• PG-13, 1 hr. 33 min.

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Accepted Reviews

Anthony L

February 3, 2014
It fails at raising what it thinks is a serious argument and only proves that the minority is actually the majority and who cares anyway. To think that way would be taking it too seriously though and I'm not going to do that. I've wanted to see this film in years as I had heard good things about it from people I don't hate that much. I also wanted to finally see the film that has Jonah Hill dressed up in that Hotdog costume. I liked it, it's silly. It verges on being yet another US college cliche but it is better than most. That's not saying much but it was still enjoyable.
Apeneck F

June 4, 2012
Students rejected by authorized institutions of higher learning decide to start their own college in this Animal House cousin that pretends to question "legitimate" education, but like a slacker friend who discusses world politics while smoking all of yer stash really just wants to party. Charm carries the day here and Lewis Black plays my own personal Gandhi.
TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

June 3, 2012
Accepted is a poorly constructed college comedy that tries too hard at being the next Animal House. The difference is, is that Animal House was actually funny, and memorable. This film isn't. The cast here are uninteresting, and though the film starts off with some potential, Accepted ultimately fails to deliver anything worth mentioning. This is a flawed film that just doesn't work. I thought that the film had potential, but it seems that the filmmakers didn't know how to deliver anything good. The film is just a caricature of every other college comedy; we've seen it all before, this one is just predictable with a wasted cast. This film could have been a lot better than it turned out. This is just a pointless comedy with gags that are strained, and in most cases unfunny. Accepted fails to delivers great laughs. Thus this film just ends up being an awful, tiresome comedy that doesn't try to make you laugh. This film simply doesn't work and is not worth your time. This is just a film that has far too much wasted potential. Accepted could have been a great college teen film, but instead ends up being a misfire. This film simply doesn't work, due to a tiresome, predictable formula and not so good acting. I really didn't enjoy this film, and I felt that a lot more effort could have been put into the film to try and create something good. I'll stick with Animal House as that is the definitive college comedy.
Eric A

July 31, 2011
Stupid and not realistic.
murphmann93
murphmann93

June 23, 2011
Quirky teen comedy. Funny and inventive. I quite liked it.
CloudStrife84
CloudStrife84

April 10, 2007
Pretty inconsistent in the quality of its humor, but when it's funny, it's downright hilarious. Justin Long is great as always, and the perfect pick for his role. I also loved the inclusion of Lewis Black in the cast. I have only seen his stand-ups prior to this, but as I came to discover, he's just as entertaining on the big screen as well. It appears he's been given a lot of freedom with the material, which gave the movie a real boost in energy and hilarity. If ever he gets his own feature film, I'm definitely renting it. Don't expect too much of this one though, because it's not exactly what you'd call an award-magnet. Some of the roles are badly written, and it's got many of the clichés and stereotypes that you'll find in other high school/college comedies. In any case, it's an enjoyable way to kill some time.
Coxxie M

March 21, 2009
I dont know much, but i always say everyone knows atleast two things if they are able to walk out of their house and close the door behind them, and this movie will surely inspire people to do that incase they arent lready outside making a snowman. so anyway, i know two things.
one: Brett Favre really, really likes to retire from stuff.
two: if you come across a movie in a video store labeled as comedy and there are alot of people on the cover screaming at the camera for no apparent reason, you should realize its no comedy and then feel compelled to go make a snowman in the beautiful snow.
YodaMasterJedi
YodaMasterJedi

September 8, 2010
3 stars
Spencer S

August 3, 2010
A good laugh riot, with heart that is gained slowly and surely.
Richard C

July 29, 2010
B-
KJ P

January 10, 2010
I thought accepted was an acceptable comedy for the genre, brining in just enough laughs to satisfy fans of the genre! I give some props to accepted!
movieguru12
movieguru12

March 5, 2008
Very funny college movie & it's way way better than Animal House for me. Jonah Hill is funny as always & Justin Long & Blake Lively have great performances as well!!!
cosmo313
cosmo313

April 4, 2009
This movie is not very original or believable, but sue me, I enjoyed it. I really did. It's funny as hell, and it does touch upon real life issues, just from a satirical POV that, as I said, wasn't too original or believable and could have been tweaked. The dialogue is hilarious, and the performances by Jonah Hill and Lewis Black are both ridiculously hilarious and scene stealing. Not great, but not terrible either.
Alice S

January 15, 2009
Surprisingly whip-smart commentary on the soul-crushing bureaucracy known as academe. Blake Lively is pretty and has an awesome name.
LorenzoVonMatterhorn
LorenzoVonMatterhorn

September 18, 2007
In terms of plot, lets face it, its pretty basic. If you saw the trailer, you know the plot. But what makes this movie great are the one liners. So if you like quick wit and just really want to laugh this is a good movie to go see. Its not too gratuitous and over the top, and it doesn't push so hard to be funny. Some movies just try to hard, but the basic plot and classic one liners make this movie entertaining. If you just want to get out of the house and go laugh with your friends this is the perfect movie for you. Especially if you are about to go to college or are in college. I think that everyone can relate to this movie and you should see it if you want to be entertained.
Jose Z

August 19, 2007
Every decade we have a movie that change the way to see teenagers, for example in the 80's there was The Breakfast Club, in the 90's it was American Pie, now It was the turn of Accepted, a enjoyable film that mocks of teenagers with very funny situations. A decent cast of young actors but with very good acting. In conclusion, this movie is so ridiculous that it makes it funny and entertaining.
Leigh R

March 5, 2007
It was pretty good.
Megan S

March 2, 2007
I really enjoyed this one. I thought it would be really good but then it didn't stay in the theaters long so I lowered my expectations and that probably helped. "Do you have hobo stab insurance?"
Bobby H

July 17, 2007
I've been waiting for another movie that actually made me laugh, with out too much complete stupidness, and this movie did it. It's a great plot, awesome actors, and one of the best movies I seen in 2006.
Sophie B

June 24, 2007
A good and extremely funny fil, however, i felt it moved a bit too fast! could have beefed it out abit!