42% Sin City: A Dame to Kill For Aug 22

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Abduction Reviews

Nicki M

November 15, 2011
May not be the stupidest movie I ever saw, but got to be coming close. No wonder Taylor does not seem to get decent roles! (By the way, I am not a fan, but he is not *that* bad as an actor). This is just a crappy movie with a silly plot.
jjnxn
jjnxn

December 13, 2012
A dumb thriller with a foolish script. Taylor Lautner has one expression, dazed confusion, no matter what kind of danger he's in so involvement in his plight is minimal. Lily Collins is not much better. Quality actors Maria Bello, Jason Isaacs, and Sigourney Weaver are wasted in nothing parts and Alfred Molina seems as bored as you will be.
Sophie B

September 20, 2011
Some interesting, Hitchcockian twists and turns but overall the acting and less than perfect action sequences make it difficult to watch.
Dean !

September 10, 2011
A very average action/thriller, more of a teenage Bourne identity. It obviously had plenty of money to be spent on it, but from the very experienced cast none of the performances were that good. It does feel like a collection of ideas from other films, but sadly doesn't do them as well. Ok if nothing else is on.
Japes
Japes

June 10, 2012
For the record Taylor lautner didn't make this movie suck. The movie would suck no matter who was the main character. The writer and director especially the writer created an awful movie. I like Taylor lautner though. People hatin on him all the time blamin him for the suckiness of this move. The script was awful and the direction was a total fail. The plot didn't make any sense at all, and even at the very end I was like wtf. I'm not entirely sure why the movie is even called "Abduction" because I'm pretty sure from what I watched no one was abducted. In fact, everyone was pretty much off doing their own thing at their free will. I would say that I could've made this movie better, but I don't even think I could turn this movie into a good one without completely rewriting the script and recasting the actors.
thmtsang
thmtsang

March 24, 2012
It's like a young Bourne Identity. Teenager discovers his parents aren't his real parents. He doesn't know who to trust.
LWOODS04
LWOODS04

December 16, 2010
Cast: Taylor Lautner, Lily Collins, Alfred Molina, Jason Isaacs, Maria Bello, Michael Nyqvist, Sigourney Weaver, Antonique Smith, Denzel Whitaker

Director:John Singleton

Summary: When teenager Nathan comes across his own childhood picture while scrolling through a missing persons website, he begins to question everything he ever took for granted -- including the people he always assumed were his parents.

My Thoughts: "I wasn't looking forward to seeing this film, I had been warned how awful it was, but yet here I am giving my thoughts on it and I have a 13yr old to thank for it. Now to the movie... I tried to look past how ridiculous Taylor Lautner's acting is but I couldn't. It was like instead of acting, he was trying to make sure he was coming off really cool. His acting leaves something to be desired. I did think Lily Collins was good in the movie. So was the small parts of Maria Bello and Jason Issacs. The movie is filled with talented actor's and actresses who unfortunately aren't used nearly enough. Lautner comes off too stiff and needs to relax and become the character and not try to put himself into it so much. Oh and am I the only one who thought the kissing scene on the train was gross and awkward? I felt sorry for the girl. It sounded like her face was being sucked off. I actually liked Taylor in the 'Twilight' films. I don't know what went wrong in this one for him. But his acting wasn't the only bad thing. I could also blame the weak story. Maybe he'll do better in future film with a better script."
Al S

February 19, 2012
A fairly entertaining and thrilling action movie. A surprisingly smart, stylish and suspensful stunt-packed thriller that keeps your heart-pouunding every step of the way. Its full of fire-power, fist, kicks and fantastic stunt work.
Everett J

February 17, 2012
"Abduction" is a movie made for one sole purpose, to show off Taylor Lautner. While he has the look, he can't act and has zero charisma. Just like this movie, so it's a perfect match. The movie is bland, the story is weak, and the action is lame at best. Lautner(Nathan) is a teenager who feels "different" on the inside from everyone else. Then one day he comes across a website that shows his picture as a missing child. From there, he is chased by Russian assassins and the CIA. Actually, no one gets abducted in this movie(and its called abduction!). If your a Lautner fan, or a fan of horrible action movies, then this is for you. Otherwise, steer clear of this cause it'll be found in the crap section.
Tyler R

January 17, 2012
When I first saw the trailer, I knew by the end of the movie, the ends in no way would justify the means. I was right. Any movie with Taylor Lautner is bound to stay below a 50% on Rotten Tomatoes. He is, for the most part, responsible for the rating. He just can't act. But onto the movie. Taylor Lautner is a high school wrestler who fences with his dad. They clearly went all out with making his character unique. (Rolls eyes.) His dad is played by Jason Issacs and his mom is played by Mario Bello. (The chick who helped ruin "The Mummy.") Why Jason Issacs is in this is beyond me. He's a great actor. He played the bad guy in "The Patriot" and he played the conflicted Lucius Malfoy in the "Harry Potter" series, but now, he's in a Taylor Lautner movie. For what it's worth though, Issacs did a good job in this movie, despite looking really bored playing his role. Lautner finds out he was a missing child or something and his parents aren't his parents. They die and the adventure begins. Lautner is with his girlfriend, Lily Collins, (She's cute, but her eyebrows annoy me.) and they meet up with Sigourney Weaver. She looked like she didn't want anything to do with this movie, but did it against her will. Same with Alfred
Molina. His line reading sounded really forced. Many pointless and unrealistic action scenes later, the movie ends. All in all, this movie was pointless, boring, convoluted, badly acted and poorly written. Taylor Lautner makes that same face in every scene he's in: >:( Always too much emotion. His line reading is terrible as well. If you like to be entertained watching movies, skip this.
MANUGINO
MANUGINO

September 29, 2011
What if your entire life was a lie?

