Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter Reviews

February 8, 2016
Review coming soon..
February 8, 2016
Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter has pretty good visuals, but it is melodramatic, stupid, has bad action, and is a terrible movie. Abraham Lincoln is a great man and should not be made fun of in a stupid movie like this.
June 28, 2012
There is no words to describe that movie. It's very silly movie, and the worst part is, that they are trying to be serious about it.
½ February 4, 2016
I really enjoyed this movie. I feel the only reason people did not like it was because people couldn't get over the character of Abraham Lincoln. Obviously 97% of this movie is not true. I did enjoy that they did keep some aspects of his life, and just added the vampire twist.
April 17, 2012
A film not quite sure whether to be serious or over-indulgent, that suffers from this indecisiveness. It could have potentially succeeded well as either, more easily the latter, but in the end, an overall lacking of self-awareness is the downfall of this film.
January 18, 2016
WOW!! No wonder it took so long for me to see this one. Trash!!
½ November 29, 2015
What A Bad Idea to use a President as a Vampire Hunter.
I'm so sick of people using real presidents becoming vampire hunters and vampires turning invisible.

The Plot: Horrible!

The Acting: Not bad!

The Script: Painful!

The Writing: Average!

The Directing: Not too Entirely Awful but still could do better.

Everything all together: Mostly Bad!

Words To Describe: Pitiful, Bad, Slight, Horrendous, Boring, Unbareable and Meh!

My Score Opinion: 25/100
½ January 15, 2016
Not a bad storyline, if a bit .. dull.
½ April 18, 2012
Don't judge till you watch the trailer!
April 3, 2013
It's not a mind blowing movie or story but I kept me watching the TV the whole movie.
December 11, 2012
Es disfrutable en niveles excesivos, tiene un cast algo erroneo, pero el estilo de Timur esta alli, con accion increible, es una pelicula bizarra y blockbuster, no sigue lineamientos genericos, pelicula para los extravagantes, diferente y entretenida. Cumplio su cometido y algo más.
November 4, 2015
This movie is a heck of a lot of fun.
October 28, 2015
While it's somewhat interesting to see Honest Abe kill vampires, and the film is visually exciting. Abraham Lincoln Vampire takes it's mashup premise itself a little too seriously. And it's overall payoff may vary for those who come in expecting whatever they thought would come.
October 21, 2015
The ex president of America was a Vampire slayer? What an imagination. Who knows in the near future, we may see Mother Teresa portrayed as a ninja. After all, they have already made sweet Snow White a swordswoman. The audience can embrace all this fantasy easily provided that the movie is presented in a humorous way or as a parody. But the director decides to play things straight. It is hard to fault this movie technically. It is just difficult to take it seriously.
March 25, 2012
Surprisingly enjoyable!
October 9, 2015
The self-seriousness clashes with the ludicrous story while the visual flair clashes with the over-stylized action editing - Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter just doesn't work; plain and simple.
February 22, 2015
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter ... Tim Burton's and Timur Bekmambetov's crazy Action, Horror based off a mashup novel with the same name. We follow Abraham Lincoln, president by day, vampire slayer by night and it's really as cheesy as it sounds. It is visually good, the set design and costumes even down to the lighting is a visual masterpiece but the story, the script and the serious tone throw the whole thing off. The end is rushed and thrown together, the execution was terrible from the beginning.
½ September 12, 2015
I write this as a fan of the book. The film is absolutely nothing like the original story. Whereas the book cleverly weaves the actual biography of Abraham Lincoln with fantasy, the film carelessly mashes the two together and soils the fascinating story of Abraham Lincoln's life In the book the silly idea of vampires being real makes beautiful love with actual historical facts, In the film, however, it rapes them. That's why the book appeals to intellects and was a best seller, and the film will be just another forgotten Hollywood summer flick thrown together to squeeze cash from high school boys.
½ August 26, 2015
Considering the film's ostensibly silly concept, it would have been far better if this were a comedy film, or better yet a parody. Instead, we get a sub-par fantasy action flick that fails because it takes its ridiculous premise way too seriously. In fact, the overly serious tone is what breaks suspension of disbelief to the point of no return. It's not just the vampire killing element that's flawed. Somehow, it seems as though the writers changed history in order to make it fit the premise, eventually up to the point that the entire Confederate army is basically written off as vampires. Not only does that not make sense, but it also reeks of historical revisionism. Again, all of this would have been fine as a comedy, but it's taken so seriously and in such a forced way that it simply doesn't work. The acting is pretty much average, it sounds so forced. I don't think for a moment that any of the actors really felt like taking the film seriously the first time, and the characters suffer because of it. Then again, the very bland personalities don't help the cause. The film looks completely bland, almost as though the producers were making a very feeble attempt to ooze grit from every orifice, and in the end it fails. The action scenes seem like they could have been the best part of the movie, but even with competent choreography, the action scenes suffer because they're just so inescapably dull and ridiculous. To top it all off, the film's generic orchestral film score creates a generally bad atmosphere that ruins everything including the action scenes. Ultimately, though not the worst film of its kind, this film fails as a fantasy action film, and squanders ever opportunity it had to work as a parody of such.
August 23, 2015
Extremely enjoyable and fun. This fictional tale of Abraham Lincoln being a vampire hunter before and during his presidency is quite creative.

The acting is quite good overall with a great cast and interesting supporting characters.