ride of. And even if they hate a movie, did it ever occur to you to actually read the reviews to see WHAT they hated about a movie so you can say "that doesn't bother me. I'll go see it"?

The whole idea behind critics is for the them to tell us what we can expect when we buy the product, not whether or not the product is inherently bad or good (which is not possible). Meanwhile, whether or not something is popular tells me absolutely nothing about whether I'm going to like it or not. And even if you ask the public what they thought about it, they rarely can put their opinions into as much detail as critics.

Feb 19 - 01:42 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

If you hate critics, why are you here? Shithead

Feb 19 - 12:43 PM

Himanshu Pant

Himanshu Pant

82% public liked it. It means that it is a entertaining movie. Fuck critics.

Feb 19 - 02:59 AM

David G.

David Gee

Here's your problem, though: it isn't 82 percent of the general public, it's 82 percent of those who like awful films. So this movie was so bad that 18 percent of those who like awful films thought this film sucked.

Feb 20 - 06:39 PM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

Himanshu.......you can just sit on Lee Augusta's face. You fit each other.

Sep 1 - 03:39 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

Who's "Lee Augusta"?

Sep 27 - 02:01 PM

Diego Tutweiller

Don't trust the critics OR the audience.

Feb 18 - 09:40 PM

Karen Copen

Karen Copen

I couldn't agree more. It's hard to believe that a movie critic has any type of joy in his or her life. Most of the movies I loved were poorly rated by critics. You're right, we don't need them.

Feb 18 - 04:21 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

Then why are you on a website about critics, you idiot?

Feb 19 - 12:39 PM

Dan Everett

Dan Everett

What crawled up your ass this morning, pal?

Feb 19 - 01:11 PM

Chase The Lost

The parasitic insect known as "truth." Lee's right.

Feb 20 - 07:34 AM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

Lee, take it on the hop with your friend Dayman

Sep 1 - 03:41 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

Still butthurt over the Cloud Atlas ass-whooping?

Sep 27 - 02:00 PM

Ryan Moran

Ryan Moran

Here is the problem with action movies and romance movies like safe haven. Critics generally frown upon it if it doesn't have a good plot/story while the public will like it just for the action or romance. Movies like these have a good shot of having the public like it, but not the critics.

Feb 18 - 12:38 PM

Andy F.

Andy Frederick

Others have made an important point, so I'll repeat it. The people who see the latest Die Hard are the people who expect to like it. Whereas most critics will see Die Hard regardless of their expectations, because it's their job to see the popular movies. So it's meaningless that 82% of the public liked it while 87% of critics didn't. Not only does this "discrepancy" mean that the critics got it wrong, but it might just mean that they got it right. Maybe the movie gets such a high rating from non-critics because the critics steered away everyone who wasn't interested in seeing an idiotic action movie? In other words, your entire argument is invalid because the premise is flawed.

Feb 18 - 12:35 PM

Chase The Lost

Your 2 posts are some of the smartest things I've read on this site.

Feb 18 - 01:12 PM

Andy F.

Andy Frederick

Critics are not supposed to predict what the public will like. They're supposed to tell you what they thought. And there's no way to get that wrong. It's not their fault that the public is composed of morons who can't tell a good movie from a bad movie.

The public likes crap like the Transformers and Twilight series. If more people listened to critics, Hollywood wouldn't keep giving us such garbage. Now you might say that as long as people enjoy a movie, that's all that matters. Well, that's all that matters if you have no taste, and if all you need from an action movie is explosions. I mean, if a person likes the taste of dirt, I guess that's okay for them. But does that mean there's no place for food critics?

I'm not a movie snob. I loved the original Die Hard. It got right what a lot of modern action movies get wrong. Chiefly, John McClane was a real person. He wasn't an emotionless super hero. And it didn't suffer from the mistaken belief that excitement is a product of chaos and explosions. Excitement is a product of pacing, anticipation, character development, consequences... and sometimes explosions. But you need those other things even more than you need explosions. A scene in which something MIGHT explode but doesn't is often more exciting than a scene in which something explodes. Most action movies today don't get that. Most action movie audience members don't get that.

I certainly don't agree with the critical consensus all of the time. I did not like Life of Pi. I was so-so on Warm Bodies. I didn't like Paranorman. But I LOVED Silver Linings Playbook.

No one should just automatically see what the critics say is good. You're supposed to listen to what they're saying. A good review can let you know that you would not like a movie even if the critic loved it. And vice versa.

Feb 18 - 12:25 PM

Tony Frederick

Tony Frederick

Well this member of the Frederick clan thoroughly enjoyed the new Die Hard movie AND the Life of Pi. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. haha, just kidding, you made good points but I did like the movie. It was entertainment, nothing more, nothing less. And that is why I to to the movies.

