The Addams Family - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Addams Family Reviews

½ April 26, 2016
A mother and her son attempt to con the Addams family fortune in this acceptable remake.
June 19, 2011
Average film but a little too silly at times, The film was cast well though.
½ January 2, 2016
You can hardly remember its story and the plot is indeed quite childish, but you just can't forget the weirdness and, loveliness in some sense.
December 29, 2015
Great little family fun film. Nice plot, very light hearted and some good easy going acting.
November 27, 2015
The story was pretty thin, but who cares? Well, I guess I do. It could have been a transcendent classic, instead we get just a pretty good movie. Maybe it would be better viewed as a series of gifs. The dark humor is light, but works in its PG way.
May 13, 2012
This is still an absolute classic. A timeless movie that never gets old which still has plenty of laughs.
September 27, 2015
For anyone who loves everything Addams Family, like me, this is one of those touchstone films for you which you will always love. This movie is funny, quirky and so quintessentially Addams family that it's impossible for fans not to love it. Yeah, it's got a flimsy plot and kind of shallow villains and an unrealistically clean ending, but it's the little lines and little moments along the way that more than make up for the overall flimsiness. This is a film I will watch whenever it is rerun and one I will love forever.
November 6, 2015
Two criminals and the corrupt lawyer of the Addams family decide that the best way to acquire the family fortune is to become them. Christopher Lloyd poses as the long lost Uncle Fester as he searches for the vault containing millions. Although the family is suspicious they take him in and the search continues. The Addams family is well acted as each individual member portrays each person very well. The film will likely appease most fans of the old show.
November 1, 2015
Delightful Halloween time fun, loaded with dark and just plan weird humour.
November 1, 2015
Thoroughly enjoyable even after all these years. A charming movie.
½ October 24, 2015
There are some fun performances, but this is overall a pretty bad film.
½ March 7, 2012
An under-rated, lively and funny adaptation of the tv series with a fantastic cast.
½ September 16, 2007
This is utterly hilarious and one of my personal favorites!
½ June 23, 2012
seen it many times. a classic.
July 8, 2011
I love everything macabre,I loved the atmosphere of the film and the cast was amazing!Amazing one-liners but still I can't say I enjoyed the script or the story!It was fun but not more than that!
½ September 23, 2015
I could see how this may appeal to fans of the original TV Series but it failed to impact me at all. It wasn't very funny & rather labored.

The plot is paper thin & some of the gags are ok but nothing really stands out about this film at all.

I think the film is well cast & I hear quite regularly that the sequel is much better. I recommend this if you grew up watching the TV Show.
½ July 19, 2015
Never really saw the series, but I have heard of them since I was a kid. I finally get to watch the movie that was based after the show and it seemed pretty decent. Some of the humor was okay and it did have an interesting story. At least I got to learn about the family more. Good effects on Thing too.
June 27, 2015
dark and wicked humour, this film plays better with age and is hilarious. this is one that deserves to be rediscovered
June 25, 2015
This movie is a pool hotly amazing and cool obsessed!!!!!!!!!!!!
June 16, 2015
so very charming and fun for the whole family.