Abandoned

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Abandoned Reviews

blackcecily
January 20, 2011
really strange watching a movie when you know the main actress is really dead. "Gonna keep on livin,' one day at a time" is the quote she says at the end of the movie. A bit ironic i'd say. All that being said the movie actually wasn't bad I quite enjoyed it, yes it had some bad acting moments but it was still enjoyable and completely watchable in a B movie kind of way.
June 21, 2014
Abandoned é um atentado ao bom gosto, indigno de muitas palavras. Os pais do monstro são Barry Barnholtz, Michael Feifer, Jeffrey Schenck, Diane Healey e Madeira Dickinson todos sem grande relevância no cenário cinematográfico, a direção é do próprio Michael Feifer, um diretor sem experiencia em grandes produções e o motivo fica logo claro, sua inabilidade em gerenciar atores. O roteiro de Peter Sullivan é deprimente, com falas bobas e uma narrativa medonha. Brittany Murphy e Dean Cain encabeçam um casting pavoroso de atores medíocres e sem qualquer devoção.
February 24, 2014
The family has to die and with no explanation why. At least I didn't find an explanation. The movie was semi okay but not enough so to watch it again or recommend it. It is like one big discombobulated mess. Half the time you cannot tell if what she is experiencing is real or a delusions of hers. In the end there is no emotion pull to either character once they are dead... You are just glad it is over and you can move on.
January 3, 2014
I preferred that it was a mental health thing, but I always enjoy Brittany anyway
December 29, 2013
To put it bluntly, it just wasn't good. An improbable story with too many strange goings on wrapped up in too neat a package combined with numerous goofs (at one point, a gun had the orange plug in it, the phone she's using changes throughout the movie, and God knows what else)... The story wasn't that great, the ending was kinda hokey... I don't even know why I kept watching but I guess once you get started, you just keep going. It's a shame that this was Brittany Murphy's last film. She did many better.
December 23, 2013
Good movie, It has a good twist!
John W.
September 9, 2013
Decent thriller with some good twists. Murphy does a nice job of pinballing between emotions and responses as she tries to determine what has occurred with no one she can really turn to. Cain does an decent job with his role, but his wholesomeness interferes with a truly convincing 'dark side'
July 16, 2013
Pretty entertaining, with a few twists that even though were not overly original are well placed through the movie.
June 8, 2013
Murphy plays Mary Walsh a woman who leaves her new boyfriend to have surgery done on his leg, but several hours later is unable to find him in the hospital. What's worse is no one knows where he is or has even heard of him. Trapped in a hospital by a Dr, a Security Guard and the Administrator. Walsh has to figure out what happened to her lost boyfriend.

Sadly enough Murphy's last movie before her untimely death. I wish I could say that she went out with a blockbuster but sadly enough she did not. This movie is just average. Not a bad movie, but not a excellent one either. I find with a plot like this that so many outcomes were possible, but the outcome is somewhat disappointing. This movie puts you in the mind of a made for tv movie than anything else, but it is worth a watch if you're into mystery & suspense type movies.
April 6, 2013
Sadly, Brittany Murphy's last movie. A semi-effective thriller that does a decent job of hooking you, but it loses credibility in the last third with an unbelievable plot twist. Murphy did not look well, and the bleach job on her eyebrows was horrid. Jay Pickett had a twitch under his right eye nearly the entire movie. Rating this higher than I should in memory of Murphy.
February 17, 2013
Somehow some B-Movie producers found a way to rope in some semi-A-List actors into what sounds like a interesting movie on paper, but no concept can overcome the poor direction, writing, etc.
January 4, 2013
Good thriller that has you guessing but it all seemed rather rushed at the end and a bit predictable.
Erin C

November 21, 2012
Not the best acting, but the story was a good one. It had twists that I wasn't expecting.
September 8, 2012
Sad that the last movie of Murphy needed to be this mess. And it is not as if the story was particularly bad... the director and yes, sadly, Murphy's own performance conspired to kill this thriller before it got out of the starting blocks. The script, halfway in, seemed rushed. I heard better dialogue being spewed in low budget, bargain bin straight-to-dvd fair. Just not the sendoff Murphy deserved.
July 20, 2012
i watched this movie. don't make my mistake.
filmhipster.com
July 4, 2012
Brittany Murphy appeared to be stoned out of her mind in this bush league production that played out like an after-school special...one of the worst movies of the decade, its premise was abhorrently stupid and made no sense at all.
June 14, 2012
Brittany Murphy's last movie before she sadly passed away... at the ending it was dedicated to her. The movie itself though wasn't very good. The storyline sucked, and i only think i watched it the whole way through cause i was a fan of Brittany Murphy. She was the best actress/actor in this and it's kind of a shame that her final movie wasn't a decent one....
Overall not worth watching unless you're a fan of Brittany Murphy and want to see her final movie.
May 5, 2012
it was different.. and it confused me at times lol but it was ok
April 3, 2012
What a rough film emotionaly and physicaly.
Drama so bold. You really feel the vunerability and sensativity in Brittany Murphys expressions. Still, her character was very strong to get through it all.

I think this is work she would be proud of.
March 2, 2012
Has to be the worst movie ever made in modern times. Britney Murphy looks totally drugged throughout the entire affair. Her makeup is overdone to make her look healthy. It was her last movie before her mysterious death and she looks under the influence.
The casting is poor made up of has been actors Dean Cain being the other notable desperado.
The script is intolerable, predictive and mono syallabic.
Britneys hair looks greasy at all times (not what you would expect of a high flying banker, which her character is meant to portray) Her make up especially her lipstick changes from pink, to purple, to ruby red from scene to scene not to mention the poor continuity where her earrings change colour and even disappear then reappear in several scenes. In the final scenes she is wearing a watch which she never had throughout the entire movie.
Its low budget and I'd be surprised if it cost more than $100,000 to make.
Really dissappointing fare and really sad to see Britney in such a shocking state.
The directors and producers should never have let this movie be made let alone released.