Feb 20 - 11:34 AM

David Ledford

David Ledford

You make some valid points. Where you went wrong was insulting the general public, that is what makes you the movie snob. Here is the thing, you think that Transformers and Twilight are "crap". I am not disagreeing with you although I wouldn't use the word crap I would just say that they aren't my thing, but here is the kicker....that's okay they don't have to be because I am not going to spend my money on them. They can continue to make those movies all they want, why would I care? I see the movies I want to see and I stay away from the movies I don't want to see. Movie snobs are they types that insult others (calling people morons, etc.) because they like a "different" type of movie then they do.

Feb 22 - 05:22 PM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

David, you have a problem calling shit crap? Why beat around the bush? Shit is shit and Hollywood holds the trophy on shit this summer.

Sep 1 - 03:44 PM

Raphael Deutsch

Raphael Deutsch

this movie was a shitbag of awful. Not a die hard movie, not even a good action movie.

Feb 18 - 08:48 AM

Eric Van der Veken

Eric Van der Veken

...and in the end the only thing that counts is.....did you enjoyed the movie, that's what movies are about, not what another has to say about it. For me not every movie needs to be intelligent or have a great storyline, i also can enjoy a "simple" movie.

Feb 18 - 05:05 AM

TrentGrad

Rob K

I keep wondering...at what point will Bruce Willis move on from these kinds of films. I mean, they gotta be getting a little bit redundant at this point, don't you think? Granted "RED" was very witty...and I am looking forward to that sequel. However it's hard for me to root for a guy who is in Russia to save his adult son...who is busy killing Russians in their own country!!! I got that out of the plot summary I read.

Feb 17 - 10:38 PM

Tony Frederick

Tony Frederick

You might want to watch a movie before reviewing it.

Feb 20 - 11:35 AM

Patrick Fairchild

Patrick Fairchild

Anybody is entitled to their own opinion. Unfortunately, most films these days are judged by what critics said. The audiences' response too a film should count equally as a critic's.

Feb 17 - 10:29 PM

Rooze Ruiyaz

Rooze Ruiyaz

Well i'd say if you are an action junkie you might just enjoy this movie but i gotta say it was not a good movie this one

Feb 17 - 09:58 PM

SoonMeng Leow

SoonMeng Leow

spot on !!!

Feb 17 - 07:48 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

Moron

Feb 19 - 12:40 PM

Tyler Levy

Tyler Levy

Trust the public on this one. This is an action packed and very funny addition to this great series

Feb 17 - 06:38 PM

Devan Meeder

Devan Meeder

I am almost certain that general public score will drop after few months and especially after it hits home video, Taken 2 and Thats my Boy had high audience scores when it first came out and then once it hit dvd/bluray both scores when down drastically to a rotten score. Im not saying this is a bad film I have not seen it yet but I would say wait tell the film comes out on home video and wait for more reviews to come in.(A good day to die hard has only over 27,000 people reviewing it and taken 2 and thats my boy have over 112,000 people reviewing it)

Feb 17 - 06:01 PM

Devan Meeder

Devan Meeder

And it already dropped to rotten score after one week. Yeah I knew this was case that the first people who went saw this had there mind made up were going to like it no matter what regardless how many flaws the film has. This happen with Transformers 2 as well.

Feb 21 - 08:47 PM

Glenn Griffith

Glenn Griffith

Take all critic negatives with a grain of salt. Bruce supports the constitution and its ammendments...critics are entertainment industry bitches. Even the alot of the public negatives are probably due to his politics just like some of the positives. In any case...13% critics verses 82% public. Trust the public, they are infinitely more intelligent. My view, and the view of most thinking people i suspect is that it was a good action movie, but only a fair die hard movie.

Feb 17 - 05:41 PM

Tony Frederick

Tony Frederick

Totally agree with all of your points.

Feb 20 - 11:36 AM

Brian Harris

Brian Harris

Umm, most critics have been praising Bruce's performance, and take issue with the script. So the whole politics argument doesn't work.

Feb 20 - 06:58 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

This is true that the critics are awful, but this movie was awful as well. Did you see it?

Feb 17 - 04:50 PM

KK Vouthy

KK Vouthy

Very true.

Feb 17 - 04:16 PM

Simon Douglas

Simon Douglas

I really enjoyed this film, for me it was almost symbolic as the character of John McLain passed the reins to the character John Genero. I thought the film was clever and like other Die Hard film it made me laugh, I was impressed with the effects, and and a college literally just learning about camera angles and moving shot I was happy. I am a member of the public and I think the public are correct in this case.

Feb 17 - 03:34 PM

Simon Douglas

Simon Douglas

I really enjoyed this film, for me it was almost symbolic as the character of John McLain passed the reins to the character John Genero. I thought the film was clever and like other Die Hard film it made me laugh, I was impressed with the effects, and and a college literally just learning about camera angles and moving shot I was happy. I am a member of the public and I think the public are correct in this case.

Feb 17 - 03:34 PM

Kevyn Grosso

Kevyn Grosso

The critics are wrong about this one. This was the best Die Hard behind the first one. This movie had non stop action from start to finish! That is why it is called an action movie! Go with thpublic oinion on this one.

Feb 17 - 02:24 PM

Diego Tutweiller

You are literally too stupid to insult.

