The A-Team - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The A-Team Reviews

½ June 16, 2010
This was a lot of fun. The actors they chose to do the different parts were actually very well casted. The ridiculous over the top fun that was the A-Team was successfully transplanted to the big screen.
½ December 22, 2010
Suspension of disbelief is made almost impossible when a stupid movie like this insults our intelligence from beginning to end, believing to be much smarter than it is (in fact, it is brainless) with a lazy plot that is completely obvious and would only make sense to a retard.
½ July 23, 2013
This television-series-adaption is nothing but action, explosions, bland storylines and cliched humor. It does possess a strikingly strong cast of heroes (Neeson, Cooper, Rampage, Copley) but it doesn't get the job done as the film is a excessive exaggeration of the TV show. 3.5/5
July 3, 2010
If you loved the 80's A-Team TV series you will love this movie. Corny lines, impossible missions, it's got it all. It shows how the team formed and how they became fugitives. Great cast. Liam Neeson is brilliant as Hannibal. He's an unexpectedly good action hero. Bradley Cooper is the hunky Face, Murdock is still loopy and BA is still scared of flying. I like Jessica Biel but I don't think she was right for the lead female role. She is pretty but there's no substance to this character. I think someone like Demi Moore or Jodie Foster would have been better, more gutsy and edgy or even Jessica Alba would have been a better choice.
½ January 1, 2010
An explosive, stylish, outrageous and exhilarating action thrill-ride. A smart, thrilling, wickedly funny and adrenaline-pumping action-packed adventure that you will love. A tremendously entertaining roller-coaster ride of a movie that packs exactly what you want. A heat-seeking missal of non-stop action, sizzling suspense and outrageous comedy. A great movie that's just pure non-stop fun from beginning to finish and even after that you want more. There is no Plan B when it comes from the coolest television team who make it to the big screen with a fantastic and charismatic all-star cast leading the way. Liam Neeson, Bradley Cooper, Sharlto Copley and Quinton Jackson are absolutely sensational, these guys are an absolute joy to watch. They have the perfect chemistry to make this team of crazy, out of control characters work well. Neeson is fantastic, you can tell he's having a blast with this great character. Cooper is terrific, giving off plenty of cool attitude and charm. Copley and Jackson are hysterical together. Director, Joe Carnahan takes his game to a whole new level. A hilarious, pulse-pounding, relentlessly cool and frequently awesome movie. It delivers a few knockout twist and turns that will keep you guessing. The A-Team is the team to route for in this cant-miss entertainment.
April 25, 2012
Yet another action movie that flips off the laws of physics then shoots at them from a falling tank. If you rented this hoping for an in-depth, novel and cohesive story, you're going to be one unhappy camper. The point of this movie is the mind-bending assault plots, the rollicking action sequences and the superhumanly cool characters. All their flaws, like Face's quick attachment to women and Murdock's terrible illogic are not perceived by their compatriots as the obvious weaknesses they are but instead lovable quirks, even assets. It made my brain hurt. But hey, serves me right for leaving it on.
½ May 1, 2010
Four Air Force Rangers become a covert special ops team but when they are framed for theft and murder they break out of prison to clear their names. I wasn't exactly expecting The Dirty Dozen from this film but the braindead cartoon I was presented with exceeded even my expectations of its stupidity. Liam Neeson makes for a fair Hannibal Smith but Quinton Jackson is just a mumbling homeboy stereotype and the other two just smart mouthed irritants who I would have been quite happy to see blown out of the sky. The dialogue is just a collection of weak, throwaway one-liners and the plot nothing more than an excuse to blow up as much of the scenery as possible and plays out like a Hanna-Barbera version of Mission: Impossible. I found it an impossible mission to care.
October 22, 2011
I have never watched a single episode of the A-team, but a movie should be enjoyable regardless of whether a person has watched the show or not. This is one of those films where I enjoyed it overall, but it is a bad movie. The plot feels like three movies in one. The film is a trilogy of origin stories. The action is noisy and over-the-top, but that is the point. The biggest enjoyment factor in this film is seeing the main cast interact with each other. Their are some moments of fun, but as a whole, it is a disjointed mess.
½ August 7, 2010
One of the very few summer movies of 2010, alongside Iron Man 2, that I actually enjoyed. I originally had no intention of seeing this, but there was nothing showing during those months so I gave this a shot. I really liked it alot. I know nothing about the television show, but this film is great by itself.

