63% The Maze Runner Sep 19

87% The Strain: Season 1
79% You're the Worst: Season 1

A Place at the Table Reviews

May 3, 2014
Woooow una realidad muy desconocida por nosotros
December 31, 2013
It is a startling fact that there are 50 million people in the US that don't know where there next meal is coming from. Food insecurity is an invisible, but very real problem in our country. Of the developed world, the US ranks 23 in food security. I personally think it's crucial to know what's happening in the country you live in. there are, in fact, very real ways to help. if you only see films to distract yourself from what's actually happening in the world (and don't believe knowledge is power or that "you can be the change you wish to see in the world" then this documentary, or really any good documentary is probably not for you. And then i just hope you don't have children...
March 31, 2014
There is a few myth busting points in this film, the first is that poor people are lazy - 85% of the people with not enough to buy the food their families need have jobs - and the shocker is that by the end of the 70s we had almost eliminated hunger! From 1980 on it has been a constant chipping away at programs that help - and all in the name of tax cuts, more money for defense, etc, etc?and more and more money for corporate farms.
March 21, 2014
A sobering documentary on food insecurity and the strange correlation between poverty and obesity. The 2nd largest lobby; Agribusiness has managed to siphon tax$ towards food subsidies that go into packaged, starchy, fatty, sugary, unhealthy foods. The result; as wages drop, the poor can only afford to eat unhealthy; devoid of fresh fruits and vegetables.
March 12, 2014
Or the One Where A Strong Message Is Drowned Out By Poor Execution...

The title says it all, it's got a great heart, but poor direction.
February 26, 2014
Yes, we need change at the fundamental level of government, where we do not wage war on our own poor. But this is not the argument to do it. While sob stories tug at the heartstrings, it doesn't leave a lasting impression. This documentary could have done a lot more to show what needs to be done to feed and nourish every child in America. Show who does get subsidies and how much, then show the offsets. A well intentioned movie that overstates the obvious.
January 16, 2014
Seriously, America, wtf? Feed your citizens. Hungry and poor is no good for anyone. (That applies to you too, Canada.)
December 31, 2013
Amazing to know that in America we have an abundance of food, but nearly 50 million people are still food insecure. Very thought provoking.
December 24, 2013
Learned so much from this. Some shocking facts.
cappieforpresident
October 9, 2013
Touching and real. However, not as good as it could have been.
November 14, 2013
I'm literally in tears watching this. I feel for the adults in North America who don't have enough money or access to REAL FOOD, but for the children who have no choice but to eat the processed CRAP available because it's cheap... it's heartbreaking! Obesity, developmental delays, fatigue, inability to concentrate... children should NOT have to deal with this! :'(
August 22, 2013
Hunger is closer than we think, often hidden behind the fat
October 1, 2013
This movie is a call to arms. A Place at the Table is not a happy documentary but one that will cause you to be happy for what you have and make you ready go out and make a difference.
October 1, 2013
enchanting and enlightening documentary film about hunger in the United States.
March 1, 2013
My church is among those described in this documentary that work tirelessly to feed the hungry, but watching this excellent film proves that the real solution lies in political will to allocate resources intelligently. Everyone should see this to understand how simple it would be to fix the problem of children going hungry in this country... and to then insist our representatives do the right thing!
February 7, 2013
Eventually I'm just going to end up eating grass that I have a positive emotional relationship with that I've grown myself from wild seed that I've collected myself and offered tobacco for.
September 10, 2013
A movie that everyone should see to understand that their neighbors are enduring hunger while the political will remains negligible, requiring us all to stand up to change our food system and to ensure all Americans have food that is bountiful.
September 6, 2013
Wow, it made me sad. The one thing that made me angry was that the church fed everyone on Wednesdays and the pastor said "there should be a church in every community". I was angry because I am an atheist and I think the church is the biggest scam there is. If there was no church there would be more money for the people. Yet it is a never ending cycle, where the church preys on the vulnerable and the vulnerable are the most likely to donate their money to the church simply because they need the most hope and they are the least educated. But yet it showed the church who had the money to feed that many people. Because all these same people are donating money to the church. It is sad and eye opening if you look at it from a critical eye.
August 18, 2013
Educational and not painfully so.