Feb 17 - 02:31 PM

Carl Billadeau

Carl Billadeau

I don't know who goes to a Die Hard movie and doesn't expect explosions, cars crashing, helicopters crashing, bullets flying everywhere, and shit getting destroyed. This movie 100% delivered. The critics are garbage.

Feb 17 - 12:40 PM

Dick Travis

Mick Travis

We also expect a well-written screenplay complete with developed characters and good dialogue. Blowing shit up doesn't mean its awesome and the critics are garbage you fucking whiner.

Feb 17 - 01:24 PM

Carl Billadeau

Carl Billadeau

I'm whining? It seems like you're the one that's whining. I enjoyed the movie. Simply saying the critics are garbage (something that everyone knows) is not whining. Pull the majority of great action classics out there and 90% of the time you are not going to find developed characters and good dialogue. You are kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Feb 21 - 01:00 PM

David G.

David Gee

Carl: "What do all dat mean?"

Feb 20 - 06:40 PM

Wendall Short

Wendall Short

my wife and Iwent to see it on valentines

Feb 17 - 10:25 AM

Chase The Lost

......and?

lol were you going to share your opinion or just give us useless facts?

Feb 17 - 11:14 AM

Wendall Short

Wendall Short

My wife and I went

Feb 17 - 10:24 AM

gfrost5

Stephen frostStephenFrost

by public demand die hard is back and not by the critics demand and they are the ones who pay for the tickets and fill the cinemas and help to pay for the sequels and or prequels ! .end of .yours with respect always a die hard fan xo.

Feb 17 - 09:37 AM

Michael Smith

Michael Smith

When I saw the previews of this film I couldn't wait to see it....I left feeling cheated and disappointed. Confusing story...Hard to understand the "Russians" No real character development, DUMB MOVIE...Shame on you Bruce Willis for signing on to such a pitiful unrealistic script. Oh yeah someone might want to tell you that walking around at Chernobyl (especially in a t-shirt) wont be safe for at least another 125 years...

Feb 17 - 01:12 AM

JC Martel

JC Martel

Oh yeah, because as we all know, the mainstream masses are so, so smart...

Feb 17 - 12:04 AM

pat

Pat S.

Hipster

Feb 17 - 09:04 AM

Chase The Lost

He's right, Pat.

Feb 17 - 10:21 AM

Glen Haywood

Glen Haywood

I saw the movie first, before reading the reviews, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I suspect many people ragging on the movie here were trying to appear "relevant" by agreeing with the critics. Create your own relevance!! The movie had very interesting and creative action scenes, reminiscent of the Skyfall opening sequence. The pace is quick, as it should be, and there are interesting plot twists. Bullets fly, bad guys die, helicopters crash, cars, cars, and more cars are destroyed in spectacular fashion. What's not to like?? Incidently, as a frame of reference, I saw Arnie's new action movie, Last Stand. I wanted to like it but didn't. Welcome back, Officer McClain!!

Feb 16 - 10:31 PM

Michael Smith

Michael Smith

if all I went to see is car crashes, helicopters crashing, and bullets flying with people dying I can turn on the LA news. There has to be a story line that is plausible. I could have written this script on the back of a napkin at McDonald's waiting on my Big Mac.

Feb 17 - 01:16 AM

Michael Smith

Michael Smith

if all I went to see is car crashes, helicopters crashing, and bullets flying with people dying I can turn on the LA news. There has to be a story line that is plausible. I could have written this script on the back of a napkin at McDonald's waiting on my Big Mac.

Feb 17 - 01:18 AM

Michael Smith

Michael Smith

Feb 17 - 01:20 AM

Jeremy Strong

Jeremy Strong

Glen is on the mark, Die Hard 5 delivered despite what the critics think. These films don't take themselves as seriously as the critics seem to and the fans have always known that. If a storyline has to be plausible, then how do you explain superhero films period, which are far more popular and also far worse (most of them) than Die Hard? What is remotely Plausible about any of them?

Feb 17 - 08:47 AM

David Ledford

David Ledford

The problem is that John McClain is nowhere to be found in this movie. McClain hasn't been seen since "With A Vengence". Maybe it's the rookie directors that are being hired that are afraid to tell Mr. Willis what to do, but they guy in these movies isn't the same guy we all fell in love with. I love action and car chases and all of that too. But I want to see McClain.

Feb 20 - 06:09 AM

Himanshu Pant

Himanshu Pant

Public >>>>> Critics

Feb 16 - 10:27 PM

Chase The Lost

false

Feb 17 - 10:20 AM

atthemovies

Paul Arnold

I hated this boring and stupid movie. I saw it with a friend of mine who really wanted to see it and even he thought it pure garbage. This franchise needs to "Die" - period!

Feb 16 - 08:59 PM

Brian Sorensen

Brian Sorensen

It will be interesting to see by age demographic who liked this movie and who didn't. All I know is I saw the first film of this once great franchise TEN times in the theater and now I'm just lamenting I saw the latest one ONCE. This came to mind since some teenagers and 20 somethings were whooping and hollering and saying the movie was AWESOME later and realized...crap, they weren't even BORN when the first one came out in '88...

