63% The Maze Runner Sep 19

40% Intruders: Season 1
90% Outlander: Season 1

A Letter to Momo Reviews

September 10, 2014
When I read a critique comparing it to "Spirited Away", I wanted to see it right away. And to be honest I wasn't disappointed. One of the best movies I have ever saw. Too good to pass on it. Worth multiple watch.
September 7, 2014
A nice fun movie about a girl and her goblins. Suffered from a bit of a jumpy ending, but overall I enjoyed it.
August 11, 2014
Not as far out as Spirited away, but still really good.
July 25, 2014
Quando vi que se tratava de uma nova obra de Hiroyuki Okiura fiquei absurdamente empolgado. Desanimei quando vi que não era ghost in the shell. A expectativa me acertou forte e quando assisti esse filme realmente não gostei. Revendo ele com calma e não esperando ver Motoko Kusanagi pude ver que era um filme simpático. Nada fantástico mas merece ser visto pelo menos uma vez.
July 6, 2014
An uplifting story told brilliantly. I teared up. Never thought anime could be so emotional.
April 4, 2014
Haven't seen a film so magical since Spirited Away!
February 16, 2014
Watched this film last night - it drew some tears and made me laugh - a very poetic story about how a mother and a daughter finally bond together over the death of the father. The animation is reminiscent of Miyasaki's style and the backgrounds transport you to that little southern Japanese island...
July 25, 2012
I've had the distinct pleasure of watching A Letter to Momo during the Warsaw Film Festival. It's an audacious and pleasurable story about the life of a young girl, grief-stricken after her father's death. In order to let go of her past she movies to a peaceful countryside with her mother and tries to meet new friends and go on living. A shy and introverted girl, Momo has major troubles in adapting to the new environment, but when she suddenly realizes that her house is haunted by some magical, extraordinarily funny and beautifully-drawn creatures, she feels the joy spreading all around her. And in the tantalizing and intense finale, she goes through a marvelous transformation from a cute girl into a strong woman and embarks on a dangerous journey, in order to save her ill mother, and in the process, find the true meaning of life. Hiroyuki Okiura directed the most imaginative and entertaining anime of the last few years, with a beautiful and detailed animation technique and a deep message within.