Not bad yet not that great either. The movie entertains at times but it's also a little slow for my taste, there were a few holes undeveloped in this movie and few were not even clear. Could have been way better than it was. I can't really say that the movie sucks because it doesn't but this was all the writer's and director's fault. Can't recommend this film because you might like it or not so you decide.

Nathan, a teen, along with his friend, Karen finds a website that has photos of children who are missing or believed to have been abducted. They decide to age one of the photos and discover that is of Nathan as a child. He contacts the person who placed the photo to find out what's going on. The person on the other end only wants to know info about Nathan so Nathan hangs up. The person then contacts someone in Europe and shows him a photo of the one who called. He then heads for the U.S. Nathan then wonders is it true, was he abducted. He tells his "mom" who then tells him she and his "father" will tell him. But before they can, two men claiming to be cops show up wanting to talk to Nathan, and when he isn't found they pull guns and demand Nathan be given to them. His parents fight them but are killed. Nathan runs but remembers that he asked Karen to come over and one of them tries to get rough with her but Nathan saves and they escape just as the house blows up. They go to the hospital so that Karen can treated. Nathan calls 911 to report what happened but finds himself talking to a man named Burton who says he's with the CIA and that his parents were too. He tells Nathan to wait for some people he is sending to pick him. But Nathan's therapist shows up telling him that they have to go. She tells him that she and his parents were asked by his real father to take care of him. She warns him not to trust Burton. She tells him to go an apartment in Virginia. When he gets there, he sees the kind of person his father is. When Karen tries to call her relatives, her call is again intercepted by the CIA. Nathan decides to get out and sets out to find his mother whose address he found in his father's apartment.
Tyler C

August 30, 2011
The 4th worst movie I've seen this year. Yes Taylor Lautner's acting is awful, but he's definitely not the biggest blame for how much this film sucks! Trust me there's a lot more reasons!
3niR
3niR

November 14, 2011
Not as exciting as it tried to be. It was worthless.
Scott G

October 27, 2011
would you expect any less from such a low rated actor like Taylor? I didn't.
Cory T

September 25, 2011
With the same furrowed brow and inexpressive face, the interminably wooden Lautner leaps around the screen like a frog. The plot is similar to a lobotomized John Le Carre spy novel without the ensnaring political factions or plausible plot. Everything is telegraphed early on. For example, his black friend is adept at creating fake ID's which is handily implemented when they must go off-the-grid. His friend also possesses game tickets to a Pirates baseball game which is where the climax takes place. Most of the exposition scenes are unintentionally funny such as when a calm Weaver explains to a panicky Lautner that he must dive out of an accelerating vehicle and discard his girlfriend. John Singleton has officially retired from profound, meaningful filmmaking about the urban jungle for an unbearably self-serious CW teen soap opera pilot.
DreamExtractor
DreamExtractor

August 17, 2011
Abduction is a incredibly boring a worthless action film, and is just another excuse for hating Taylor Lautner. The story is about Nathan (Taylor lautner) who discovers his parents are not really his parents. When men come and murder his parents, he must escape men trying to kill him and discover who his real parents are and why all this is happening. A story this terrible is hardly ever found in movies, because I truly thought the film was so boring, so stupid, and so pointless that it stands as one of the worst story lines of this year. The cast in this film is like watching a bunch of 5 year old playing in the backyards with toy guns, I mean seriously, the only resaon they had Taylor Lautner was to make retarded girls scream "OMG Taylor Lautner" and come on Sigourney weaver, you can do better than crap like this. The action was pretty pointless, I mean there was not one moment where I was excited, or into it, all I saw was Taylor Lautner trying to be a bad@$$ but in reality he is a wimp. This is not the worst movie of 2011, on the contrary there are many worse than it, but it still is one of the worst and I truly hated this movie and plan on never watcing again if I am lucky.
Liam G

September 25, 2011
''Abduction'' met my expectations. Those expectations were very low. It's not a god-awful piece of garbage, but across the board it's very weak. The acting is mediocre but the dialogue is absolutely horrible, laughable at times. The film's plot is extremely convoluted which forbids you to care about what is going on. The action isn't particulary exciting or engaging which makes ''Abduction'' a pretty bad action movie. Taylor Launtner has a chance of being a solid action star, but this isn't that chance.
KJ P

September 19, 2011
"Abduction" decides to take Taylor Lautner and place him in a career defining role. Only problem, it ruins him. This film truly has no plot, but a mere idea that goes absolutely nowhere and is never answered. We get an A-list cast pushed off to the sidelines and hardly ever seen until a big moment comes, in which they are subdued to cheesy lines that will make any audience member laugh. After the first 10 minutes pass, you begin to feel something good coming, but I must tell you that you are wasting your time. This film is too slow, the action is forced and staged, the acting is wooden and laughable, the plot makes no sense, and it was honestly a waste of 106 minutes. Even though the action is forced, it does have a little bite to it, being the only thing to keep me interested. The camera angles are simple and it seems like a high school film graduate could have handed the director a diploma and walked on set. This film has a lot going for it, but nothing happens, and by the end of the movie, we are told something that we already knew from the beginning, but never told why. The saddest part is that it is left open for a sequel. I hope this film fails, because it has definitely failed as a piece of film. There is absolutely no reason for it to have been made, and it follows every cliche in the book, without an interesting twist. Overall, "Abduction" is a terrible movie, with a couple of intriguing scenes! John Singleton is capable of so much more!