Feb 16 - 06:31 PM

Brian Sorensen

Brian Sorensen

It will be interesting to see by age demographic who liked this movie and who didn't. All I know is I saw the first film of this one great franchise TEN times in the theater and now I'm just lamenting I saw the latest one ONCE. This came to mind since some teenagers and 20 somethings were whooping and hollering and saying the movie was AWESOME later and realized...crap, they weren't even BORN when the first one came out in '88...

Feb 16 - 06:28 PM

Christopher256G

Christopher Greffin

Critics > public. Not that I necessarily think critics are always right, but the public can be morons. And that 82% will definately fall, for what it's worth (which isn't very much).

Feb 16 - 11:26 AM

Diego Tutweiller

Here's the thing: The audience is a larger swath of people, seeing as... well... there's thousands of millions of them. However, the critics are just a few. So judging by that, the critics are wrong and the audience is right. But a critic will go see a movie they don't expect to enjoy, while the audience only sees movies they want to. Therefore, the only people giving A Good Day to Die Hard an 82% are action junkies (like myself) who love the Die Hard franchise. But if you want a wider range of opinions, you have to go with the critics.

Feb 16 - 11:17 AM

Nuschler

Helen O Kekai

Diego...Thousands of millions are billions..So much for our education system. I do know that I saw Willis on the Jimmy Fallon late night show and he was so boring, Jimmy was doing everything possible to get anything out of Willis. He just sat there and said a few lame words. I have a feeling that this movie is exactly the same way... The fourth movie was really horrible. I'm pretty sure that I will go out of my way to miss this one! Yippie-Ki-Yay!

Feb 16 - 06:31 PM

Patrick Harnois

Patrick Harnois

The fourth one was the best one since the first. I'm tired of people acting like Live Free wasn't a good movie.

Feb 16 - 09:44 PM

Glen Haywood

Glen Haywood

I agree Patrick...Live Free was far better than 2 and 3.

Feb 16 - 10:35 PM

Diego Tutweiller

Yes... there are seven billion people on the planet. Therefore, the audience for movies is billions of people. Good job 'correcting' me... I have to know, did you actually not know the population of Earth, or did you misinterpret my comment as saying that billions of people went to see Die Hard Five? Either way, you're wrong.

Feb 17 - 02:33 PM

Chase The Lost

Lol Diego, are you as dumbfounded by this woman as I am?

Feb 17 - 03:08 PM

Diego Tutweiller

Yeah, I'm just waiting for a response now...

Feb 17 - 04:26 PM

Jaryn LaFiore

Jaryn LaFiore

The film is fantastic, most people like it, becuase most people expect cheesy overthe top action movie , anyone who doesn't like it has film snob mode activated

Feb 16 - 11:04 AM

Dick Travis

Mick Travis

Use proper grammar and spelling, please moron.

Feb 16 - 01:45 PM

William Nellis

William Nellis

You have two options, here. You could have properly said, "Use proper grammar and spelling, please. Moron." -or- "Use proper grammar and spelling, please, moron." However, the way you chose to express it is, oddly enough, incorrect. Make sure you get yourself squared away before attacking other people. You're welcome.

Feb 16 - 05:07 PM

Ray Wilson

Ray Wilson

Well don't be throwing false dichotomies at the guy!

Feb 16 - 05:21 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

Or just has taste, dumbfuck

Feb 19 - 12:41 PM

Geraldo Gallardo Trujillo

Geraldo Gallardo Trujillo

This film is shit, i agree with critics and i'm not even 21 years old you numb.

Feb 16 - 09:26 AM

Simon Vallée

Simon Vallée

^this man speaks the truth. Awful, AWFUL movie. It's like a Die Hard parody that forgot the jokes. There is no interesting character in the mix, the plot makes no sense, pacing is inconsistent, McClane has become a hollow cliché for all action stars ever (shoot machine gun, spout one-liner, crash cars, spout one-liner, rinse, repeat). McClane is unrecognizable in this, you could have named the character anything else and nobody would have been able to figure out that this was supposed to be a Die Hard movie.

I liked Live free and Die Hard, but this one is pathetic.

Feb 16 - 12:51 PM

James Dancey

James Dancey

Critics agree with the public around 70% of the time, however, I don't really value their opinion or would attach any relevance to what they say, I'll decide what they like

Feb 16 - 09:23 AM

Nuschler

Helen O Kekai

Bruce Willis depends on people such as you James...Screw the critics! I want to pay $15 for an idiotic movie because I SAY SO! Dumb! Bruce Willis has turned into a troll.

Feb 16 - 06:33 PM

Herminia Valdez

Herminia Valdez

I belong to the general public. Movies are made for me. Critics write their stuff for me. If a critic contradicts me, he becomes irrelevant. Producers make film to make money. That money comes from me. In other words I RULE. And the critics are there just for my added amusement.

