63% The Maze Runner Sep 19

A Turtle's Tale: Sammy's Adventures Reviews

3niR
3niR

August 29, 2011
It was a cute movie lol. Loved it.
November 8, 2013
A Turtle's Tale is a dull and attempt to ripoff of the successes of Finding Nemo and though it doesn't really do anything wrong stylistically, the story is dull and humorless.
October 28, 2012
Thankfully, I slept through most of this. It's an obvious attempt to cash in on the success of Finding Nemo, and to be honest it kind of made me angry how obviously dumbed-down it was. Kids are much more intelligent than this movie gives them credit for and its producers should be ashamed.
PeteyPablo10
July 2, 2012
A cute movie, obviously made for families and the younger generation. This whole journey did seem really long though, and at one point got very boring for me. The animations were nice as well as the voices so it was pleasant to watch (visually). Compared to a movie like Finding Nemo, this just wasn't that good of a film and the director just seemed to come up short on this one. Should be a fun watch for the kids, but anyone else should be aware because this could be a very long 90 minutes for you.
September 2, 2013
Enjoyable children's animated adventure about the life of a turtle and also gets some environmental plugs in there too.
May 31, 2014
It was a great movie... you cannot compare with Pixar, but also it doesn't have Pixar's budget... my kids loved it and the plot line is quite good
February 4, 2014
Visuals are not terrible, but the characters are bland, and it is bogged down by the ever exhausting liberal eco agenda, where the oil companies are evil, the rain forest is being cut down, and hippies are the nicest people ever.
Movie Matthew 101
December 28, 2013
Despite it's many flaws (awkward scripting, a rather annoying turtle...) it does have a good message for kids, I suppose...
September 25, 2013
It's message, originality are not the point for me. The film is visually stunning, putting the viewer in the perspective of the turtles swimming through a beautiful sea. It has been singled out by my 8 month old daughter as her favorite. She lights up, is engaged, and you cannot pry her eyes from it. When Sammy first appears on screen, she greets him with a laugh and smile that she does not do with any other movie. She only responds to her papa and I like that. Or the cat. I was not watching for the story, but because I was very impressed with the visual sensation of watching it, which I assume is what makes it my daughter's favorite. We find finding nemo annoying, so do not care about any comparison between the two. This is up there with ParaNorman, for us and our daughter, though we very much enjoy the story of ParaNorman ourselves.
June 26, 2013
I don't understand why they're comparing this to Finding Nemo. A Turtle's Tale has it's own charm. :) I loved it!
June 16, 2013
I find it difficult to find appropriate movies for younger children and we absolutely enjoy this movie. Yes, it's nemo-esque. Yes it has a clear environmental message. Yes, it is simple, but that's what WE LOVED ABOUT IT! Good role-models of friendship, fate and life. Thumbs up from this Hollywood Mama!
KevinRobbins
June 9, 2013
It's a small ocean out there.

A turtle born in the 50s and spends the majority of his life traveling across the ocean encountering new friends, new environmental challenges, new creatures, and potentially his mate. Shortly after finding the female turtle that may be his mate, he loses her. He searches for her as long as he can. Along the way he'll encounter old friends, make new friends, and partake in a series of adventures.

"Humans were strange creatures. Some make messes while others clean it up."

Ben Stassen, director of Fly Me to the Moon 3D and A Turtles Day 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise, delivers a Turtle's Tale: Sammy's Adventures. The storyline for this picture is just okay and fairly straightforward. The animation is solid and I did enjoy the characters. The voices include Melanie Griffith, Anthony Anderson, Ed Begley, Gemma Arterton, and Isabelle Fuhrman.

"And don't eat the plastic. Seaweed good. Plastic bad."

This is a movie my daughter and I recently watched off Netflix. I found it entertaining to watch the film unfold; but as an overall picture, I did not think it was anything special. This movie is worth watching once with your child but I wouldn't go out of my way to see it or add it to your DVD collection.

"Do I look like food to you?"

Grade: C
Krissi W.
June 4, 2013
Visually appealing at best, at least for the little one's...however, if you are over the age of 3 you are likely going to become quite bored and agitated by the very thin plot. Just a very cheap knock-off of Finding Nemo.
May 25, 2013
Yeah, esta pelicula tiene buenas imagenes, demasido realisticas, lo que la hace una pelicula de alta definicion, pero la historia le falta un poco de mas suspenso para llamar la atencion de yodo el publico
February 20, 2013
Finding Nemo has already been made, so why make a cheaper, less visually impressive and far less original version, with wiry characters, poorer animation and a thinner script.
February 27, 2013
Great movie all around. It is very original, how can you compare it to Finding Nemo, the only thing parallel to Nemo is the setting of an Ocean, and the fact that it's an animated movie. Even though Finding Nemo is now a classic, A Turtle's Tale, is a very interesting and educational movie for kids and even adults! This is a model movie of what the movie business should be pushing more of!
February 3, 2013
Love it!!! We liked it better than finding nemo. The music and story were great. The characters were awesome as well.
August 8, 2011
3d:(5)/guion:(3)/graficos:(4)
Your Movie Sucks
September 14, 2012
Despite it's impressive 3D effects, A Turtle's Tale: Sammy's Adventure is filled with repeating storyline and a whole lot of boredom.