The action, fighting, and special effects sequences are great. The whole movie is intense and highly entertaining. Never once was I bored.

I also really liked the cast. Liam Neeson, again, has given us another really good action movie. Bradley Cooper, Patrick Wilson, and Jessica Biel were also good. It was also nice to Sharlto Copley after loving his performance in District 9. He was very funny.

This is a great, fun, action-packed, blockbuster movie. I really enjoyed it and I'd definitely recommend it.
July 19, 2011
Pretty fun. Not nearly as violent as I thought, or the original actors made out it was. Clever directing, and good transition of plots from old to new. Kids stuff action movie, but old school vibe.
June 23, 2011
A great film. My favourite part being 'You spin me right round' A must see! Bradley Cooper with his shirt off. You can't miss that!
½ June 18, 2011
Horrible editing and a script working at 180mph pretty much ruins A-Team from moment one.
½ February 28, 2011
Didnt really enoy film, waste of cast. They put too much comedy in there, the plot was really forgettable, the characters were really dissapointing compared to the show. I kind of hated this movie.
½ June 20, 2010
It was totally goofy, but a lot of fun, just like the show was. In that vein, it was a faithful adaptation. Did I mention it was fun?
July 10, 2010
A pretty good film adaption of the classic tv show. Neeson does very well in George Peppard's shoes and Bradley Cooper fills in well as Face. Typical newer stylish effects, but it doesn't quite take away from the film too much. I've seen much better action movies, but this one is still pretty good by itself. Nice cameos after the credits roll.
March 14, 2011
Despite this film's crazy and fun moments, the acting and plot to this film fall a bit short even for an action movie.
½ April 29, 2010
A fast, fun, and frenetic action film; perfectly casted and directed with great energy and style by Joe Carnahan. Despite being almost too relentless at times and being a little too long, "The A-Team" is never short of entertaining and is an exciting couple of hours that no genre fan should pass up.
½ March 30, 2010
A fun popcorn action movie that does what it sets out to do and does it well. It has tons of action, some of it pointless and some of it exciting, but either way there's much worse you can spend your time watching than Liam Neeson breaking teammates out of jail by slamming a tank through the wall while they are watching a movie. It's subtle, I know. It has some funny moments too thanks to Sharlto Copley and Quinton "Rampage" Jackson's raport with the crew. Not really a fan of Bradley Cooper, though. He is just kind of there while Liam Neeson soaks in all the awesomeness. Jessical Biel is there to add a little sexiness to the preceedings. Not everyone will like it, but you can certainly pass me some extra butter to go with my popcorn.
½ February 6, 2011
Whether it is an A grade for the action or an A grade for the effort, Joe Carnahan puts the "A" in The A-Team.The character introductions are a focal point of the movie. In fact, it is so much so that the opening credits don't finish until nearly 20 minutes into the picture. From here on out the plot develops more and more into as the film progresses.This wouldn't be The A-Team if it wasn't for the action. There are boatloads of explosions, flying projectiles, and total mayhem throughout the film. The effects are a mixed bag. Some are done well, while others not so much. These are minor disappointments along with some of the editing and camera angles.The cast is a good one. Liam Neeson has the persona to lead a team of characters like this and Bradley Cooper is a solid second in command. Quinton Jackson steps up to the plate and blends in nicely, while Sharlto Copley is the most amusing of the bunch. The lovely Jessica Biel is a delightful supporting character to watch.To put it simply, The A-Team is a solid 2 hour action adventure and can be considered an adaptation done right.
January 30, 2011
Run of the mill action movie. Expect lots a brawn and muscle, explosions, shootouts, etc. Hot guys (Cooper and Wilson) and Liam Neeson earns it an extra star.