Feb 16 - 09:17 AM

Nuschler

Helen O Kekai

"I rule?" No you don't rule...You took good money and wasted it on a stupid movie and now you want to declare your independence from critics!! Dumb, dumb, dumb. Willis understands the comment: "Never underestimate the low IQ of Americans" as he rides off into the sunset 20 million dollars richer.

Feb 16 - 06:36 PM

Glen Haywood

Glen Haywood

Wow, Helen, chill...It is only a movie!! No reason to call people names because they disagee with you. Also, by your own admission you haven't even seen the movie!! Do you rate all movies using this "no see" method??

Feb 16 - 10:42 PM

Jeremy Strong

Jeremy Strong

Helen, if you loathe pop culture so much, why do you spend any time in a forum arguing about it? LOL. And for real, what value is your input if you know nothing about the movie and the topic is critics vs. public? I can tell you, that often times the way critics react to a film is more politically motivated than based on the content of a film. Many of these critics write the bulk of their review in advance, then add a few lines after seeing the film. Seems like a method you might approve of :(

Feb 17 - 08:54 AM

Diego Tutweiller

Okay, this Helen person has only commented four times here, and she's already pissing me off more than Geordie Newlands, Matthew Preston, and Movie 34 combined. And that is saying A LOT.

Feb 17 - 02:39 PM

Chase The Lost

Helen is an idiot.

Feb 17 - 03:03 PM

Kenneth Elliott

Kenneth Elliott

"[critics] are horrible at reviewing films and quite franky they almost always get it wrong. The public just needs to go to the movies and enjoy them."

A good idea, in theory. But it won't work because there are mandatory movies that guys like to put down. Twilight, for example. The hatred around this series, to the joy of masculine audiences, stems from critics' harsh judgment, and haters' mutual agreement. And Twilight fans are not allowed to enjoy their films; they are bashed and called inferior.

Feb 15 - 09:07 PM

Diego Tutweiller

To be honest, I lost respect for the critics when they gave Hugo a 94%. But I lost respect for the audience when they fell head over heels for Avatar. You can't really accurately judge a movie based on RT's reviews, you have to see it for yourself.

Feb 15 - 09:01 PM

Chase The Lost

It's true. I think Avatar is one of the most overrated films of all time.

Feb 16 - 07:50 AM

Nuschler

Helen O Kekai

@Diego...I lost your respect? OMG! Shoot me now! You are a true narcissist! Why do you even come to this website if you have no respect for critics OR audience? Just like to see your name in print?

Feb 16 - 06:38 PM

Chase The Lost

What the hell are you talking about?

Feb 17 - 01:55 PM

Diego Tutweiller

Helen, I'm just saying that the only opinion that really matters is your own. This website is all about voicing your personal opinion. That's why when you write dumbass retorts like that one, you don't get booted off the site.

Oh, if only...

Feb 17 - 02:35 PM

Adam Stull

Adam Stull

critics don't seem to know anything. they give some of the crappiest movies good reviews, because they think they are artsy. last time i checked the real success of a movie is if the general public likes it not some over paid sometimes bribed critics.

Feb 15 - 08:31 PM

Chase The Lost

Says the man who is signed up on a website dedicated to critic reviews. Give me an example of your crappy movies that obtain solid reviews because they are "artsy."

Feb 16 - 07:51 AM

Sergio Morales

Sergio Morales

When people pay for an overpriced ticket, they will try very hard to like a movie so as to not feel they wasted their money. With this movie, I believe the critics 100%, because I know that the integrity of this series is completely gone. John McClane no longer exists, but instead Bruce Willis as John Doe in generic overly CGI'd cliched action movie who is just doing it for his fat paycheck. Plus, the general public are morons who will find any turd entertaining, that even the WORST movies will still get at least a 50% approval rating. I mean gosh, log onto amazon and look up the worst movies, they still have an average rating of at least 4 out of 5 stars. While I do agree that sometimes critics overly analyze movies and sometimes very good movies get bad reviews, I think this one is the exception. Die Hard is the original trilogy from the 80s and 90s. The 4th and 5th are just a trash cash-in with the once great "Die Hard" name slapped on to attract audiences.

Feb 15 - 05:54 PM

Justin Krickovich

Justin Krickovich

This movie was seriously so terrible! The script was awful. I could easily tell that this script was rushed. Everything about that script was garbage. The dialogue was so bad. Willis's remarks felt like they were forced in, not clever and thought out. His son felt like a forced in character too. Terrible plot twists. I hated that car chase too. STOP ZOOMING! Give us some awesome quick different angles. The lame dues ex machina too. Plus give me some beautiful wide shots of Moscow... The Town gave me plenty of Boston! Just a small vent after wasting my money on this rushed out and forced out garbage.

Feb 15 - 05:23 PM

D P.

D P

I thought the movie wasn't bad, but I can see the critics' point: McClane is *not* vulnerable in this one. He's just superhuman Bruce Willis. And the shaky cam is horrible.

But audience scores are self-selective: people who want to see a movie are likely to give it a better rating. The fact that it's been only out for a day means that the 82% is likely inflated.

