—— As Above/So Below Aug 29

82% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Adam and Paul Reviews

May 9, 2014
Excellent film. Tragically funny, shows the two men with a glimpse of what they could have been and yet just how bad they have become. Really enjoyed watching it. the characterisations are superb.
May 6, 2014
This is not normally my type of movie, but I loved every minute of it. Beautifully acted, not a wasted scene. And unrelentingly funny despite the grim theme. A definite thumbs up.
Tommy South
June 14, 2013
This is a poignant story about two heroin addicts living in Dublin. They are named Adam and Paul and they are hopelessly lost in the world. They wander the streets of Dublin with no other purpose than to find the next fix and to satisfy their desperate craving. It's really a very sad story but also finds several moments of humour amidst the gloom.
The comedy in the movie is at times reminiscent of Laurel and Hardy slapstick but is perhaps closer in tone and style to a Samuel Beckett tragicomedy. Watch out for one hilarious scene where the pair have an encounter with a haughty Bulgarian man on a public bench. The scene is wickedly funny, insightful and clever but nevertheless ends on a bleak, existential note. Comedy and tragedy are never too far apart in this movie.
Although the movie finds the absurd in the everyday it neither glorifies nor laughs at drug addiction. I believed the situation this pair are in, and although they are in many ways despicable and dishonest characters, I could not help but feel very sorry for them in their dog-eyed misery. They are slaves to their addiction and you see little hope for them.
July 8, 2013
One of the bleakest films I have ever seen.
October 5, 2012
As real as it gets.......
Lewis B.
February 8, 2010
This movie about two typical junkies in Dublin will definitely make you laugh. It will definitely make you cry...and also, it will definitely open your eyes to see the reality that is devastating and rotting our own society within. This film is not just about two heroin addicts and their struggle through a day of course. It is indeed, an everyday tragedy. It is an echo, crying and shouting for help. This film makes you feel, that you as well are part of it somehow...