Feb 15 - 03:15 PM

Joffrey Leyn

Joffrey Leyn

critics have never made a movie successfull .... public did !!! public turned Star Wars into a success story (at the time star wars came out, it was badly reviewed by the critics !!) .... "the godfather" has been made a succes by the public ... "Die Hard" has been made a success by the public, I don't mind critics, they do what they must do and that's .... critize, personally never have I taken in count critics in my choice to go see or not see a movie ..... so I always think it's pretty pretentious to take the public for dumb "sheep" when they go see (or like) a movie that a certain person doesn't like .... I'm sure everyone has movies he likes that are generally badly reviewed by critices, hell, I know I have a lot!!!

Feb 15 - 03:00 PM

D P.

D P

Star Wars actually got quite good reviews.

As for Godfather, um, check out the Tomatometer on that one.

Feb 15 - 03:13 PM

Joffrey Leyn

Joffrey Leyn

I didn't say "critics" reviewed badly "the godfather", my point is that it is "us", the audience, the public who made those movies big successes, let's be real, if "the godfather" had even a 100 % positive reviews from the critcs, but no one had gone to see it, nowadays we wouldn't talk about that movie any more (I must say that "the godfather" is my all time, absolute, untouchable, number 1 movie !!! :) ) , but it's the audience that ultimately decides what works or not, and not the critics .... as I said, they have a use (though personally as I said, I don't care much for critics, I prefer make my own opinion) ... sure nowadays critics on "Star wars" are excellent, when it came out, it wasn't all so enthousiastic among critics and studio executives .... I don't always agree with what the "public" makes a big success, nonetheless I don't call them "dumb sheep" because they make a success out of a movie I don't like

Feb 16 - 01:15 AM

D P.

D P

Sorry, but that's bull. The Godfather was seen by everybody at least in part because of the critics. And Star Wars has a 93% Tomatometer score - 5 critics are listed as panning it. There is no truth to the idea that it was widely panned by critics.

Oh, and where do these critics call the public "dumb sheep."

Feb 16 - 07:28 AM

Chase The Lost

You're right, DP.

Feb 16 - 07:53 AM

Joffrey Leyn

Joffrey Leyn

well whatever .... "star wars" was indeed an announced success .... just as "the godfather" ... and that is all just thanks to the critics ... (for the "dumb sheep", I did not say critics call the public "dumb sheep", just look around on all those threads and you'll find it quoted hundreds of time that people are just "dumb sheep" unable to think for themselves and go see every movie the studio wants them to see) ... I'll thank God in my prayers tonight for having given us movie critics, without whom we would never have gone to see "the godfather" or "star wars" or whatever, they are the ones opening our eyes

Feb 16 - 09:41 AM

Chase The Lost

Yeah, but you said before that the public makes a movie successful and not the critics. Now, you say the exact opposite. Lol I'm really confused as to what you're trying to say here.

Feb 16 - 09:50 AM

Joffrey Leyn

Joffrey Leyn

forgive me for being stupid and not being able to think for myself (probably one of the reasons I need critics to tell me what to go see ;) ) ... I'd love to be so intelligent as you, but that's not the case, I will try to live with that

Feb 16 - 09:58 AM

Chase The Lost

I'm not saying you're not thinking for yourself nor am I trying to be snide. I'm actually interested in what you have to say but it's difficult for me follow your train of thought after your contradictions. However, if you choose to be sarcastic, then there's nothing more I can do.

Feb 16 - 10:46 AM

James Tracy

James Tracy

There are plenty of independent movies brought into light by critics. Just as there are critic proof movies like transformers. And the public is dumb sheep. Why do you think the studios pump out sequel after sequel? Because the public flocks to 'em

Feb 16 - 11:42 AM

David G.

David Gee

Except that people like whoever started this thread never thought of that, or of...thoughts for that matter.

Feb 19 - 10:30 PM

joffreyleyn

joffrey leyn

actually if you want to know, I run a movie theater (a small one, only 2 screens in a small town) and I know most of my clients and talk regularly with them, all I can say is that NOT once a client told me he didn't come see a movie due to bad critics he read, or NOT once a client came to see a movie he didn't plan to come see because he read good critics about it, my whole point is that the impact of critics on movie successes have been very small, and ultimately the public, the audience, and that is "us", decide which movie will be successfull, "word of mouth" is a much more powerfull ally or enemy of a movie then critics, and I find it very denigrating to say that audience are just "dumb sheep" just because they happen to like a movie that doesn't suit ones own choices and likes, depending on my mood I can enjoy a dumb mindless action movie, as on another moment I can enjoy a comedy ... a horror movie ... a drame ... it depends on the mood, but I can enjoy all of them, such as the major part of the audience

Feb 16 - 02:59 PM

Chase The Lost

Look, dude...I can't really be kind about this anymore. I tried so hard on several different occassions to decipher your cryptic opinions and I failed everytime. Your inadequacies when it comes to expressing your views in addition to your confusing contradictions just lead me to believe that you just simply aren't inteligent enough to discuss these topics.

Lol yep. Call me a pretentious asshole, but I couldn't bite my tongue any longer.

Feb 17 - 03:07 PM

joffreyleyn

joffrey leyn

well probably I am too stupid, too bad we can't be all that intelligent like you, if your goal is to troll around (which would probably express your "need" to go reply on a lot of posts), no problem, you can do that all day,I suppose it is an occupation as another .... some people work .... other go to school ... and other troll ... so, wish you a good trolling

Feb 18 - 12:28 AM

Chase The Lost

I'm not a troll and I do work actually. Not that my life is any business of yours. I was simply asking you to explain your opinions and I failed to understand you. No big deal. Yeah, I can be a dick but why should you care? I'm just one guy. If you got trolled by someone who isn't even a troll, then you shouldn't be posting on the internet.

Feb 18 - 07:10 AM

David G.

David Gee

Or better still Joffrey, you might want to cancel your Internet service altogether. It was pretty embarassing reading what you had to say.

Feb 19 - 10:29 PM

Tony Frederick

Tony Frederick

Chase, David, perhaps you should read more slowly and remember your recent hooked oh phonics training to help you understand what Joffrey had to say. It made sense to me.

Feb 20 - 11:46 AM

Tony Frederick

Tony Frederick

Chase, David, perhaps you should read more slowly and remember your recent hooked on phonics training to help you understand what Joffrey had to say. It made sense to me.

Feb 20 - 11:47 AM

Chase The Lost

You're insulting the grammar of two posters who have no issue with speaking or typing and you defend a guy who has the puncuation of a kindergartener?

Feb 20 - 04:50 PM

joffreyleyn

joffrey leyn

well maybe I have the puncuation (or is it maybe puncTuation ???? ) of a kindergartener, but English is only my third language, my native language is Dutch, my second language is French, my third is English, my fourth language is German (so yes, my grammar in german is even worse then that of my english), probably you speak and write and type fluently four or more languages, but as I stated before, not all of us can be so intelligent as you are ;)

Mar 2 - 10:07 AM

Chase The Lost

Putting aside the grammar, you still have a problem with contradicting your own views. I established my point about your poor grammar for the reason of my interest in understanding your vantage point about this topic. If it is true that you speak four different languages, English being your third, then bravo. I apologize for my grammar comments. But that still doesn't explain your inability to express yourself without committing inexcusable contradictions that mitigate your ability to inteligently contribute your opinions. You cannot possibly place fault in your prior fluent languages to justify your incongruencies.

Mar 2 - 03:16 PM

joffreyleyn

joffrey leyn

the only post where I so called "changed" or "contradicted" my own views, it seemed pretty obvious to me that post was ironic, and I like to think that highly intelligent people like you would have noticed the irony .... to conclude this, and to get back to the point, if you like to think critics are the ones making movies succesfull or unsuccesfull, I certainly won't try to change your mind, you are free to think whatever you want, my day by day experience is that it is the public who makes a movie successfull (sometimes agreeing with the critics, other times disagreeing)

Mar 3 - 04:18 AM

Chase The Lost

That's all I was trying to discuss with you lol. I now comprehend your irony and though I may not agree with you entirely, I now understand your posts. Again, I apologize for my rude attacks on your grammar as I wasn't aware of your ethnicity and vast knowledge of several languages. Very interesting stuff. Truth be told, I'm not a complete asshole. Just partially haha.

Mar 3 - 09:06 AM

pitvipersg

Soham Gadre

I don't trust the public. For one they go to movies simply for the sake of getting their two hours of masturbatory instant gratification and then they go home. This 'public' you talk about is the reason why Hollywood sucks so much now, they waste their money on useless trash and grow dumber dumber with each viewing only to feed into the money-laundering machine of big production companies. Critics and analysts are the reason why the best films are the ones we still remember. If they didn't exist and we only payed attention to the public, we'd have forgotten "The Godfather" already and we'd be talking about "Airport" as one of the greatest movies ever instead. The general public for movies are the same as the general public for political elections, uninformed, uninterested and the laziest bunch of suckers you can imagine.

Feb 15 - 12:08 PM

pat

Pat S.

"they go to movies simply for the sake of getting their two hours of masturbatory instant gratification and then they go home."

Maybe that's because we work our asses off 8+ hours a day, so that we can pay taxes from which snobbish full-time movie buffs with a superiority complex can live.

Feb 17 - 09:13 AM

Justin Daugherty

Justin Daugherty

I wasn't aware movie criticism was a government funded job

Feb 19 - 01:28 PM

Brian Sorensen

Brian Sorensen

Yea...and they also voted for Obama....

Saw it, wish I didn't...McClane is an invulnerable Superman as opposed to a vulnerable hero in the wrong place at the wrong time. Not faithful to the character at all.

Feb 15 - 11:35 AM

Diego Tutweiller

Yeah, why should we trust MAJORITIES?

Feb 15 - 03:27 PM

Ed Keefe

Ed Keefe

Just see it for yourself and form your own opinion if your that interested in it. I for one, thought it looked terrible from the 1st trailer so never had any intention of ever watching it.

Feb 15 - 11:35 AM

WS S.

WS Shannon

Good lord, do you realize how stupid this thread is? I guess we just HAVE to enjoy a crappy film because opinions and looking for flaws is just too overrated these days!

Feb 15 - 11:16 AM

WS S.

WS Shannon

Good lord, do you realize how stupid this thread is? I guess we just HAVE to enjoy a crappy film because opinions and looking for flaws is just too overrated these day!

Feb 15 - 11:16 AM

WS S.

WS Shannon

Good lord, do you realize how stupid your argument is? I guess we just HAVE to enjoy a crappy film because opinions and looking for flaws is just too overrated these day!

Feb 15 - 11:14 AM

William J.

William Johnsten

Die Hard's 94 % is TOTALLY UNJUST!!!! But seriously though, you'll trust the general public? They give any crappy film a good score AKA Transformers and Twilight series.

"The public just needs to go to the movies and enjoy them." So this applies to people going to watch Twilight and if they can't enjoy them for legitimate reasons they're part of an old age idea gone bad? Get real, your debate against professional critics suck and you can't accept a movie as bad only because you were anticipating so positively on it. I wonder why you're even on a website devoted to critics if you think their opinions are useless.

Feb 15 - 11:11 AM

BobHarris

Rich Aurillia

76% also liked Breaking Dawn II

Feb 15 - 11:02 AM

Mike Kowzun

Mike Kowzun

You trust the public that turned movies like "Transformers" and "Paul Blart: Mall Cop" into hits over people who have actually studied the art of film?

Good luck with that.

Feb 15 - 10:37 AM

Sergio Morales

Sergio Morales

lol! It's hard to tell when you're one of those people.

Feb 15 - 05:56 PM

Mike Kowzun

Mike Kowzun

You trust the public that turned movies like "Transformers" and "Paul Blart: Mall Cop" into hits over people who have actually studied and art of film?

Good luck with that.

Feb 15 - 10:35 AM

Mike Kowzun

Mike Kowzun

You trust the public that turned movies like "Transformers" and "Paul Blart: Mall Cop" into a hit over people who have actually studied the art of film?

Good luck with that.

Feb 15 - 10:34 AM

Dick Travis

Mick Travis

Man I hate people like this: that number doesn't accurately represent the "general public" you moron!

Feb 15 - 08:48 AM

Daniel Elford

Daniel Elford

Michael, do have a think on the effect critics can have on the production of films - it's a domino effect, look at Kevin Smith. You are possibly reading or listening to the wrong critics, but if you find a couple you trust, it can help save money and ensure a consistently enjoyable movie-going experience It's not to say you always have to agree, and of course there's no accounting for taste, but as a rule of thumb, good critics have a positive role to play, and are important to film makers, in the grand scheme of the film business.

Feb 15 - 06:11 AM

Mitch Cooley

Mitch Cooley

It is difficult to resist anything Mr. Willis is in. To me, even his weak movies are better because he is in it. Still, I'm sorry to hear his latest Die Hard, well...sucks. But, knowing it's Willis, portraying an aging McClane (with I'm sure the obligatory old man wise here and there)and knowing going in, the good guys, in whatever cartoonish unrealistic way...win in the end....means I will pay to see it. But I will wait till it hits On Demand.

Feb 15 - 05:37 AM

Dyno P.

Dyno Poutchev

I usually don't trust critics for an action movie, but 14% that's really low...

Feb 15 - 05:32 AM

Steffen Pabst

Steffen Pabst

Trust the critcs. This movie was awful!

Feb 15 - 05:22 AM

rocknblues81

rocknblues 81

I would also add that the user reviews haven't changed all day. According to the users meter, nobody has reviewed this movie today.

Feb 15 - 02:15 AM

rocknblues81

rocknblues 81

According to the users scores the Twilight movies are good.

This movie has NO CHANCE of being good. Having Bruce Willis in it means very little at this point. Look at all the direct to video stuff he does. This movie was made by people that have no talents. Just look at their previous work.

Again, this movie has no shot at being any good. Look how bad the trailer is. And video games look more realistic than this movie.

Feb 15 - 02:14 AM

Ed Keefe

Ed Keefe

Exactly, Willis is washed up! He does nothing but push out straight to dvd shit every couple months.

Feb 15 - 11:36 AM

Diego Tutweiller

He was in both Looper and Moonrise Kingdom, two of the most highly praised movies of 2012. I wouldn't call that 'washed up'.

Feb 17 - 08:51 PM

David G.

David Gee

Just saw Looper a few weeks ago. Willis didn't seem washed up at all to me, and I'd bet he gave a much better effort in that film because of how well it was written.

Feb 19 - 10:27 PM

Diego Tutweiller

THANK YOU! A lot of people in my family refuse to see DIE HARD (the original) just because they think Willis is a shit actor. I told them that it's required viewing.

Feb 22 - 11:11 AM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile